Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
I have a question about the UCI number. I didn't know that I had one after applying for my TRV at the border. When I was doing the application, I assume that it was in fact my first application with CIC so I left it blank.

I don't suppose there is any way to access ECAS using my UCI, as there is no way my case would be linked. However, should I inform the CIC somehow that I do in fact have a UCI? Maybe wait until my file is transferred?

I also have some other info I would possible like to submit, maybe do it all at once? The other info is for a minor court case that has been closed for a year.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim maguire said:
I have a couple landing questions that're probably more about nerves than reality, but I need to get this right the first time (true of most everyone, probably, but I'm still nervous). I contacted the consulate and their response was not helpful.

I'm not ready to move yet but have to land by August 12, 2012 and so am planing on flying to Toronto for a weekend and land when I arrive.

My questions are:

1. Does my wife (sponsor) have to come with me or can I land alone?

2. I know the rules for importing a car are different for PRs than for returning citizens. Our car is in both my (PR) and my wife's (citizen) names. Which controls? If necessary, I'll transfer title to her, but it would be better if it were not necessary.

3. Is it that tricky a process where if I screw something up, I'm screwed?

Thanks for your help everyone.
1. You can land by yourself (your wife doesn't need to be with you)

2. As long as your name is on the title, you can put it on your B4 (slightly easier than your wife's since as a landing PR you don't have the minimum 6 month ownership requirement and are exempt from duties for the full amount so you won't need to get a valuation). Make sure you turn in your B4 when you land (you'll need your stamped copy for when you later drive up and actually export it from the US and import it into Canada). It would be best if your wife is with you for the export/import process and then to register the car in Canada, but if it isn't possible make sure you have a notarized document where she grants you approval for each step of the process - the hardest to do with a letter may be provincial registration (and depending on the province, you may not be able to register it in her name if she isn't present).

3. It shouldn't be tricky. To 'dot your i's,' take a copy of your application with you and double check all the
info on your CoPR is correct. To make it easier, take two copies of your B4/B4As with you. Good luck :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apstone said:
I have a question about the UCI number. I didn't know that I had one after applying for my TRV at the border. When I was doing the application, I assume that it was in fact my first application with CIC so I left it blank.

I don't suppose there is any way to access ECAS using my UCI, as there is no way my case would be linked. However, should I inform the CIC somehow that I do in fact have a UCI? Maybe wait until my file is transferred?

I also have some other info I would possible like to submit, maybe do it all at once?
Your UCI will remain the same - they will connect the dots. In fact, now that you have it, you can use it to check if your application is in the system yet logging in to ecas.

I would submit additional info once your case is at the VO since it is easier for it to be match ped up to your file then (unless it's critical, in which case fax or e-mail CPC-M)

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
OhCanadiana said:
1. You can land by yourself (your wife doesn't need to be with you)

2. As long as your name is on the title, you can put it on your B4 (slightly easier than your wife's since as a landing PR you don't have the minimum 6 month ownership requirement and are exempt from duties for the full amount so you won't need to get a valuation). Make sure you turn in your B4 when you land (you'll need your stamped copy for when you later drive up and actually export it from the US and import it into Canada). It would be best if your wife is with you for the export/import process and then to register the car in Canada, but if it isn't possible make sure you have a notarized document where she grants you approval for each step of the process - the hardest to do with a letter may be provincial registration (and depending on the province, you may not be able to register it in her name if she isn't present).

3. It shouldn't be tricky. To 'dot your i's,' take a copy of your application with you and double check all the
info on your CoPR is correct. To make it easier, take two copies of your B4/B4As with you. Good luck :)
I would be careful on the title on #2. If the title says AND, then you both will probably need to be present. If it's an OR, then just one of you will work.

rbkrzmarcik

Jan 30, 2012
Good morning,

I am sposoring my husband (us citizen) from outland buffalo. We submitted our application to Mississagua September 27th, 2011. I was approved as a sponsor November of 2011 and then our applicaton was transfered to Buffalo. From there, we recieved notice that they started processing our applicatoin on January 27, 2012. (all medical exams and FBI checks were done at the time of submitting the application in September). We then recieved a letter to send in further documentation in February. My husband had a petty misdemeanor that did not show on his FBI check so they wanted the official court papers. We sent that the end of Febraray (certified mail so we know they got it). Since then... nothing. Is this normal? I know it's only been 10 months since we originally sent it in however we also have not recieved any notice as to where our application is with the closing of Buffalo. Do they send information about that?

Finally... once we do get the notice that he is approved in principle.. what happens then? How long after he's been approved until he can land and actually get his PR card? We are really grey on this part of the process and the timelines. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks!

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
rbkrzmarcik said:
Good morning,

I am sposoring my husband (us citizen) from outland buffalo. We submitted our application to Mississagua September 27th, 2011. I was approved as a sponsor November of 2011 and then our applicaton was transfered to Buffalo. From there, we recieved notice that they started processing our applicatoin on January 27, 2012. (all medical exams and FBI checks were done at the time of submitting the application in September). We then recieved a letter to send in further documentation in February. My husband had a petty misdemeanor that did not show on his FBI check so they wanted the official court papers. We sent that the end of Febraray (certified mail so we know they got it). Since then... nothing. Is this normal? I know it's only been 10 months since we originally sent it in however we also have not recieved any notice as to where our application is with the closing of Buffalo. Do they send information about that?

