03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
muffy1 said:
YAYYYY!! CONGRATS NHL!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! HOW DOES IT FEEL? ;)
Thank you :) hmmm I feel a lot calm than usual...maybe it is because I am used to waiting? Idk...lol anyway thank you and good luck to ya

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
moochops said:
oooh there's hope there's hope many congrats NHL - a friend (who applied via a different stream but who's app was being processed in buffalo) got her ppr this morning too.

Really really really really hoping that it's soon :'(
Thanks so much I hope you will receive yours soon

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
York Region said:
Good morning nhl1011, my ecas has been updated 'we started processing your appl on march 27, 2012'. Do u have any updates on ecas?
I just checked mine...it is saying my app started to process on march 21st

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
Has anyone imported a car where the title is with a bank in the USA and your spouse's name and another family member(in my case, his aunt)'s name is on the title? We're still making payments on it, and there's no way we'll be able to pay it off before he's PR.

I'm trying to get all the stuff together and get all information together for when he does land and be prepared so we can import his car with ease.

Thanks! :)
You are going to need to either negotiate with the bank to let you export the car (they are usually leery of doing this because they have limited recourse to repossess the car once it's outside of the US should there be a skipped payment) or get a loan in Canada on the car and then pay it off in the US and keep making payments on the Canadian side. To let you export the car, they would need to give you the title and a letter authoring the export ... I would suggest calling the border post in the US where you plan to export the car to get detailed instructions on what they want since the requirements do vary between border posts and that way you can ask the bank upfront for what you would need.

Regarding having his aunt on the title, call the Ministry of Transportation of the province you'll be heading to to see if they will allow a non-Canadian to be on the title and, if so, to see if they will allow it if she isn't there in person. I know of a similar situation where the car ended up being titled in the new immigrant's name in Canada and they asked for the prior co-owner to be there to approve the transaction (with no lease, just joint ownership).

frozensealion

Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 22 2011
Doc's Request.
dec 5 2012
AOR Received.
never
Med's Request
May 12 2013
Med's Done....
May 18 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
excempt fotos and copies req Jun 17 2013
Not sure how to add this to my profile as everyone else. If someone can help me it will be greatly appreciated.
App filed: Dec 20th-2011
Sponsor approved: Feb 12th-2011
Buffalo received app: N/A Yet
App in process: N/A Yet
AOR: N/A Yet
Med Received: Dec 20th-2011
PPR: N/A Yet
Interview: N/A Yet
Visa Iuused: N/A Yet
Landing: N/A Yet

Tried to email internally gogogo but my profile says I can't do that :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
You are going to need to either negotiate with the bank to let you export the car (they are usually leery of doing this because they have limited recourse to repossess the car once it's outside of the US should there be a skipped payment) or get a loan in Canada on the car and then pay it off in the US and keep making payments on the Canadian side. To let you export the car, they would need to give you the title and a letter authoring the export ... I would suggest calling the border post in the US where you plan to export the car to get detailed instructions on what they want since the requirements do vary between border posts and that way you can ask the bank upfront for what you would need.

Regarding having his aunt on the title, call the Ministry of Transportation of the province you'll be heading to to see if they will allow a non-Canadian to be on the title and, if so, to see if they will allow it if she isn't there in person. I know of a similar situation where the car ended up being titled in the new immigrant's name in Canada and they asked for the prior co-owner to be there to approve the transaction (with no lease, just joint ownership).
Thank you! My husband was saying about how it's going to be difficult to do so. We'll have to try to talk to them, because getting a loan is out of the question (Seeing as he has no credit rating and mine is destroyed thanks to college days of using a visa!). Hopefully something will work. Thank you again for the information! :) Any idea when I should start working on this? My husband feels like I'm starting way too early (We JUST gave our application beginning of March) but wondering if it's okay to be trying to get it all ready for when he lands? :) Thanks again!

canuckofchicago

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2011
Doc's Request.
06-10-2011
AOR Received.
08-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Good morning everyone.

I do some immediate help. We are coming on to one year since my wife's application was file and sent to Buffalo.
Now apparently Buffalo can't find her medical records (we sent them in with her application) what is the best and fastest way to send them? I sent one to my MP this morning has he is one that confirmed they can't find her records.

My question is how can they NOT find her records? I looked at the form, there is a barcode with numbers. Plus, her medical records have expired (March 21, 2011 when she did them).

Can they overlook this since this is an obvious error on their end, when we sent them in with the application?

Just frustrating. Any and all help is possible. Freaking out here.

bbiery

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2011
Doc's Request.
5-3-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
26-04-2012/Decision Made 14-05-2012
Ppr!!

Anyone know if we can still drive to Buffalo and have this processed same.day instead of sending it in?

