+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

M

mmmadni

Hi guys,
I had received a letter on January 18,2011 that I need to appear for an interview and since then there is no communication from Canadian embassy at Buffalo. I am student in USA and my wife (Canadian PR) has sponsored me and she is about 6 months pregnant. Should I send an email to Buffalo office stating that my wife is pregnant and I want to be with her during these critical days.
Please give me an exert advice whether or not I should do this.

talyn

Feb 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband's American and I'm his Canadian sponsor. We just got our PPR this week!! :)

It states that he can send his passport from the US or Canada or go directly to Buffalo. I live in Vancouver, BC. He has been visiting me here for the past number of months.

Can he send in his passport from Canada (as a visitor) to Buffalo - since he's an outland applicant? Or does he need to send his passport from the US?

I just wanted to say that you've been a wealth of information for my husband and I - as we've been going through this process of getting his PR - so thank you very much.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
talyn said:
My husband's American and I'm his Canadian sponsor. We just got our PPR this week!! :)

It states that he can send his passport from the US or Canada or go directly to Buffalo. I live in Vancouver, BC. He has been visiting me here for the past number of months.

Can he send in his passport from Canada (as a visitor) to Buffalo - since he's an outland applicant? Or does he need to send his passport from the US?

I just wanted to say that you've been a wealth of information for my husband and I - as we've been going through this process of getting his PR - so thank you very much.
Congrats on receiving your PPR! And yes, he can send it from Canada, plenty of people do this. Just make sure to follow their instructions carefully. (I believe they now let you mail it to an address in Fort Erie?).

Glad to know these forums have helped you guys out. Would you mind letting us know what your timeline was? I'm sure some will be curious.

talyn

Feb 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rinnerz said:
Congrats on receiving your PPR! And yes, he can send it from Canada, plenty of people do this. Just make sure to follow their instructions carefully. (I believe they now let you mail it to an address in Fort Erie?).

Glad to know these forums have helped you guys out. Would you mind letting us know what your timeline was? I'm sure some will be curious.
Thank you so much for your reply. I guess my concern is that his visitor visa expired and we've just been waiting it out until he got his PR. If he goes to the US and gets it in Buffalo - then there will definitely be no concerns brought up.

However, would they want to know if he has a valid visitor's visa while being in Canada, when he sends in his passports? Could they deny his PR at this point for that? I just don't know how large of a concern it is - or if I'm being overly cautious?

I will later write out my details for our process, but for a general guideline, we submitted our forms in October, got AOR in December, and got our PPR last week.

Thanks again for your help; I'm truly appreciative.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
talyn said:
Thank you so much for your reply. I guess my concern is that his visitor visa expired and we've just been waiting it out until he got his PR. If he goes to the US and gets it in Buffalo - then there will definitely be no concerns brought up.

However, would they want to know if he has a valid visitor's visa while being in Canada, when he sends in his passports? Could they deny his PR at this point for that? I just don't know how large of a concern it is - or if I'm being overly cautious?
As far as I've read, his current status won't matter when it comes to mailing his passport for visa issuance. I don't know if anyone on this forum has been in the same situation before, but I personally know of someone from elsewhere who was out of status, applied outland (Buffalo), got approved, and had no issues receiving his passport back with his PR visa attached and then landing. There are a number of other similar cases floating around the internet as well. Your husband's already been approved as is, all that's left is to stamp the visa in his passport (essentially).

However, if he's out of status, then his options may be more limited when it comes time for him to land. From what has been posted many times on here, you can land at a local CIC office (instead of going to the border and back) IF you have valid temporary status. Since he doesn't, I assume he will still need to "leave" Canada and come back to actually land later. I've also read (I believe it was an old post by RobsLuv) that once he's crossed the border and turned around to land, his previous temporary status will have no bearing on his admissibility as a permanent resident.

I will later write out my details for our process, but for a general guideline, we submitted our forms in October, got AOR in December, and got our PPR on Feb. 25th.
That timeline looks awfully familiar 8). Thanks for sharing!

Thanks again for your help; I'm truly appreciative.
No problem. I assume no one else has chimed in yet because I'm one of only a crazy few who'd be up at this hour :). Others may have more to say later, but either way--good luck!

j2m

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 14 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 10 2010
AOR Received.
NOV 18 2009
File Transfer...
NOV 11 2009
Med's Request
NOV 20 2009
Med's Done....
OCT 30 2009
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
FEB 16 2011
VISA ISSUED...
FEB 17, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 17, 2011
Rinnerz said:
However, if he's out of status, then his options may be more limited when it comes time for him to land. From what has been posted many times on here, you can land at a local CIC office (instead of going to the border and back) IF you have valid temporary status. Since he doesn't, I assume he will still need to "leave" Canada and come back to actually land later. I've also read (I believe it was an old post by RobsLuv) that once he's crossed the border and turned around to land, his previous temporary status will have no bearing on his admissibility as a permanent resident.
That timeline looks awfully familiar 8). Thanks for sharing!
No problem. I assume no one else has chimed in yet because I'm one of only a crazy few who'd be up at this hour :). Others may have more to say later, but either way--good luck!
I was NOT in the exact same position but similar. Here's my story in short.
I landed on FEB 17, 2011. My visitor status expired on Nov. 28th 2010. Before my visitor visa expired, I applied for an extension, but as of Feb 17 I did not get my extension back. So I was in Canada on "Implied Status". I traveled to Buffalo to hand deliver my passport, when I arrived Buffalo did not ask me any questions. I turned in my passport and my e-mail and 1 picture (even though I brought 4...) They called me 1 1/2 hours later and gave me my paper work. Then I drove to Lewiston and did my landing. As soon as I told the IO I was landing, they did not ask me any questions. They took my Visa and processed my paper work and said "Welcome to Canada". It seemed to be a formality, and no pressure, no questions at all. I was worried that they would ask questions about my prior status and it may have been an issue.

