+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

S

SaugaBoss

nelly72 said:
I couldn't take it any longer so I requested a Case-Specific Inquiry yesterday and I received a response first thing this morning:

"We have received the results of the medical exams.

All fees for family class applications must be made to CPC Mississauga. Once CPC Mississauga receives the fee they will notify Buffalo.

An information letter was mailed October 21, 2010. Please provide the address we should be using. Please allow sufficient time for delivery of the letter."

Would this be the AOR letter I have been waiting for? Would they call it an "Information Letter" ? Is this good news? Well, I guess any correspondence is good news! I beat around the bush and didn't directly ask for a status update on my case. I don't think it delays anything.

Nell
It seems like they r asking for the RPRF thats last step once you pay it and they confirm ur done...

This is freakin ridiculous though so many people are receiving updates and i get nothing but inprocess or background checks... and then tomm. we'll have a PPR for someone who applied in sept :-\ :-\ :-\ doesnt make freakin sense F@*#

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
SaugaBoss said:
This is freakin ridiculous though so many people are receiving updates and i get nothing but inprocess or background checks... and then tomm. we'll have a PPR for someone who applied in sept :-\ :-\ :-\ doesnt make freakin sense F @ *#
Sorry Sauga... I am tired of waiting too, and wish that there was some sort of continuity to the process. :(

Oct 16, 2010
nelly72 said:
Already thinking about when Buffalo asks me to send them my passport! I took a look on their website and this is what it says:

**UNLESS YOU SUPPLY A PREPAID EXPRESS MAIL (UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE) OR XPRESSPOST (CANADA POST) ENVELOPE, YOUR PASSPORT(S) WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU VIA REGULAR MAIL. WE DO NOT ACCEPT FedEx, UPS, PUROLATOR OR ANY OTHER COURIER COMPANY ENVELOPES - EVEN IF THEY ARE PREPAID BY CREDIT CARD OR ACCOUNT NUMBER.

We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service or Canada Post premium mail service. This allows you to track the delivery and return of your passports and applications.

We will return passports to addresses in the USA or Canada only. If your current mailing address is not in the USA or Canada, please provide us with the complete name, address and telephone number of a relative, unpaid representative or an authorized representative in Canada or the USA to whom we can send your passport.

I live in Bermuda. I want to send them my passport by Federal Express and have it returned to me by courier. But they say that they only return them to addresses in the USA or Canada only! How does this work for outlanders who don't have addresses there? Can anyone tell me how they did it?
Thanks for the info on this.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
As I recall reading, having your file transferred, is not a bad thing. One of the many reasons that they transfer is to expedite services, and to relieve Buffalo of all the *cough cough* hard work they do and the heavy workload. So plainly, it may be to speed up your process, and it also might take just as long as it would have at Buffalo. I haven't heard of it being a bad thing. Everybody that I have seen transfer thus far has been good news :)

Good luck.

PS Sauga, I agree. I am hoping it will be one of us, left behinders. I'm getting irritated, and I want to be working, ALL this free time on my hands up here in BC is starting to make me a little cabin feverish. Although, I am happy to be with my hubby, I am concerned that I won't be able to see my family over the holidays back in the states in fear of not being admitted back into Canada until my visa is here :( Are you in Canada yet?

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Nelly, would there be a way that you could set up with a postal office to retrieve your mail and forward it to your current residence?

S

SaugaBoss

kerianne said:
PS Sauga, I agree. I am hoping it will be one of us, left behinders. I'm getting irritated, and I want to be working, ALL this free time on my hands up here in BC is starting to make me a little cabin feverish. Although, I am happy to be with my hubby, I am concerned that I won't be able to see my family over the holidays back in the states in fear of not being admitted back into Canada until my visa is here :( Are you in Canada yet?
I am in Canada before i applied i stayed here a total of 6 months went back to US to work and apply for my PR and now im back in Canada its been one month now! and it is so annoying not being able to work. I honestly dont get y buffalo takes so long. From what I hear if ur application isnt held up bc of background checks u can have ur MP email/call them for an update and it actually helps. I faxed CSIS on a follow up on my background check and I also am thinking of ordering CAIPS notes.

and for the transfers its usually a good thing a lot of the transferred ppl got PPR in 1 month or so.