Finally... once we do get the notice that he is approved in principle.. what happens then? How long after he's been approved until he can land and actually get his PR card? We are really grey on this part of the process and the timelines. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks!
10mo isn't necessarily normal but it's not extremely abnormal either. I believe after 12 months CIC will let you do a case-specific inquiry to see the status by calling in. Also, have you checked your app status on CIC's website? It's usually not very specific but it may provide clues.

The next step in the process is for your husband to receive the PPR (PassPort Request). He will need to submit copies of his passport to the VO and then from there they'll take a few weeks to get his COPR out to him. This is what he'll use to land. The COPR will be affixed in his passport at the landing office and will be temporary documentation showing his status until his PR card arrives. The border officers will say 6-8 weeks but most people seem to be getting them in 10.

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Hi guys, I think I'm going crazy...... ppr request ( with a landing date of June 13/12) may 16th.. VO in detroit had passport on May 22.... Husband received phone call june 7, from Detroit saying his landing date wouldnt be possilbe for him as he still did not have his COPR.. so the VO said He is sending a request in for medical extension to Ottawa and should take 2-3 weeks.. Ok great!! NOT!! over a month now and hadnt heard anything, so I asked my MP's office to enquire on status.. She called me today and said, Ottawa says they are still waiting for his PP.. ??? I said oh no Detroit has it and the VO, because my husband asked him the day he called where is his pp and the guy said here it is on my desk.. so my stomach is in Knots. over this cause all our plans for him coming august 1st or so are shit... Then I think well Detroit has not updated there system??? so that's why Ottawa can't see any new info? would that be reasonable to think? As looking at ecas really tells you nothing either as it's never updated..... SO FRUSTRATING... So can some one tell me , do you think things are still processing but updates are not done so that's the reason Ottawa has no idea his pp is sitting on someones desk in Detroit? This is so Ridiculous....

Thanks Lasiar

tim maguire

Jan 5, 2012
NYC, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
11-08-2012
Thank you g-man and Ohcanadiana. That definitely helps.

My wife will be with me when we import the car. The issue with the landing is that we have a daughter so I can buy 1 plane ticket or 3--I'd rather buy 1.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim maguire said:
Thank you g-man and Ohcanadiana. That definitely helps.

My wife will be with me when we import the car. The issue with the landing is that we have a daughter so I can buy 1 plane ticket or 3--I'd rather buy 1.
Both of you being there will make export/import simpler. Just remember to include the car in your B4. :)

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
OhCanadiana can u offer up any answers to my last post? I'm just reaching I think, from being frustrated and really missing my husband badly. Any info you can tell me would be so appreciated..

thanks
Lasiar

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lasiar said:
OhCanadiana can u offer up any answers to my last post? I'm just reaching I think, from being frustrated and really missing my husband badly. Any info you can tell me would be so appreciated..

thanks
Lasiar
It seems one of two things happened:

1. Detroit is still issuing visas so they kept your passport and will issue your visa directly. Therefore, Ottawa is not, and won't be, familiar with your case or have your passport. This happened to folks who still got their passports from Buffalo even after they closed their doors to the public.
2. You got caught in the files being sent to Ottawa and for some reason Ottawa hasn't received and processed your file yet.

Consider trying to track it from the Detroit end and see if they have it still or if they forwarded it to Ottawa - perhaps your MP can ask Detroit directly, otherwise send a case specific enquiry to Detroit.

Sorry to hear about this ... it must be very frustrating to be so close and hit this delay. Hang in there :)

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
OhanadianaC said:
It seems one of two things happened:

1. Detroit is still issuing visas so they kept your passport and will issue your visa directly. Therefore, Ottawa is not, and won't be, familiar with your case or have your passport. This happened to folks who still got their passports from Buffalo even after they closed their doors to the public.
2. You got caught in the files being sent to Ottawa and for some reason Ottawa hasn't received and processed your file yet.

Consider trying to track it from the Detroit end and see if they have it still or if they forwarded it to Ottawa - perhaps your MP can ask Detroit directly, otherwise send a case specific enquiry to Detroit.

Sorry to hear about this ... it must be very frustrating to be so close and hit this delay. Hang in there :)
Thank you OhCanadiana I just needed some answers.. I will do my best to hang in, really hard to do. Thank you for all your help.. fingers crossed for next week getting good news.

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
Has anybody had any problems getting a response from Ottawa? I have sent them 3 emails in the past month and heard nothing back at all. Im getting worried because my medicals expire in a week :( I dont know why my application is taking so long to process as it was received in October! My e-cas was updated with my address about 2 weeks ago but has only said application received and not changed. Is there a possibility Ottawa doesnt even have my file and thats why theyre not responding? Should I try and contact another office?

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hi anybody heard about interview. Where the interviews are happening. Anyone recently got interview date and location. Just curious where my interview gonna be. Ottawa or Los angeles. I am already in Canada. Anybody know please share.

Thanks

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
caledonia said:
Has anybody had any problems getting a response from Ottawa? I have sent them 3 emails in the past month and heard nothing back at all. Im getting worried because my medicals expire in a week :( I dont know why my application is taking so long to process as it was received in October! My e-cas was updated with my address about 2 weeks ago but has only said application received and not changed. Is there a possibility Ottawa doesnt even have my file and thats why theyre not responding? Should I try and contact another office?
Ottawa is usually quick to respond, not sure why it's taking you a while. Are you sending via case specific?