+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
We have been gone a week so I need to catch up. Congrats to everyone that needs congrats.

We were driving out of town Monday when we get a letter at the house asking for more documentation. We were heading to a cabin in Arkansas not known for it's internet reception. Bittersweet vacation not being able to do much for immigration.

But at least we are getting movement. And we do have a weird case (same-sex common-law w/ child).

Happy Thoughts

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
Ecas update at 4:15am with tracker. Medical traits have been received! Hopefully it's not too long now!!

Jeff

Star Member
Aug 29, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
My wifes PPR came through today.

chess101

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-10
AOR Received.
07-10-10
File Transfer...
10-09-10
Med's Request
Done Before
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 07
We're still waiting 12 months now

Lynn-ji

Jun 2, 2011
bonacker said:
Mine went thru Buffalo but was then sent to New York to be "Expedited."

Unfortunately, somehow my FBI clearance certificate was LOST somewhere between Buffalo and New York. And now my process is held up for months (if I'm lucky, from 3-5 months extra).

(Buffalo acknowledged receipt of the complete application. And I kept a Xerxox of the FBI clearance. But New York will only accept an original FBI clearance . . . and the current wait time for clearance is at least 13 weeks, per the FBI website.)

PS: Since the FBI clearance "certificate" is actually only a simple letter from the FBI stating "no criminal history found," I honestly do NOT understand why they can't accept my Xerox along with my receipt that I paid the US gov for the FBI background check. It seems ludicrous. But there you go.

I thought we are supposed to submit the FBI report along with any other police clearances as the check list states we are to attach original police documents with the application. Now I am confused because you said your FBI document was lost between Buffalo and N.Y. Had you attached it with your application and it went missing afterwards?

chinook65

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Colorado
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-29-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2011
LANDED..........
01-09-2011
Jeff said:
My wifes PPR came through today.
Congrats! Mailed my passport exactly one week ago and now the anticipation is getting to me!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to jeff and everyone who is done with the process. May the same blessing continues to to fall on each and every one of us as we wait patiently bcos is not easy.

markleton

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-25-2011
"Medical results have been received" as well :D

Sparkle, could you add us to the spreadsheet? It won't let me send you a private message.

Ganapatiom

Mar 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
Congrats, Sparkle on your in process. Great news after so long. When I saw your post I got hopeful and checked mine. Still says app received Feb 2, 2011. Here's to hoping I'm close behind you.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
markleton, you are already added in the spreadsheet. I have added your updates in the notes.

Ganapatiom, You will hear something soon I am sure :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi canuck, we are pretty close together in our timeline and I noticed that on sparkle's https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?authkey=CLSRv0c&pli=1&hl=en&key=tSwhpbL3i0FEVj1Fw4efAcg&hl=en&authkey=CLSRv0c#gid=0 you are listed as having an AOR on July 7, 2011. Is the email I'm quoting the AOR (in which case the date would be different), and if not, what was the AOR and how did you know that was it?
canuckofchicago said:
Hey everyone,

My wife (who has applied for PR) just received an email confirming receipt that CIC has received our application:

"UCI: XXXXXXX
Application No.: FXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Amelia Johanna Siemsen,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/06/06."

But just two weeks when I sent in a case inquiry they confirmed with me they have already received the information and gave me both a F and B number. But now they send this email along with an UCI number.

Is there any difference between the response I got back from CIC and this one?

Thanks

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got hopeful when I saw Sparkle's update, but we're still at application received :(
Hubby's visiting this week and is flying back home through Buffalo on Monday. Would be so great if he got his PPR this week so that he could pick us his visa on the way home...fingers crossed!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doctorkb said:
French is over-rated -- most decent-sized corporations, even in Quebec, will have English as their primary operating language. Don't worry... you'll do fine! :D
boomerang11, I think you will do fine and will make the adjustment, especially since you have the benefit of some French experience already. I assume you are moving to Québec? There are Francisation classes that you can take too, that will help in the process of learning more French.

However, I do have to say that I have not found many businesses to have English as their primary operating language. This used to be the case in the 60s and before, when most of the businesses were run by English-speakers. Since then, Québec passed a law to make French the primary language of Québec, businesses included: Bill 101. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_101

I am not a "business insider" or expert, so I am only basing that on my experience of living in Québec almost 2 years now (in both Montreal and elsewhere in the province). In Montréal, both English and French are commonly used in customer service in certain parts of town. As for the rest of Québec...French is the primary language. However, in cities with a lot of tourists or large/international businesses, English can be considered a valued asset, and sometimes is even required. But you need French too, which is where the Francisation classes are super helpful. And since you already have a basic foundation to build on, boomerang11, you will certainly pick up things more quickly than if you were starting from scratch. I wish you a smooth- and fun- transition!