Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
Anyone know if we can mail my spouses birth certificate to buffalo (he is the USC), we forgot to include it in the original app. Im hoping we dont have to wait for them to ask for it and causing delays. We aren't in process yet.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tiggilicious said:
Anyone know if we can mail my spouses birth certificate to buffalo (he is the USC), we forgot to include it in the original app. Im hoping we dont have to wait for them to ask for it and causing delays. We aren't in process yet.
Wait until you get your file number and then send them a copy.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rinnerz said:
I've both emailed and applied for CAIPS notes already. My post wasn't about my own concern about my own case; it was about getting people's hopes up too high by referring to merely the best case scenarios (and there've luckily been many of those lately).

Just before I applied, Buffalo was working with almost lightning speed on most cases. Some were getting through before they even hit the 100 day mark. My point was really... that I've found it's a lot better on your sanity if you not compare your timeline to others', and/or try not to use theirs as estimates. It only leads to more frustration.
This is good advice.

I know this in my head....I only wish I could apply it better to my own perspective of my timeline. (And I guess I should go ahead and ask for CAIPS notes.)

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
received on IA Apr 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet, and I appreciate your words of encouragement @ quackingaspen, and your work in setting up this spreadhseet. It looks great.

btw - my application was received on 12/1/10.

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Hi gang,

Got my Visa back today along with the documents to take for landing.
We are planning on driving down to the border to land on Friday.
Do we need to carry additional pictures with us for this purpose?
I odn't see anything in the packet indicating what we need to take with us other then COPR and our passports.

I know that I also need to have my B4 information etc, ... but do we need photos as well?
I was expecting more clearcut information in the package that came back with the visa.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avon, Welcome to the forum !

adetia9, Congrats on getting your passport back !! I have no landing experience so can't help you much with that...but hopefully someone here will reply soon :)

Good luck with everyone for this week...three more days left! We may hear some AOR's and PPR's :):):)
Not everyone's case gets processed the same way....But I would still like to know about the best cases to keep up the positive attitude. I wouldn't forget that there are some worst case scenarios too, I would be prepared for the worst, but always hope for the best !

Looking forward :)

jessibee

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-09-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
Our application has been "in process" in Buffalo for 7 months. The last we heard from them was a request for an RCMP record check in September. My husband drove from Kentucky to Windsor to get the prints taken (on his birthday!) to avoid the 120 day wait. I e-mailed them shortly after and they confirmed that they have received the prints.

We ordered CAIPS notes last month. From them we discerned that his medical results were cleared as well as his RCMP record check. They also spelled his e-mail address incorrectly so we had to deal with that just in case. They also noted that I had low income but I was approved for sponsorship anyhow since I am not on social assistance. His "Bring Forward Date" was the 3rd of February. We haven't gotten anything yet.

My questions is: Should we contact Buffalo to ask them where they are in our application process? If we do that, will it help or actually set us back? I'm so afraid to get on CIC's bad side but it seems as though we have been waiting a long time and I'm worried that they are missing something. If they were missing something would it show up in the CAIPS notes?

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jessibee,

Wow, it has been a long time for you! I really really hope and pray you get the PPR asap !

I don't think there is any harm in contacting Buffalo. Sometimes the file is just overturned and if you ask them about it via email, they might actually give it a look with what's going on. One of the people here contacted them after they had waited for a long time, and it turned out the file was just sitting there, PPR approved but the IA didn't bother to send them the final letter !! So when they contacted them, CIC realized the file had already been processed and sent them the PPR immediately !

So I would say you can contact them via email and just ask the status of your file.

jessibee

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-09-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
Thank you very much for your response, Sparkle.

It does seem as though we have been waiting a long time - especially for the amount of progress they have made on our file (from what we can tell in our CAIPS notes). Perhaps just a gentle reminder via e-mail would help.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
My passport has been delivered to Fort Erie today at 7:43 am. Now the countdown begins. AND tomorrow is my 21st birthday!! Wahoooo!

;D

Congrats Adetia! We're closing in on our adventures, only to begin a new chapter!! God I'm so relieved this is almost over. 11 months was wayy too long.

PS Good luck to the rest. jessibee, I don't think it will hurt, worst that will happen (that I would think) is they'll send you a general email stating they can't give you any info...Worth a shot! Good luck, you're should be next!!

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
We're heading to the border tomorrow... anyone with recent landing experience able to provide the insight we're looking for a couple posts back? :)

FleetingDasein

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
30-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
Oh my. I've missed a lot! :( I'm back to rant that I still haven't heard from Buffalo. Seems like I'm not the only one... Still no PPRs for the December group?

Congrats to all those who are landing soon. So jealous! Hope everything goes well!

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
hehe I was soo excited to see you post. I was hoping your PPR had come! :)

Nope. Still no PPR's for the December group. We still have a few who haven't had their AOR's... And they're about 2 weeks late by the average timelines lately. ::)

I don't know what Buffalo's doing right now.

Desk Hockey? :-X

dominico

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
question.
my wife did her fbi fingerprints.
but i see others got rcmp prints as well?
i thought we only needed her fbi prints?

FleetingDasein

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
30-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
quakingaspen said:
hehe I was soo excited to see you post. I was hoping your PPR had come! :)

Nope. Still no PPR's for the December group. We still have a few who haven't had their AOR's... And they're about 2 weeks late by the average timelines lately. ::)

I don't know what Buffalo's doing right now.

Desk Hockey? :-X
I wish. I'm stressing out cause I just got into grad school, and I told them I wouldn't be requiring a student visa (It's the truth! And I really don't want to pay international fees since I know I will have my PR by September)... and they are asking me to show documentation . They already know I'm in the final stages of the process, but I'm worried they might change their mind, and be like: We don't want you anymore, Fleeting! I'm hoping they'll accept the initial assessment as proof... We'll see. This and the grad school thing is driving me crazy.

As for Buffalo, they must be playing something! They seem to have slowed down considerably... We haven't had a PPR in ages! What is going on? :'( I demand answers :D