27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
OhCanadiana said:
The officer could give you a "hard time" as in teasing you or in sending you to secondary to confirm your status if s/he can't because of long lines or something. They really have no reason to give you a hard time as in hey Mr. you can't come in because you are, after all, Mr. Canadian Permanent Resident now and as such have a right to live in and enter Canada (well, unless you've committed some major crime that would justify them stripping you of your status or unless they can prove you can't meet the min 2 years out of 5 in Canada). Landing gave you obligations and entitlements - cool, huh?

In other words, once you get yourself, your passport, and COPR to the border they have no reason not to let you in :D.
Thanks again ohCanadiana for clearing it up again for me like always.You are most definately a great asset to this site

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
frozensealion said:
Hi everyone!!

If someone can give me an opinion based on experience, It will be greatly appreciated. In 02/11/12, I received a letter saying our file was sent to Buffalo, no communication has been sent after that,and as I can read from other comments this is common.My status in e-Cas is:"application received".
While reading this forum I went to a link that took me to a form to request information.what I got back in 24 hours was:

"....Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section.........." :eek:

Does this means my application is in process and the e-Cas page has not being updated?
Hi,

I got the same reply and after 15 days my ecas status was updated to In process. So hopefully yours will be done too.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I'll be crossing the border on a bus, and landing. How long will it take? I hope I don't hold them up to long. lol

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
kourts said:
I'll be crossing the border on a bus, and landing. How long will it take? I hope I don't hold them up to long. lol
If you have your paperwork filled out and ready to go, maybe.. 10 minutes. If not, obviously longer.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Bargeld said:
If you have your paperwork filled out and ready to go, maybe.. 10 minutes. If not, obviously longer.
They don't recommend to pass by bus because if they hold you longer and the bus needs to leave they will leave you there

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
cgagnon said:
They don't recommend to pass by bus because if they hold you longer and the bus needs to leave they will leave you there
Yet there's been people who have landed by bus, with several other people? Curious.

I personally wouldn't land by bus, but other people have done it, so it can be done. Never heard of anyone being left behind though O_O

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
ahh, it's really my only option. And what paper work? All I was aware of was my B4 and B4a. I'll have those filled out.

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
Thanks Calgary-Bound and OhCanadiana!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
kourts said:
ahh, it's really my only option. And what paper work? All I was aware of was my B4 and B4a. I'll have those filled out.
From my understanding, you'll have to sign a few things and they will have to check your passport make sure it matches. Don't take my word for it though, I'm still waiting for stage one, but that's what my understanding is from reading around here :)

oldlovey

Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 25, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar. 23, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec. 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31st, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 28th, 2013
I finally received some news on the 23rd, that I was approved for sponsorship!

Also I see that they received his medicals...but while I was browsing this forum, I realized that we actually needed a FBI criminal background check and not simply a state one. Wow. I feel so stupid right now! I can't believe we made such a silly mistake...

Anyways, to remedy the situation. Should I wait for them to contact me before asking my husband to go get one? Or should we go ahead and start getting FBI clearance as soon as possible?

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
oldlovey said:
I finally received some news on the 23rd, that I was approved for sponsorship!

Also I see that they received his medicals...but while I was browsing this forum, I realized that we actually needed a FBI criminal background check and not simply a state one. Wow. I feel so stupid right now! I can't believe we made such a silly mistake...

Anyways, to remedy the situation. Should I wait for them to contact me before asking my husband to go get one? Or should we go ahead and start getting FBI clearance as soon as possible?

I recommend that you get started with the procedure for FBI police clearance since it take about 8 weeks to get it. Untill you submit the FBI your file is still incomplete and any how you need to submit FBI. So don't delay and go for FBI police clearance certificate.

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
belee1985 said:
Application is "IN PROCESS" as of April 21st 2012 (even though we've already received PPR)
Hi did you receive it at your email address or your sponsor's? My file is in process since 23rd April 2012.

How long did it take to get the PPR after in process status?

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Jenny parsely said:
Hi did you receive it at your email address or your sponsor's? My file is in process since 23rd April 2012.

How long did it take to get the PPR after in process status?
Sponsors get the email or letter that they've been approved as sponsor. The one who is applying to be a PR gets the PPR email or letter.

Time from "in process" to PPR is different for everyone, from a day to many months after. Mine went in process Feb 16th and I got PPR march 30th.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
parker24 said:
Yet there's been people who have landed by bus, with several other people? Curious.

I personally wouldn't land by bus, but other people have done it, so it can be done. Never heard of anyone being left behind though O_O
When we were coming in to canada after we got married...the greyhound bus had to leave this lady behind as he had to follow his schedule. She then had to fork out more money to get on the next bus... You never know what can happen with border patrol.