none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
Tiggilicious said:
Im a little upset. I emailed Buffalo asking if we can send in my hubbys NY Birth certificate since we didnt send it in with the original application since we were told at first by the call centre that we didnt need to since we sent in a copy of his passport. but then heard we were supposed to send it in anyways when I asked a consultant out of curiosity.
Anyways, I emailed Buffalo and asked if we can send it in, and if theres possibly a file # already made for us since we sent in our app in Mississauga at the end of January, and they said that they are still very backlogged and continue to be backlogged and that its now approx on average for someone to get assigned a file #. That bummed me out :(
On average? What does that mean?? Someone from MARCH just got their ppr...

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
CONGRATS!!! I hope everyday this week someone in this thread gets a PPR letter!!!

mossee

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Delta, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-04-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Passport Req..
08-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
13-07-2011
Thanks everyone!, I hope that all us March applicants have a speedy process. I still can't believe that I'm nearing the end of this bump in the road!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mossee said:
Thanks everyone!, I hope that all us March applicants have a speedy process.
... And December/January applicants. And part of November. And a handful of October and September. :(

mossee

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Delta, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-04-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Passport Req..
08-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
13-07-2011
Oh jeeze didn't even realize this was just the buffalo thread, thought this was the march one, yes forgive me, I hope everyone has a speedy process.

Goodluck all.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mossee said:
Oh jeeze didn't even realize this was just the buffalo thread, thought this was the march one, yes forgive me, I hope everyone has a speedy process.

Goodluck all.
I'm sorry. That sounded more bitter than I realized! :-[ I AM truly happy for you. It must be a relief to be almost done with this ridiculously crazy process. Congrats! :)

(And really... ANY movement from Buffalo is a good thing, right? Haha!)

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
So my husband packed up his stuff, put most of it in storage and left Indiana early yesterday morning. He crossed the border into Saskatchewan about 30 minutes ago and said it went VERY smoothly.

The border guard said that he could have brought all of his belongings if he had wanted to (I'm still glad we left most of his stuff in storage because you never know who you're going to get when you cross the border). They put the little thing in his passport that says he can stay for six months, and she advised him that he does not have to come back to the border to extend it, but that he can just apply online to extend it (I thought that was only for TRVs)?

Can anyone verify that his visitor status can be extended online even though he's from a visa-exempt country and doesn't really have a visitor visa per se?

She also explained to him that he couldn't work while he's here etc (which we knew), and she said he seemed to have a good grasp on the process at this point (thanks to everyone on this forum really). They didn't bother looking through his car, his belongings or anything like that.

We are both HUGELY relieved and very glad it went quickly (less than 30 minutes).

Oh and... 9(ish) more hours!! WOO HOOO!!!

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
jayde said:
Can anyone verify that his visitor status can be extended online even though he's from a visa-exempt country and doesn't really have a visitor visa per se?
Yep, being able to extend your visitor status has nothing to do with whether or not you initially needed a TRV to enter. You can apply online OR by mail (paper). Most say it's actually better to apply by mail, because: 1) you retain physical proof of having sent it in, eg. courier or mail receipt with tracking number, and 2) it takes them a LOT longer to get through mail-in applications, which means you get to be on implied status much longer while waiting. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp.

There are probably thousands of posts on this board now about how to extend status while waiting for PR, but the gist of it is that the best thing to do would be to state the reason for extending as wanting to wait out the PR process with your spouse/sponsor, and then include proof of being sponsored (marriage certificate, copy of PR fees receipt, immigration file number and visa office name, etc), along with proof of being able to afford to stay that long without work (copies of bank statements from one or both of you, signed statement from you saying he won't have to work because you'll support him if needed [if that applies], etc). Plus a copy of the stamp in his passport to prove when he entered and all that fun stuff.

