+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to everyone with passport requests - it's wonderful to see all the movement in the last week or so. :)

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
York Region said:
You are not alone... I am waiting too, Ecas says IN Process- we have received your appl Jule 11, 2011, meds results have been received, my last correspondence was : Your application is in process please keep correspondence to the minimum
Same here. Same day they received my file as well...I just Don't see any reason they are holding app for this long...my 5th notes are coming next week...it is just so frustrating.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
nhl1011 said:
Same here. Same day they received my file as well...I just Don't see any reason they are holding app for this long...my 5th notes are coming next week...it is just so frustrating.
Im pulling for all you oldies because I know exactly how you feel about this process.

canadapeach

Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Doc's Request.
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
08-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
2012-05-18
Any advice for someone whose file has been in LimboLand?

New to the board, so hello everyone!

Long story short, Canadian hubby and I had a quick wedding ceremony in Toronto in February 2011 and after much volleying and medical exams, our application was sent in July 2011. AOR was received August 2011, processing began October 2011 after our "real" wedding. I have had multiple "final request" letters for docs already provided (background checks, waivers and RPR Fee Payment), the last provided in March 2012 regarding a background check exemption. There has been NO word from anyone in between these requests and our caseworker is not very responsive. Anyone know who else I can contact to see what the status is? It's so incredibly difficult to make future plans with such an "efficient" ;) system. The fact that my current job is FedGov funded which equals precarious at best. I'd like to be able to start looking for employment up there! Any advice, help, or wine recommendations to get met thru this?

Thanks!

Moonlightprancer

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Outland application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O7-11-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
19-01-2012 to Seattle
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2012
I checked fedex for the last time of the night.... boo yow! It will be ere Monday via fed ex. Hubby is in Canada with me since June.... Filled Outland ... He ended up staying longer an boom 6 month in process going to be a closed chapter. Can't wait for hubby to land. Also we had Seattle mail passport back with CPR to us in Canada. I recommend everyone Paton the extra cost and sending fed ex . U can trackbit and know when they r handling it. They do mail outside of US! Yay

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Moonlightprancer said:
I checked fedex for the last time of the night.... boo yow! It will be ere Monday via fed ex. Hubby is in Canada with me since June.... Filled Outland ... He ended up staying longer an boom 6 month in process going to be a closed chapter. Can't wait for hubby to land. Also we had Seattle mail passport back with CPR to us in Canada. I recommend everyone Paton the extra cost and sending fed ex . U can trackbit and know when they r handling it. They do mail outside of US! Yay
What day did Seattle get your passport?

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
nhl1011 said:
At least if i am not mistaken, Buffalo told you that you are required interview?

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
York Region said:
At least if i am not mistaken, Buffalo told you that you are required interview?
Nope, nth required atm

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Calgary-Bound said:
Im pulling for all you oldies because I know exactly how you feel about this process.
Thank you :D

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canadapeach said:

Long story short, Canadian hubby and I had a quick wedding ceremony in Toronto in February 2011 and after much volleying and medical exams, our application was sent in July 2011. AOR was received August 2011, processing began October 2011 after our "real" wedding. I have had multiple "final request" letters for docs already provided (background checks, waivers and RPR Fee Payment), the last provided in March 2012 regarding a background check exemption. There has been NO word from anyone in between these requests and our caseworker is not very responsive. Anyone know who else I can contact to see what the status is? It's so incredibly difficult to make future plans with such an "efficient" ;) system. The fact that my current job is FedGov funded which equals precarious at best. I'd like to be able to start looking for employment up there! Any advice, help, or wine recommendations to get met thru this?

Thanks!
If you haven't already, you can contact Buffalo via the case specific enquiry thingy on the CIC site (I can't post links at the moment, but I'll dig it up later if I get the chance!) The problem with the enquiry is most people, if they get a response at all, it's essentially a form letter saying "we're working on it, if we need anything else we will contact you, now buzz off."
You can also try contacting your/your hubby's MP to see if they can get any info from Buffalo. Some MPs are great and very helpful, others not so much. Some won't even bother unless you're outside the normal posted processing time (11 months for Buffalo).
Also, keep an eye on your spam filter for email. It seems many times people miss things because CIC stuff goes right to spam...

This whole process is a lot of hurry up and wait. The unofficial motto around here is that the only consistent thing about CIC is their inconsistency. If they already asked for your RPRF, you should be getting close. Hang in there! :)

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
General actions taken by forum members:
1) Ordered GCMS notes to see if there is any concern as noted by the immigration officer in the system.
2) Contact MP. (Note: You application is still within the 11 months Buffalo timeframe, and some member mentioned that MP did not help in this case.)

Some links related to ordering GCMS if you haven't done so:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/ (official website)
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t85863.0.html

canadapeach said:

Thanks!

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
GOGOGO said:
General actions taken by forum members:
1) Ordered GCMS notes to see if there is any concern as noted by the immigration officer in the system.
2) Contact MP. (Note: You application is still within the 11 months Buffalo timeframe, and some member mentioned that MP did not help in this case.)

Some links related to ordering GCMS if you haven't done so:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/ (official website)
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t85863.0.html
Hi everyone, but what is this GCMS. that ppl are talking about ordering? is it something I can get and how do u do that? They have been on the medicals or the waiver of dependent at least, since April 9th when hubby signed it.. have heard nothing new since then, but that was the second time they had asked for the same documentation(other than the waiver) first time was Feb 22/12. Also wondering each time they ask for documentation how long does it hold up your file until they start back at it again? I heard 4-6wks is this true? thanks

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
canadapeach said:

Thanks!
Like already stated contact your MP and order your GCMS notes.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Lasiar said:
Hi everyone, but what is this GCMS. that ppl are talking about ordering? is it something I can get and how do u do that? They have been on the medicals or the waiver of dependent at least, since April 9th when hubby signed it.. have heard nothing new since then, but that was the second time they had asked for the same documentation(other than the waiver) first time was Feb 22/12. Also wondering each time they ask for documentation how long does it hold up your file until they start back at it again? I heard 4-6wks is this true? thanks
GCMS notes are a print out of everything to do with your file and what has been completed and what hasnt.The link to order them is in your quote and they are free if your are in Canada and $5 if you are not.If they request more paperwork from you and they give you a date when it is suppose to be returned by then your next Bring Forward date will be on that date.

canadapeach

Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Doc's Request.
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
08-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
2012-05-18
Thank you everyone!

My sisters-in-law gave me the name of their local MP for assistance. I will be reaching out to him shortly to seek his opinion. And I will order these GCMS notes to see what I can deduce.

I check the CIC website weekly and every week like clock work "In Process"...which equals = 'sit down kid, you bother me."

I'm all too familiar with "hurry up and wait" as I'm a government contractor. But I feel like my life is being held hostage on someone's desk and has been since last year. The lag time in their communications is made worse by the fact that I used an attorney so it goes to them first, then me. The attorney was a waste of money and taxes the little patience we have remaining. Hindsight - we would have gone it alone. I'm also concerned because I as recommended by the attorney, I included my medical in my initial packet and it's just reached the 1-year mark for that. I'm afraid of getting another Letter of Doom, stating I have to do it again because of how long its' taken. UUUGHHHHHH!

Now for those wine recommendations please :D