+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Re: My experience geting my Visa in Buffalo. Warning, long post ahead with sarcasm.

wmaitner said:
Warning: This is probably going to be a long post. Some of my post got messed with by spell checking, so if parts if it doesn't make sense. there's my excuse. I'll go back through and double check things as I find time.

Well, that was my adventure. Guess the things to remember are:

1. Don't get there too early, there is nothing to do in Buffalo at night on a week day.
2. Wait at the bottom of the escalator (Tim Horton side) for the security guy to come get you.
3. Remember your visitor number, it's on the temp pass sticker, that's what they call you up by.
4. You can keep your cellphone, just turn it off on the 30th floor.
5. Expect a wait once you're up there.
6. The girls in the windows are quite funny as long as you are. Don't be ass-y with them if they ask something you weren't ready for. They can be ass-y back, and they have armed security to back them up.
7. Once you get there, it is pretty painless. Bring a book or magazine, because you will be waiting for a while.

Thank you very much for the info.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
jancath410 said:
Question: How many people can go with you upstairs and downstairs?
Good question, I just assumed it' be similar to when we went to USCIS... but they aren't the same. Maybe going in person won't even be an option then.

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Ok so we got our COPRs and passports with Visas in the mail today...question. Do we need to bring any additional photos with us to land? I don't see that anywhere on the papers we have. But I seem to recall people talking about bringing photos to land. Are those only folks who went in person to Buffalo? I sent two pics to Detroit and one came back on the paperwork. Did they send the other one off themselves for the PR card? HELP! We're going tonight I think :D

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm going to guess that they are going to send you the handy, dandy white envelope with the paperwork for the PR card when you get your passport back.. Guess what is on the paperwork? One of the two pics I gave the nice lady in Buffalo was on the "Generic" form they gave me back. So if you send in your three pics, you'll get atleast one of them back on the form you have to give them at landing time. She didn't mention anything about more photos either.

Edit: The "Generic" form is the confirmation of permanent residency. The included letter says not to sign it. READ the letter that comes with it.. lol! Oh, and the second of my two pictures is floating at the bottom of the white envelope.. So, I'm thinking they ask for three pictures because the "generic" form is one of those three page with carbon type forms.. Only page three doesn't ask for a photo..

Vervain said:
Ok so we got our COPRs and passports with Visas in the mail today...question. Do we need to bring any additional photos with us to land? I don't see that anywhere on the papers we have. But I seem to recall people talking about bringing photos to land. Are those only folks who went in person to Buffalo? I sent two pics to Detroit and one came back on the paperwork. Did they send the other one off themselves for the PR card? HELP! We're going tonight I think :D

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where's the 24 hour Walmart? LOL...I'll check out some stuff that we don't have or too expensive in Toronto...hahaha....

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Vervain said:
COPR, Passport, B4 form for declaring any goods...that's it. No photos needed to land. They ask you some questions, type some stuff in the computer, cancel your visa (they draw a line through it in your passport and send you to customs. Takes all of 15 minutes. Have fun.

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you find two photos in the envelope with the COPR?

AllisonVSC said:
COPR, Passport, B4 form for declaring any goods...that's it. No photos needed to land. They ask you some questions, type some stuff in the computer, cancel your visa (they draw a line through it in your passport and send you to customs. Takes all of 15 minutes. Have fun.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
anyone received news from buffalo... seem no one got ppr this week

still hoping it will be soon for us :(

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
wmaitner said:
Did you find two photos in the envelope with the COPR?
Detroit only requests two photos. One came back affixed to our COPRs and I am assuming the other went off to be stuck in the PR card ^_^

We go tomorrow!!!!! I cannot believe this is almost over!!! After more than three years tomorrow it's official!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Vervain I'm so excited for you!! Deep sigh of relief hey??!

wmaitner: Wow! What a story! Thanks for the info, though I'm just going to do it by mail within Canada. *hopefully*

Still no news on my end :( STILL WAITING...

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
kerianne said:
Still no news on my end :( STILL WAITING...
did you hear anything since your file was started in process in buffalo?

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss where are you today? i mean you are usually very active anything good/bad happened?

amnarb

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
received letter for sponsorship approval! a little relieved that one part of the app is done, but still a ways to go....hope it's not too long!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Dralon said:
did you hear anything since your file was started in process in buffalo?
Nothing. Zilch. So I'm hoping no news is good news. :-X And they have only contacted me via snail mail. However I have my email address on the application to contact me that way.

amnarb said:
received letter for sponsorship approval! a little relieved that one part of the app is done, but still a ways to go....hope it's not too long!
Good luck! And Welcome to the 'group' ;)

Sauga: What's an MP, I'm a little late to the game. What is the purpose of contacting, because I too may need to contact in the near future.