Edit never mind was too excited to actually read it says it must be submitted by mail.

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Yay another one - congrats Bbiery :)

I have some news that whilst not helping my case has really lightened the load today

I have a friend who is an immgration consultant, and she gave me a couple of emial addresses to send enquiries to.

So I fired one off yesterday and outlined the circumstances, although at the end (and anyone who knows me knows this is totally me!) added some humour (i'll cut and paste)

"................ (the dots are for the case datils and timelines)
Please don't get me wrong and I hope I'm not coming across as a whiney person, and I am totally grateful that I'm at least with my hubby while a lot of people are seperated from theirs, I am just a little stressed right now.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do, my husband would thank you too because I'm getting soooo bored not being able to work that i've taken to thinking about clearing some of the dead trees in the yard. This involves a chainsaw and my husband is scared lol.

Many thanks
XXXXXXX"
I showed a couple of friends the email and they commented that they hope CIC have a sense of humour and don't take it as a thinly veiled threat of me coming after them with a chainsaw (which I was a bbit scared about actually after they'd said it lol)

Then this morning I get this reply back

Hi XXXXX- I have traded in my Buffalo wings for Turkey legs, being now posted in Ankara - however, I have forwarded your message to my colleagues in Buffalo... I'm sure they will take care of things - and hopefully you won't have to fire up that chainsaw... (then he posts his details etc)

So whilst it doesn't shed any light, it does show that at least one person (in quite a high up position given his title lol) has a great sense of humour, and that really made me smile today.

So thank you Mr X - you made my day :)

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Wow congrats to the new approvals! It is great to see movement from Buffalo, esp for you folks who have been waiting so long! (I stalk the spreadsheet a lot..lol). Seems like they might be catching up finally! :)

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
CONGRATS BBIERY!!! I've been "stalking" you on the spreadsheet as I'm in the line next to yours hehe :) I know it doesn't help me but it does make my crazy mind feel better ;)

ALL THE BEST TO YOU!! I am so happy to read this this morning! :D :D :D :D :D :D

bbiery said:
Ppr!!

Anyone know if we can still drive to Buffalo and have this processed same.day instead of sending it in?

Edit never mind was too excited to actually read it says it must be submitted by mail.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
BBiery- PS:

I believe it was GOGOGO who replied to one of my posts with a link to someone else who I *believe* was being processed through Buffalo and if I remember correctly, they did show up in person with their PPR and received their COPR in person at Buffalo. I'm going to look for that link and post it once I find it.

bbiery said:
Ppr!!

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Hi calissons, no worries, you continue to be processed outland through Buffalo/Seattle.

Many of us got visitor records and me being one of those. The border officers probably think that we would want to stay with our significant others longer while waiting for PR processing, and the visitor records allow us to do so without needing to go in/out of the country every 6 months. Even though my visitor record became invalid once I left Canada, the border officer told me to show the visitor record whenever I cross the border to facilitate the crossing.

calissons said:
Hi... my home address appeared on ecas... but the address shown is in Canada (sponsor's address)...
I just went to the US and back to Canada and they decided to establish a visitor record [I had never heard of that] for me so I can stay for 9 months in Canada... but I am visa exempt and I am going to leave in less than 6 months anyway (5 months) so I didn't really need it.
No big deal I thought, but now I am wondering if my home address:
- appeared on ecas; and
- appeared as being in Canada (knowing that in my application I gave an address outside Canada)
because of this visitor record....

Does that mean they consider that I am applying inland now? I don't get it...

If you have any thoughts on this, it would be really appreciated....

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Bbiery-

I copy & pasted the link and info GOGOGO was able to give me when I had the same question re: taking ppr in person to Buffalo. Hope this helps!

From GOGOGO-
It varies from VO to VO. Specifically for Buffalo VO, Ichiro's partner did submit passport in person, and land on the same day. Here's the post.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t41886.0.html;msg1272635#msg1272635

bbiery said:
Ppr!!

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Hi frozensealion, welcome here! I've added you to the Buffalo spreadsheet (link in my signature).

When you have done 10 posts, then you will be able to modify your profile ("Forum Profile Information") to add your timeline underneath your name.

Good luck to your application!

frozensealion said:
Not sure how to add this to my profile as everyone else. If someone can help me it will be greatly appreciated.
App filed: Dec 20th-2011
Sponsor approved: Feb 12th-2011
Buffalo received app: N/A Yet
App in process: N/A Yet
AOR: N/A Yet
Med Received: Dec 20th-2011
PPR: N/A Yet
Interview: N/A Yet
Visa Iuused: N/A Yet
Landing: N/A Yet

Tried to email internally gogogo but my profile says I can't do that :(