27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
mumbles said:
SO EXCITED FOR YOUR CALGARY_BOUND!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!
Thanks mumbles!Congrats Timemachine.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Hi guys, just popping back in after a long absence. Hope everybody is well and processing good news is coming in. I haven't heard many posts here but wanted to update the long time readers on a situation. You may remember my last posts back in January where I mentioned my girlfriends and their trouble with processing. Here is a bit of that old post.

Quote from: AllisonVSC on January 18, 2012, 04:44:56 pm
You are right ddobro. It was two other friends who had the missing x-ray/"magically got TB" experience. One is landed finally; the other is in month 19 with no end in sight yet..... My "19 month friend" is pretty lackadaisical about the whole thing since she went to meet with her MP. I encouraged her back in November to get her notes and see what is really going on, but she hasn't done it. She did re-do her medical and submitted it and is hoping that it won't be lost AGAIN!

So, I had lunch today with my "19 month friend". She re-did her medical exam in mid December. Today she got an actual snail mail letter dated January 20 from the Consulate General telling her she needed to re-do her medical! Hopefully, this is just the official notification she never got back in the fall, but who knows...the saga continues in February, I guess.

Well, here it is now April 2012 and we had lunch together again today. The saga continues like this...CIC told her MP that while she (principal applicant) had to redo her medical, they were waiving the requirement for her children to do so and extending their meds for a year (no official cic communication on that to her; just a word from her MP). And as I mentioned back in January she did re do the meds, THEN got a letter from cic a month later asking her to re do them.

Her DMP followed up in mid March with cic and told my friend that the meds had been received and that she was approved (no official cic notification though).

So she finally gets some sign that the end is in sight, right? Yesterday, she received mail from cic. Thinking it was her COPR she opened it with relief and a bit of excitement. Want to guess what the dang letter said????

They are now requesting that her children redo their medicals! I feel so bad for what she is going through; and truly can not understand how her processing has gone SO wrong.

She has contacted her MP again. They have, fortunately, documented much of her case and will contact cic again on her behalf and follow up with her next week.

Timemachine

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
Jenny parsely said:
Time Machine, did you see " In process" status on cic website before you received ur PPR ?

Hi Jenny, nope, it still says "application recieved" so the ppr was quite a pleasant surprise!

Thanks CalgaryBound, congrats to you too, finally! :)

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
For those of you who recently sent their passport to Buffalo and are dying to know about other people's timeline (I know I did!):
I finally got my passport back with COPR today! I mailed them out with Xpress mail on Apr 19, Buffalo received Apr 20. So two weeks and a bit for processing time.

Now all I need to do is land... :D

Congrats to all the recent PPRs!! Hope everyone a fast process.

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
Holy crap Decembers getting thru?! :eek:

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
doghouse said:
For those of you who recently sent their passport to Buffalo and are dying to know about other people's timeline (I know I did!):
I finally got my passport back with COPR today! I mailed them out with Xpress mail on Apr 19, Buffalo received Apr 20. So two weeks and a bit for processing time.

Now all I need to do is land... :D

Congrats to all the recent PPRs!! Hope everyone a fast process.
March? Otherwise that's a really long wait D:

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was recently asked to submit a renewed fbi record and also to submit copies of canadian sponsor's passport or citizenship card. I did submit these two things earlier with my application. Any idea why the copies of the canadian sponsor's passport or citizenship card is needed. I submitted fbi fingerprint record check today. Hope it gets done soon. Really stressed. Thanks.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leodr said:
I was recently asked to submit a renewed fbi record and also to submit copies of sponsorship's passport or citizenship card. I did submit these two things earlier with my application. Any idea why the copies of sponsorship's passport is needed. I submitted fbi fingerprint record check today. Hope it gets done soon. Really stressed. Thanks.
Police certificates expire after one year so if it has been a year since it was issued, that may be why they asked for a new FBI background check.

Regarding the passport, can you copy/paste the request they made (removing personal details) so we can better help you and tell us also what the nationality is of the person being sponsored? If the person being sponsored is from a country that needs a visa to enter Canada they may be issuing the visa; they may also need it to run a more detailed background check. Hence additional details may help us help you.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
This next Tuesday will be 4 weeks since LA received our passports, and on Wednesday our medicals expire. Why is it taking LA so long to return our passports? ARGH.

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me whether can I call buffalo immigration office to know my file status? and also want to make sure whether they have received my FBI Police clearance letter? Is it a good idea to call?

I also want to know which is the best number to contact buffalo consulate office?

Please advise

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
Isometry said:
March? Otherwise that's a really long wait D:
Wow! My brain is really fried from obsessing over CIC stuff. haha. Yes. Sent out passport March 19, received by Buffalo March 20. Got it back yesterday :)

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
AllisonVSC said:
Hi guys, just popping back in after a long absence. Hope everybody is well and processing good news is coming in. I haven't heard many posts here but wanted to update the long time readers on a situation. You may remember my last posts back in January where I mentioned my girlfriends and their trouble with processing. Here is a bit of that old post.

Quote from: AllisonVSC on January 18, 2012, 04:44:56 pm
You are right ddobro. It was two other friends who had the missing x-ray/"magically got TB" experience. One is landed finally; the other is in month 19 with no end in sight yet..... My "19 month friend" is pretty lackadaisical about the whole thing since she went to meet with her MP. I encouraged her back in November to get her notes and see what is really going on, but she hasn't done it. She did re-do her medical and submitted it and is hoping that it won't be lost AGAIN!

So, I had lunch today with my "19 month friend". She re-did her medical exam in mid December. Today she got an actual snail mail letter dated January 20 from the Consulate General telling her she needed to re-do her medical! Hopefully, this is just the official notification she never got back in the fall, but who knows...the saga continues in February, I guess.

Well, here it is now April 2012 and we had lunch together again today. The saga continues like this...CIC told her MP that while she (principal applicant) had to redo her medical, they were waiving the requirement for her children to do so and extending their meds for a year (no official cic communication on that to her; just a word from her MP). And as I mentioned back in January she did re do the meds, THEN got a letter from cic a month later asking her to re do them.

Her DMP followed up in mid March with cic and told my friend that the meds had been received and that she was approved (no official cic notification though).

So she finally gets some sign that the end is in sight, right? Yesterday, she received mail from cic. Thinking it was her COPR she opened it with relief and a bit of excitement. Want to guess what the dang letter said????

They are now requesting that her children redo their medicals! I feel so bad for what she is going through; and truly can not understand how her processing has gone SO wrong.

She has contacted her MP again. They have, fortunately, documented much of her case and will contact cic again on her behalf and follow up with her next week.
This is horrible... :eek:

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Calm down, oldlovey, or your house will be in danger in a few months' time! :p

You're added to our spreadsheet. Welcome to the Buffalo club and good luck - that's what we all need! :)

oldlovey said:
Reading this thread, makes my anxiety about the process a a teensy bit less than it is. I am ever so happy for the approved applications, and for the love that is able to flourish!

We are a relatively young couple, that sent in our application on January 21st, 2012 and it was received in MISS on January 25th, 2012.
I am waiting every so (im)patiently for any sort of confirmation. Hopefully it will be here soon enough.

My entire body is shaking as I am writing this and thinking about it!