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
AngelB said:
I've also been transferred to Detroit today. It scared the daylights out of me. Let's keep in touch, ILoveSnow.
Detroit transfer is GOOD! LoL I got PPR two weeks after my transfer. This is not uncommon.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
SaugaBoss said:
I am in Canada before i applied i stayed here a total of 6 months went back to US to work and apply for my PR and now im back in Canada its been one month now! and it is so annoying not being able to work. I honestly dont get y buffalo takes so long. From what I hear if ur application isnt held up bc of background checks u can have ur MP email/call them for an update and it actually helps. I faxed CSIS on a follow up on my background check and I also am thinking of ordering CAIPS notes.

and for the transfers its usually a good thing a lot of the transferred ppl got PPR in 1 month or so.
Yeah I've been in BC for a month and a half now, and I just want my paperwork to go through before December so that I can apply for school winter term (by January). I'm contemplating on contacting my MP to see wth is going on with my application. I have a clean record, straight forward app. It's just the conjugal category, and that scares me that they're questioning how genuine it is.. I mean This May my boyfriend and I will have been together 3 years! Obviously we're genuine! We just don't want to get married (at least not until I am finished with school) Which will be a few years. GAH!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
...and that was never mentioned in my app, just said we don't wish to get married and our relationship is as genuine and common-law as we can legally get without having lived together for the one year requirement. I explained that VERY closely that we would have applied common law, but couldn't live together that long legally. WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT!!! :mad: :mad:

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
kerianne said:
...and that was never mentioned in my app, just said we don't wish to get married and our relationship is as genuine and common-law as we can legally get without having lived together for the one year requirement. I explained that VERY closely that we would have applied common law, but couldn't live together that long legally. WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT!!! :mad: :mad:
Be patient you just started your process.. trust me you need to be patient not to get discouraged.. it's really hard like for me and my wife when it's been 5 months done and no news .... and seriously i doubt an MP could help make the process faster unless it's like Saugaboss and they had lost the fbi papers

adi79

Oct 26, 2010
Hello,

I hope this is the right thread to ask this question and get a proper reply :)

I am a PR and am sponsoring my wife who's currently in Canada as an international student. She has finished her studies and currently on a work permit. I chose to send an outland application to Buffalo as I was told it's much faster than the inland which takes around 2 years. Application was sent to CPC-M on 20th Sept. Got the application back on 20th October asking for additional documentation. the latter basically asked for 2 things...1) Photos as per the guide. My wife has signed all the 5 photographs whereas she should have only signed one. 2) Letter also asked to complete IMM 1017, to be completed by DMP. It asked to send copy 2 of this form.

Here's my dilemma:
a. They normally ask for medical later when the visa office sends out a letter after initial approvals. Not sure why they asked for it now.
b. Research showed a lot of different 1017 forms such as EDE, EFC, SLC...not sure which one to send. Or is it Section C.
c. If it's section C does that mean they are transferring my file to inland as opposed to outland??

Someone please advise as they asked the medicals and the photos to accompany the original package and resubmitted within 90 days.

Thanks a lot!
Adi

feefee87

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2010
File Transfer...
13/07/2010
Med's Done....
13/05/2010
Can you guys tell me what is a MP? and how to go about contacting them? thanks!!!

S

SaugaBoss

kerianne said:
Yeah I've been in BC for a month and a half now, and I just want my paperwork to go through before December so that I can apply for school winter term (by January). I'm contemplating on contacting my MP to see wth is going on with my application. I have a clean record, straight forward app. It's just the conjugal category, and that scares me that they're questioning how genuine it is.. I mean This May my boyfriend and I will have been together 3 years! Obviously we're genuine! We just don't want to get married (at least not until I am finished with school) Which will be a few years. GAH!
how do u know urs is in background check?

and a MP is like a governor or mayor of ur city i just googled and searched my husbands

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
An MP is a Member of Parliament...

BC could be British Columbia eh??

Cheers
H.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
adi79 said:
Here's my dilemma:
a. They normally ask for medical later when the visa office sends out a letter after initial approvals. Not sure why they asked for it now.
b. Research showed a lot of different 1017 forms such as EDE, EFC, SLC...not sure which one to send. Or is it Section C.
c. If it's section C does that mean they are transferring my file to inland as opposed to outland??
Adi - You should have submitted the medicals along with the original application. You're thinking about the family class application (i.e. parents). For parents, the medicals aren't required until after the initial approvals have been completed. For a spousal outland application, medicals are a mandatory part of the original package. Have you reviewed the region specific (i.e. USA) form on the outland sponshorship form page? The region specific form includes medical and photo requirements for your application.

Hope this helps!