+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
For May/June applicants: what do they tell you when you send an inquiry? Did you have to send new docs?
They told me that they got an extension for my medical. Mine expires April 12th. So I assume they won't be done before then. :mad:

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
My medicals were done at the back end of 2010 :eek: so when they asked me for updated police certificates in January I would have presumed if they needed updated medicals that they would have asked for them then????

So my honest answer is I don't know but I hope they have. It doesn't even show as meds recieved on Ecas. Although I know they have them because right at the beginning I was asked to send in a copy of the front page imm something or other which should have been included in the application but wasn't.

Does the phrase "lap of the gods" mean anythng to anyone?!!!!!

Regarding enquiries (all done via email) I asked for my file number, which they replied to and gave me (just a basic good morning here is your file number we already sent it to you on xxxx date goodbye). Then when I recieved my request for updated docs (via snail mail) I noticed that on the information page that they had in there for me, they had my email address wrong (explaining why I didn't get the AOR when they said they had sent it). So I sent them another email to the enquiry address and asked them to ammend the adrdess they have on record, which i had no response to so I have no idea if they got it or not.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
York Region said:
Lets count how many people from May 2011 still waiting:) i am number 1
Still waiting :)
Received my 4th notes generated on feb 14th...nth started but medical.
Due date for the rest assessments is July 20th 2012...exactly 1 yr from they received my app in buffalo.

Still checking emails regularly. I have much more patience now...

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
kourts said:
Does anyone from may still waiting have ecas updated to in process at least?
Mine still application receveived
However they replyed through email that my aplication is in process

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I emailed them about mine in January I believe, and they said mine was in process. But then it changed on ecas in February that they started processing it February 16th.

DCGelfling

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2012
File Transfer...
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012
Passport Req..
03-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
30-12-2012
Eeeee! ;D

My fingerprints arrived at the FBI about 4 weeks ago. They processed my credit card on March 19 so I figured from previous posts that I had about a month to go, but my clearance arrived today! I hope this is a sign of how things will go with the rest of the process.

I ordered 2 copies, just in case. One goes in the mail to DH on Monday, and hopefully his Option C will show up by the time my PCC does, and we will be ready to submit! If by some horrible chance the PCC doesn't make it, the second copy comes with me when I visit him in May.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
York Region said:
Mine still application receveived
However they replyed through email that my aplication is in process
They said that to me last year lol

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Your thing says app in process July 29th, is that when it changed to in process. or was that when you got an email from them saying it was in process?

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
kourts said:
Your thing says app in process July 29th, is that when it changed to in process. or was that when you got an email from them saying it was in process?
Got email from them saying that lol
They might reading my doc letter by letter, and one letter per day...

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kourts said:
Does anyone from may still waiting have ecas updated to in process at least?
We sent everything in May and my husband's application has been in process since Oct. 11, 2011. All of this is baffling to me, especially since they already said that the interview had been waived. What could they possibly be doing? They have all the info and payments they need.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
We sent everything in May and my husband's application has been in process since Oct. 11, 2011. All of this is baffling to me, especially since they already said that the interview had been waived. What could they possibly be doing? They have all the info and payments they need.
That scares me, thinking that I could be waiting that long as well. When mine went in process I thought any day now, but I was wrong.

throwmyapples

Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-19-11
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-26-11
File Transfer...
09-27-11
Med's Done....
06-17-11
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-11
LANDED..........
06-01-12
B4

Hey guys! We have a departure date of June 1, as my partner's COPR is good until June 16th and we'd like to leave some wiggle room.
We never did get an email or letter explaining that a decision had been made or anything like that, just the COPR. Strange! ???

Anyhow!

My main question is this: I've been living in the U.S. (dual citizen) with my partner (U.S. citizen and soon-to-be PR of Canada), and I know that I will be needing to fill out a B4 just like she (my partner) will since I've been gone just about 9 years now. How do we go about each having a B4/B4A when we have co-owned most things for 5+ years? We are arriving together in my car, which is the only thing I can honestly say is just MINE, so I'm not sure whether our other accompanying goods should be claimed as the returning resident's items or the settling immigrant's items. Is there any way to just have one list/form?

Bonus question: I'm also wondering if anyone has a pdf/photocopy of their B4 they could share. I'm lost with how much detail to go into and right now we have cataloged every one of our DVDS/Books which I'm starting to think is TOO much detail. I don't want to be too general either though, like "Kitchen items = $425" if that would be seen as incomplete.

Thank you!!!

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Bonus question: I'm also wondering if anyone has a pdf/photocopy of their B4 they could share. I'm lost with how much detail to go into and right now we have cataloged every one of our DVDS/Books which I'm starting to think is TOO much detail. I don't want to be too general either though, like "Kitchen items = $425" if that would be seen as incomplete.
I've seen a lot of people say that they do just that kitchen items= 425. you don't need to list each dvd and book separately.

as far as the other question,I'm not really sure.Hopefully someone else can help you out with that.

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
Re: B4

throwmyapples said:
Hey guys! We have a departure date of June 1, as my partner's COPR is good until June 16th and we'd like to leave some wiggle room.
We never did get an email or letter explaining that a decision had been made or anything like that, just the COPR. Strange! ???

Anyhow!

My main question is this: I've been living in the U.S. (dual citizen) with my partner (U.S. citizen and soon-to-be PR of Canada), and I know that I will be needing to fill out a B4 just like she (my partner) will since I've been gone just about 9 years now. How do we go about each having a B4/B4A when we have co-owned most things for 5+ years? We are arriving together in my car, which is the only thing I can honestly say is just MINE, so I'm not sure whether our other accompanying goods should be claimed as the returning resident's items or the settling immigrant's items. Is there any way to just have one list/form?

Here is a thread about the B4/B4a form. I don't know how to answer your main question (I'm sorry) as I am going through the process too, but I found this thread helpful, and there is a photocopy of someones B4 as well! Hope it helps!

Thank you!!!
Here is a thread about the B4/B4a form. I don't know how to answer your main question (I'm sorry) as I am going through the process too, but I found this thread helpful, and there is a photocopy of someones B4 as well! Hope it helps!