+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hi,

I do have gold to declare while I land in Canada.But I don't know the value of that gold. I dont have all gold with me now in USA. Some of it is in India, but I do have photographs for that. Do I have to declare the value of gold? or only the pictures of gold will work?

One more thing, do I have to declare the current value of all the electronics? or should it be the purchase value on the B4 form?

Do I have to list all the electronics on B4 form including, kitchen appliances, etc? Should it be declared under variour categories such as kitchen appliences, entertainment etc.

While filling B4 form should all the items be categorized such as Kitchen and within that pots, pans etc. or it should be written as only kitchen utensils and its value?

Please advise

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
Kiri said:
Haha, nice! I played Perfect World a bit. Played lots of online games... I'm an illustrator, so it's my field.. so like you, I'm drawn in.

It's so crazy how the world works, eh?
Nice pun xD

I'd be curious to see an ACCURATE statistic saying how many relationships begin online. Not like the eHarmony ad, which is almost certainly based on a super small sample size.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
:eek:

Occasita said:
Haha so many from WoW!
I've played dozens, possibly hundreds of MMOs, being a software developer I tend to fall into them easily.
I met my husband on FlyFF, and then we played DOMO. Currently I'm an active Perfect World player.
Kiri said:
Haha, nice! I played Perfect World a bit. Played lots of online games... I'm an illustrator, so it's my field.. so like you, I'm drawn in.

It's so crazy how the world works, eh?
Lasiar said:
Hey guys, just reading some of these latest posts and I was smiling, My American hubby and I met on Perfect World... That is so awesome to see so many others having met the same way. Fingers crossed to us all to be able to be with our loved ones soon.. ;D

"Currently I'm an active Perfect World player".. So are we still Occasita.. such a small world.
You can add another couple that met from PW.

Very scary how small a world it really is.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
sariss said:
Me too! My hubby and I met in World of Warcraft, haha!
Funny. When Hubby came here for the first time through the Ottawa Airport, the customs guy asked how he met me, he said online and the customs guy was like "Okay, World of Warcraft" *writes it down*

It cracked me up because I never played it but my husband has, so it was amusing! :p

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
sariss said:
Me too! My hubby and I met in World of Warcraft, haha!
My wife and I were first introduced by a mutual friend while playing Guild Wars! :D

KenShali

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011 Resubmit App.: 02-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010 & 15-3-2012
Interview........
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Its really crazy knowing how long processing my file took...and finally when done with my interview and was told by the officer that she is "over convinced" that the marriage is genuine... my passport was not stamped :'(...

The reason is " we do our own background/security check, which we are waiting for...so its been two months since we applied for one and still waiting on it." ..And you know whats funny...is that i was on top of things and i had new FBI and police clearances and also new medicals done for them.
And i never heard of anyone else going through this???? :eek:

..Yet I was told i need to wait another month after my interview before my passport request is sent...hmm i waited since May 2nd...and still nothing..

I just sent an email today to buffalo...lets hope they reply quick! :(
Has anyone had an interview and got accepted for PR, yet had to wait for some background check?
IF so, what is this final background check is about??
And how long did it take to be complete?

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Add another couple to the "met online" list! Husband and I didn't meet via gaming tho... We met on a certain UK-based forum full of nerdy photoshops/gifs, exceptional sarcasm, and off-colour humor. I'd name it, but it's not a place for those easily offended :-X

I've found most of the folks at the border don't even bat an eye when people tell them they met their spouses online now. When I first started seeing Husband 8 years ago, a few guards questioned me about it, but in the last few years, it's become so common it's just not a big deal anymore.

Edit: just remembered... my cousin met her Canadian husband via WoW too! ;D

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
Jenny parsely said:
Hi,

I do have gold to declare while I land in Canada.But I don't know the value of that gold. I dont have all gold with me now in USA. Some of it is in India, but I do have photographs for that. Do I have to declare the value of gold? or only the pictures of gold will work?

One more thing, do I have to declare the current value of all the electronics? or should it be the purchase value on the B4 form?

Do I have to list all the electronics on B4 form including, kitchen appliances, etc? Should it be declared under variour categories such as kitchen appliences, entertainment etc.

While filling B4 form should all the items be categorized such as Kitchen and within that pots, pans etc. or it should be written as only kitchen utensils and its value?