talyn

Feb 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for sharing your stories. We're just sorting out the details as to what we will do. Many thanks.

KenShali

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011 Resubmit App.: 02-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010 & 15-3-2012
Interview........
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
The AOR date of my application was FEB.16, 2011.
However, my application was returned, with a letter saying that proof of lawful admittance into the USA for at least one year is needed. And that his work permit is not proof of lawful admittance.

Documents needed:

- current or expired entry/exit in your national passport
- current or expired status documents indicating the date you were admittedand the validity

The thing is my husband already included copies of his passport with all entry/exit stamps and also the current and expired visas.
My husband is an international student on a student visa from JAN. 01, 2009 to AUG.27, 2010, then upon graduation he got his work permit for one year ( NOV. 2010 - NOV.2011)
The expiry date of his visa in the passport is in 2015. Doesn't this mean he was lawfully admitted in the USA for one year?
I don't really know what they're asking?
What other proof needs to be included?
Anyone know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
Hello all,

We have applied for Outland Spousal PR New Delhi office. It has been 5 months since our file is forwarded to New Delhi. We made an MP enquiry last week, and we gotta know that it is awaiting for the final decision from the visa officer. They cannot estimate how much more time it l take, and it is upto the discretion of the visa officer. Can anyone pls tell me how long it l take for the officer generally? It has been more than a week since we got that MP reply, and nothing has happened so far. We are really worried.. Thanks in advance for the replies

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
sanyrog said:
Hello all,

We have applied for Outland Spousal PR New Delhi office. It has been 5 months since our file is forwarded to New Delhi. We made an MP enquiry last week, and we gotta know that it is awaiting for the final decision from the visa officer. They cannot estimate how much more time it l take, and it is upto the discretion of the visa officer. Can anyone pls tell me how long it l take for the officer generally? It has been more than a week since we got that MP reply, and nothing has happened so far. We are really worried.. Thanks in advance for the replies
There's no real way to say, especially since it relies on how far along the queue your file is and how busy New Delhi's office is. This is the thread for Buffalo; you've posted your question at least twice elsewhere. You're more likely to get helpful replies from others processing in New Delhi, if anything.

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
thanks a lot for the help.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KenShali said:
However, my application was returned, with a letter saying that proof of lawful admittance into the USA for at least one year is needed. And that his work permit is not proof of lawful admittance.

Documents needed:

- current or expired status documents indicating the date you were admittedand the validity

The thing is my husband already included copies of his passport with all entry/exit stamps and also the current and expired visas.
My husband is an international student on a student visa from JAN. 01, 2009 to AUG.27, 2010, then upon graduation he got his work permit for one year ( NOV. 2010 - NOV.2011)
The expiry date of his visa in the passport is in 2015. Doesn't this mean he was lawfully admitted in the USA for one year?
I don't really know what they're asking?
What other proof needs to be included?
Anyone know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey!

This is scary...do they want the status of your permit to be of atleast 1 year from the date of application?
My husband holds H1-B visa, and our file was transfered to Buffalo in Jan 25. However, his H1 is expiring on March 25, 2011. He is filing for the renewal, but not too sure when do we get that. I guess we will have to send the copy of renewed permit to them then I guess???

I hope someone can assist us with this...

angel_india

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo,NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
01 June, 2011
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
KenShali said:

Documents needed:

- current or expired status documents indicating the date you were admitted

To KenShali
I was in the similar situation... I got the same letter as you .. I dont know why your application wasn't accepted even though you included copy of visa..Did you include copy of your I 94 card??
I got my file back.. I included copy of my visa and my extension and I 94 card ...and I wrote a letter stating the three documents I included that meets my eligibility...make sure you send the copy of first page of your passport and copy of visa page..... Buffalo started processing my application 20 days after I resent my file...I think you should send another copy of ur visa and write a letter regarding meeting their eligibility...

wpg_30

Aug 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2010
AOR Received.
21-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
26-03-2010
Interview........
Waived (05-01-2011)
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
Just got the passport request today via email!!! :) e-cas status still showing "In Process".

I'm planning to drive to Buffalo (approx 8 hours away) to get the visa.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
wpg_30 said:
Just got the passport request today via email!!! :) e-cas status still showing "In Process".

I'm planning to drive to Buffalo (approx 8 hours away) to get the visa.
Congrats!