I'm sure others on here can help you better than that, if you guys do end up having to extend his status. But yes, definitely, he doesn't need an actual TRV to do so.

pdb1

Star Member
May 15, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-July-2011
File Transfer...
07-June-2011
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-Oct-2011
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2011
jayde said:
So my husband packed up his stuff, put most of it in storage and left Indiana early yesterday morning. He crossed the border into Saskatchewan about 30 minutes ago and said it went VERY smoothly.
Jayde,

Reading your post it sounded like your husband has decided to move to canada before getting the PR. I am in a similar situation, my wife and child are already in canada and I am waiting for my PR to come before moving. IF I decide to move before getting the PR, how do you inform the Buffalo office. Did you give them a new correspondence address in Canada (is that OK?). Any help with this would be great

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Rinnerz said:
Yep, being able to extend your visitor status has nothing to do with whether or not you initially needed a TRV to enter. You can apply online OR by mail (paper). Most say it's actually better to apply by mail, because: 1) you retain physical proof of having sent it in, eg. courier or mail receipt with tracking number, and 2) it takes them a LOT longer to get through mail-in applications, which means you get to be on implied status much longer while waiting. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp.

There are probably thousands of posts on this board now about how to extend status while waiting for PR, but the gist of it is that the best thing to do would be to state the reason for extending as wanting to wait out the PR process with your spouse/sponsor, and then include proof of being sponsored (marriage certificate, copy of PR fees receipt, immigration file number and visa office name, etc), along with proof of being able to afford to stay that long without work (copies of bank statements from one or both of you, signed statement from you saying he won't have to work because you'll support him if needed [if that applies], etc). Plus a copy of the stamp in his passport to prove when he entered and all that fun stuff.

I'm sure others on here can help you better than that, if you guys do end up having to extend his status. But yes, definitely, he doesn't need an actual TRV to do so.
Thanks so much! I am hoping it won't be necessary and we'll be able to go get his belongings and land in the next couple of months but I want to plan ahead just in case. I know.. wishful thinking but it's my hope.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
pdb1 said:
Jayde,

Reading your post it sounded like your husband has decided to move to canada before getting the PR. I am in a similar situation, my wife and child are already in canada and I am waiting for my PR to come before moving. IF I decide to move before getting the PR, how do you inform the Buffalo office. Did you give them a new correspondence address in Canada (is that OK?). Any help with this would be great
I have sent a case specific inquiry in to Buffalo to ask them how to do this since we do not have a File number. Actually, I have sent a couple in since I had no response. The last email I sent, they replied saying I needed to give more info about the applicant (my husband) so that they could help me. I sent the info they asked for and am now waiting for another response.

I phoned CIC on Friday and they advised to e-mail the change in to Buffalo, quoting my client ID#... but I think I'm going to wait to see if I get a reply from Buffalo on Monday first.

I was told that his residential address had to be a US one (so we are using his daughter's address as his residence) but his mailing address can be our address here in Canada. We also have to change his e-mail address as he cancelled his internet (along with his e-mail) before he left.

IF you have a Buffalo file number, then I believe it is simply sending in an e-mail with the up-to-date information. My problem is that we haven't received our File number yet, and just have our CIC client ID.

Sorry I can't help you more :\

Love-Buf-Wings

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2011
LANDED..........
July, 2011
mossee said:
Thanks everyone!, I hope that all us March applicants have a speedy process. I still can't believe that I'm nearing the end of this bump in the road!
Congrats Mossee!!! So happy for you!

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
So glad to hear it went so smooth for him Jayde! Given me a bit more confidence for my drive up in August...

I haven't heard from Buffalo yet either in regards to my address change. A few e-mails in a few weeks. If they can't get it done soon, any mail they send will just be sitting in the Caribbean and I'll never see it......

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
mmshock said:
So glad to hear it went so smooth for him Jayde! Given me a bit more confidence for my drive up in August...

I haven't heard from Buffalo yet either in regards to my address change. A few e-mails in a few weeks. If they can't get it done soon, any mail they send will just be sitting in the Caribbean and I'll never see it......
Can you give a forwarding address at your post office so it goes to someone you trust? That's what my husband did. My big concern really is any email correspondence will be lost in cyberspace.

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
I wish! Post service on my island is just painstaking.... My mail is actually sent to an address in Miami and then flown over. What I'm probably going to have to do is authorise a friend to accept my mail and if something comes have her courier it back to my parents. If thats what we have to do - well, it is what it is. It will just be especially time consuming and expensive.