Please advise
Jenny, I'd recommend taking a look at this forum: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html I'm trying to figure out the nuances of the B4 as well, but there is a lot of good advice there.

On another note, I finally have an exciting update! I received an email from Buffalo today that said they have sent my PP back. I haven't gotten it yet and the tracking number they provided doesn't bring up any information. Regardless, even though I don't have my PP in my hands, I'm just so glad to know that even with the Buffalo closure CIC is keeping track of these things. What's a bit interesting is that I had emailed both Buffalo and Ottawa to try to sort out the whereabouts of my PP. While Buffalo didn't respond directly to the inquiry I sent them, it looks like Ottawa forwarded the email I sent and prompted Buffalo to reply.

BTW, my ECAS still says "in process", but I gave up on the reliability of that system long ago.

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't help but wonder if they are just telling us things to keep us off their backs. Our MP called CIC last week to find out where my husband's passport was and they said that they sent it out May 18th. First of all, the tracking number is inactive. Secondly, even if they sent it via regular post, it would have been here by now.

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
kitchloo said:
I can't help but wonder if they are just telling us things to keep us off their backs. Our MP called CIC last week to find out where my husband's passport was and they said that they sent it out May 18th. First of all, the tracking number is inactive. Secondly, even if they sent it via regular post, it would have been here by now.
That's horribly disconcerting. Do you have copies of your husband's passport pages in case they lost it? I know that's absolutely not what you want to hear right now. Have you requested your notes yet? Also, did they specifically say they had sent the passport back to you or is there a possibility they were saying they sent it to another visa office?

This is the email I received:
Your passport was returned June 4, 2012 via Express Post TRACKING NUMBER.

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oreidapennsyltucky said:
That's horribly disconcerting. Do you have copies of your husband's passport pages in case they lost it? I know that's absolutely not what you want to hear right now. Have you requested your notes yet? Also, did they specifically say they had sent the passport back to you or is there a possibility they were saying they sent it to another visa office?

This is the email I received:
Your passport was returned June 4, 2012 via Express Post TRACKING NUMBER.
No unfortunately we didn't make copies. Hindsight is 20/20. We should not have sent his actual passport, but we had gotten the run-around from Buffalo for so long that we were afraid we'd do something wrong if we sent them copies. We didn't want any more delays. So much for that.

We haven't ordered notes. With everything going on it would probably take a month or longer to get them. They told our MP that the passport was mailed to us (not another office) on May 18th. Our MP said, "Keep checking your mailbox." Yeah, sure.

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
kitchloo said:
No unfortunately we didn't make copies. Hindsight is 20/20. We should not have sent his actual passport, but we had gotten the run-around from Buffalo for so long that we were afraid we'd do something wrong if we sent them copies. We didn't want any more delays. So much for that.

We haven't ordered notes. With everything going on it would probably take a month or longer to get them. They told our MP that the passport was mailed to us (not another office) on May 18th. Our MP said, "Keep checking your mailbox." Yeah, sure.
I'm so sorry. :( I'd be really upset if I were in your situation (hey, maybe in a week or so I'll realize that I am!).

Is your husband an American? At this point, I'd probably get the US government involved. To report a lost or stolen passport, the number is 1-877-487-2778. You likely aren't at the point where you'd want to report it as lost or stolen because then the passport would be invalidated, but perhaps they can step in and deal with Buffalo on your behalf.

I also sent my actual passport and wish I'd sent copies. Word of wisdom to those who haven't received their PPR yet, send copies!!!!

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oreidapennsyltucky said:
I'm so sorry. :( I'd be really upset if I were in your situation (hey, maybe in a week or so I'll realize that I am!).

Is your husband an American? At this point, I'd probably get the US government involved. To report a lost or stolen passport, the number is 1-877-487-2778. You likely aren't at the point where you'd want to report it as lost or stolen because then the passport would be invalidated, but perhaps they can step in and deal with Buffalo on your behalf.

I also sent my actual passport and wish I'd sent copies. Word of wisdom to those who haven't received their PPR yet, send copies!!!!
Yes, he's American. Thanks for the number... we may have to use it. :(

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my goodness! I can't believe it! I've had the Canada Post site up all day and hitting the track button millions of times. FINALLY I see this:

2012/06/05 13:56 FORT ERIE Item accepted at the Post Office

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(See, they didn't send it May 18th. Sheesh!)