Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations

g-man, avocadosandcheesem, calissons, alf+jlh

You have an extra reason to celebrate Canada Day :)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
muffy1 said:
Congrats G-man! Super exciting!!

Cgagnon- The same thing happened to me, as well, maybe two weeks ago. My US address showed up on my page (I'm applicant) for the first time since I was able to use ecas back in December! I was excited, as well, at the thought that atleast SOMETHING happened to our file :) Here's hoping this is all over for all of us soon :)
Awesome thank you for confirming that I am not going crazy!!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
calissons said:
:eek: I GOOOOOT MY COPR!!!! :eek:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOOOOOHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh why i am so happy for you guys!!!! You all deserve it!! Best of luck!!Keep us posted!

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
OhCanadiana said:
Hi, there :)

You should receive it in the next 2-3 weeks. The timing is currently at 47 business days for new residents - check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp ... it's usually very accurate as to which applications just got processed and mailed out.

Hope settling in is going very well.

OhC
Thanks for the link OhCanadiana greatly appreciated and the landing and settling went smooth since ive been here for the last year and a half already.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
g-man said:
Did you get your SIN card yet? I'm hoping this process doesn't take long after landing as I'd like to start working once I do!
Yup got my SIN,Alberta Health Care,Alberta Drivers Liscence,Put on my wifes Ins. and even got my business open already.

homi2285

Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
before sending the application in July 2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2012
calissons said:
:eek: I GOOOOOT MY COPR!!!! :eek:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!
I'm still waitting.. It has been exactly a year since I applied.. I'm so freaking worried... Don't even know where my files are now at..

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Quince- You are still waiting as well? I'm in the September group, as well. Well, good to know I'm not the only one from the group left :) But, I'm sorry you are still waiting.

Quince777 said:
Also waiting.. App filed in Sep:(

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muffy1 said:
Quince- You are still waiting as well? I'm in the September group, as well. Well, good to know I'm not the only one from the group left :) But, I'm sorry you are still waiting.
Yeap, I'm in the same situation. I've been in process since April and then this Buffalo closure happened. So I don't know how long more this is going to take..

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Trust me, I understand. Got a letter in December stating that they're working on finalizing my file....then Buffalo, naturally. Who knows. At least we know ONE DAY it will be over! Just hoping it's sooner than later.

Quince777 said:
Yeap, I'm in the same situation. I've been in process since April and then this Buffalo closure happened. So I don't know how long more this is going to take..

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Don't mean to bring you guys down or anything, but do you have any reason as to why it is being delayed? Lot of people from Dec/Jan seem to be getting done about now, you guys have any luck finding out why you fell through the cracks?

Are you US Citizens? anything weird/out of normal/complicated with your file?

I am only asking to see what chances other people have of having problems....it must be excruciating to assume to be done within 7 months and then have it take so long.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
apstone said:
Don't mean to bring you guys down or anything, but do you have any reason as to why it is being delayed? Lot of people from Dec/Jan seem to be getting done about now, you guys have any luck finding out why you fell through the cracks?

I am only asking to see what chances other people have of having problems....it must be excruciating to assume to be done within 7 months and then have it take so long.
That part that is bolded made me chuckle because this is the US applicants thread lol.

Anywho, it's mostly to the fault of Buffalo closing and all the confusion going on. That's what's delaying everything really.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Apstone-

We did not pay the ROPR fee upfront. Likewise, I did not include my police clearance certificate. They sent a letter in December and in a week we had the information to them. My original PCC was "lost" in the mail and we sent a 2nd one to them in February. So, I know this caused delays. Plus, the Buffalo office closing doesn't help. Aside from that, it was not complicated, first marriage for both, no children, I'm US citizen, he's Canadian citizen. Our MP is looking into our file and I was hoping I would hear something this week but it doesn't look like that will be the case. Naturally, I will update happily as soon as I hear something.. All the best to you :)

apstone said:

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
That part that is bolded made me chuckle because this is the US applicants thread lol.
To be fair to the OP, US-based outland applicants could be legally admitted to the US for a year but be citizens of another country with most of their documents not US-issued ;)

Also, the Buffalo office also served other geographies in addition to the US.

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
apstone said:

Bwahahaha! ??? I'm pretty sure I am a U.S. citizen, lol!

Anyways, on a more serious note, I really don't think there is any system in place with CIC to decide what goes first. Our files are all probably just placed on a roulette wheel, and whoever gets lucky gets lucky, and to hell with the rest of us. Also, all of the CEC apps were going through Buffalo, as well as some of the other U.S. Territories.

Now that that consulate is closing, who knows how much longer we will have to wait. Buffalo told me my file was in Ottawa, Ottawa told me my file is in Seattle, Seattle told me there is no way of knowing if they have my file or not, and to check back in three months.

I used to joke that our 3-year old was going to graduate high school before we finish processing-that joke isn't funny anymore. :(