Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
congratulations dominico that was quick, maybe each visa officer handles things differently.

I remember many years ago when I came to Canada and did my application inland in Calgary one immigration officer was quite nice and pleasant and was working my file I was asked to bring in additional information and met another gentleman who was quite arrogant and rude and wanted to automatically deny me and while I was at the counter the gentleman who I had been working with for a couple weeks came by saw me and came over and ask if I had brought in the info, he immediately call me into the office and gave me a work permit I later on received my PR, so I believe it depends on the personality of the person that's handling the file

sawdust

Jul 18, 2007
It seems this thread has come to a sudden end last may , i am going through the immigration process right now and found a little peace in reading stories similar to mine . I would like to resurrect this post , hear some recent stories and find out how others made out in there immigration journey.
my wife and i have been married 12 years , she is a Canadian citizen and i am a us citizen . we lived in the states just over the border for 10 years . she went through the residency process and then got her us citizenship . her parents are in there late 80s and she wanted to move home so that we could help them out . at the time i was working out of the country and agreed this was the right thing to do and said i would catch up with her when i got back ,that was 2009 . my papers are in she has been approved as my sponsor last i heard my papers are in buffalo with a completion date march 2012 ...
i am a carpenter of 34 years , we spend week ends and my down times together, I will be sooooo happy when this process is complete and my wife and i can start enjoying a normal life together.....

M

mmmadni

I had my interview on May 11, 2011 last wednesday at Buffalo NY. visa officer was satisfied with the application and she said as I had not paid RPR fees, she cant issue visa that time. As my wife(my sponsor) is 9 months pregnant she asked me if I was in hurry, I could get temporary visa and go to Canada right away. She said that once they receive the RPR fees, she would ask me to mail my passport to stamp the visa or I could do this at canadian embassy, Buffalo in person too.

But heres the situation, if I go to Canada on temporary visit visa, I can not re-enter into USA to complete the immigration process as I just finished my studies.

If I stay in canada on temporary visit visa, and if they ask for my passport to stamp the immigration visa, and if I get it stamped by mail, do I have to exit and re-enter canada to start living on PR?

please advise me as I am very confused and tensed due to waiting and waiting and waiting.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
mmmadni said:
If I stay in canada on temporary visit visa, and if they ask for my passport to stamp the immigration visa, and if I get it stamped by mail, do I have to exit and re-enter canada to start living on PR?
Nope, you don't have to. If you are in Canada with a valid temporary status, you can actually call the CIC Call Centre and book an appointment to land at your local CIC office -- instead of having to hop across the border and back. How long you'd have to wait for your appointment depends on where you are, i.e. how busy your local CIC office is.

karla718

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011
Passport Req..
06-09-2011
Sorry for posting across several threads everyone, but I am trying to fight off a full blown meltdown....

For folks who have gotten transferred from Buffalo to other offices: how long did it take for your file to officially arrive to the new office from Buffalo? Buffalo sent me the transfer email exactly a month ago today, but as of yesterday afternoon Detroit still does not have my application. At least according to their files. From reading previous posts around the board, things usually progress quickly after a transfer, and I'm starting to fear that my application is lost in the wind.

Thanks all.

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
dominico said:
my ecas was updated that buffalo recieved my file and medical results had been recieved, today i got a letter in the mail...REQUESTING MY PASSPORT!!!!!! which is amazing considering the process took 4 months!
I never received an actual aor letter, but only this ppr!

hope everybody elses process gets going as well!!
CONGRATS!!!

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
So if we live close to Buffalo and they request our passport we can just drive it up there and have it done same day instead of mailing it?

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
kourts said:
So if we live close to Buffalo and they request our passport we can just drive it up there and have it done same day instead of mailing it?
Yep, as long as it's on a Tuesday or Thursday. You go early in the morning, wait a couple hours (sometimes less), and pick it back up yourself.

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
dominico said:
1 !
my ecas was updated that buffalo recieved my file and medical results had been recieved, today i got a letter in the mail...REQUESTING MY PASSPORT!!!!!! which is amazing considering the process took 4 months!

Congratulations Domenico! Your story gives all the rest of us hope that it might not be that long and that even if we don't see every step, the much coveted PPR may come in the mail anyday!

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
hello guys,

I have been traveling for sometime so havnt been regular on the site, as you all can see from my timeline, I am waiting for my AOR. I believe a few of us from feb have got it right? can anyone pls let me know how many have got the AOR from Feb?

Doiron

Apr 20, 2011
California to Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
27-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
buffalo-toronto said:
hello guys,

I have been traveling for sometime so havnt been regular on the site, as you all can see from my timeline, I am waiting for my AOR. I believe a few of us from feb have got it right? can anyone pls let me know how many have got the AOR from Feb?
Hi buffalo-toronto,
My attorney got my AOR yesterday and I am from Feb group. I believe if you look at Sparkles spreadsheet you'll be able to see how everyone is progressing. :)

Congrats dominico!! that was super fast!!
dominico said:

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
This information was posted by 4maple-1eagle in another thread. I thought it was helpful and should calm some of the panic we have all been feeling about summer travel plans.

JM

FROM 4MAPLE-1EAGLE:
I have read through alot of "dual intent" posts at this forum. I was surprised to see so many people adamently advising "don't bring possessions or say anything about your in-process PR app or intention to apply for PR, at the border, if you are coming across as a visitor" or "come across separately from the family" as a visitor. Why is everyone so afraid of "dual intent"?

As I read the "dual intent" stuff in Operational Bulletin 131 (from July 6, 2009), http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp ,
the Canadian immigration law seems to be pretty straight-forward on the topic. It is perfectly legitimate for me, for example, (a US Citizen) to have an outland PR application in process (sponsored by the Canadian wife), and for me to come to the border with my whole family (Canadian wife and our 4 canadian citizen kids) and for me to come across as a visitor, while my PR is in process? My wife should even be able to bring all "her" possessions, which she's entitled to.

As I read the law, I should be able to tell the IO that my outland PR app is in process, and I"m coming across as a visitor in the interim. If I have ties back to the US (like owning a property there, having a registered business there, clients there, all family there --- which I do --- ), and can show money to support myself while in Canada, that should be enough, right? We are both self-employed and will not be beholden to some employment in Canada per se that would require some separation if the PR app went sideways.

The only subjective part of the process I can see is that the IO has to be convinced that I'll leave Canada if required to do so (i.e. if my visitor status lapses and is refused renewal before the PR app is accepted, or if its denied, for some crazy reason). I would in fact leave, if required. If I have all kinds of ties to the US, a completely legal no-criminal background, and the obvious need and desire to legally go to and from the US, isn't that enough to convince any IO that I have no reason to try and stay in Canada illegally if for some reason my PR app was delayed 1+ year or refused?

dhd

Oct 12, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA / Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
Every time we have crossed the border, the immigration officer has asked about my wife's PR application, or the existence thereof. Dual intent is legal and you have nothing to fear, except, as mentioned above, that they might not be convinced that you are only in Canada temporarily.

Owning a house or having a job in the US, and being able to document this, helps a lot. So bring a mortgage statement, utility bill, pay statement, or all of the above.