+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

knduteau

Mar 8, 2012
Timemachine said:
Was just reading this PPR letter in more detail and I noticed a few things, and am wondering if anyone with experience with gettting their COPR, especially from Seattle has any insight:

1) firstly, i noticed that they do not request any immigration photos to be sent. From what i reacall, usually you are asked to submit two more photos, and a paper indicating, height, eye color, hair color, etc. with the PPR. Do you not need to do this for Seattle?

2) It says here that applicants from visa exempt countries do not need to submit passports, only copies of every page of the passport. It goes on to give instructions on sending a prepaid envelope for them to send your passport back to you. My question is, if you are from a visa exempt country and you send the photocopies instead, should you still send the prepaid envelope for them to send your COPR back in?

Thanks!
1) You should have supplied immigration pictures when you sent in your application. If not send them in with your ppr.

2) Yes include a prepaid envelope. It is not necessary but it allows you to track your things and will get back to you sooner.

you have sent me a couple messages but for some reason the site doesnt allow me to send personal messages, so im sorry i havent replied... GOOD LUCK!!!!

Timemachine

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
I think it's cause you have to have a minimum number of posts before they let you do anything fun :) no worries, thanks for the response and have a good landing day tomorrow!!

bloodyguitars

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Has anyone gone to Seattle office personally for PR visa and received the same day service? If so please shed some light on it, as it seems like they DONT provide same day service. Can anyone support/reject this claim?

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Congratulations to all who recently received postive news! 8)
And best of luck to all who are waiting! :-*

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Yes to reiterate the above, many congrats to those eho have their ppr!

I emailed Buffalo a couple of days ago asking them if they need anything else (you can read into that "I emailed Buffalo just to keep some contact and hope that ppr might arrive sometime soon ;)) and my heart skipped a beat when I recieved a reply a day later.

Then the heart started working again when I actually read the email which was just a generic "we'll tell you when there's something to tell" email.

Sigh - I'm getting great at being patient :)

Minnow

Jan 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Passport Req..
22-03-2012
We got our PPR this morning!!!!!!!! Something must be in the water this week!!! Our app stayed in Buffalo and it took 17 days (including weekends) after going to "in process." I believe we sent the required amount of photos with our original app (8 photos?) but we are still being asked to send 2 recent photo's with passport. We only have 30 days to send the passport (or a photocopy of all pages of passport). It also says it must be submitted by mail (underlined in bold). Good luck to everyone, Buffalo and Seattle are on a roll this week!!!!!!!!!!

homi2285

Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
before sending the application in July 2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2012
Hi everyone,

This is the first time that I post here but could you please let me know if my timeline for PR application is normal:

Application for permanent residence reveived at Buffalor office on July 5, 2011
Started processing application on January 12, 2012.
Medical results, FBI report have been received.

They recently asked my husband to pay the right of PR fees on Feb 27th.

He paid to Missisuaga office right on that day. I emailed Buffalo office couple of days later and they said "they are in receipt of my Right of Permanent Residence fee payment" . I thought that I will hear back from them a week or so after but until now, my application is still In Process.

Please advice if this is a normal timeline or is it longer than usual?
Also, does being asked to pay Right of PR fees mean that I'm guaranteed to get PR ?

I would really appreciate any insights that you might have.

Thank you so much in advance

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
homi2285 said:
Hi everyone,

This is the first time that I post here but could you please let me know if my timeline for PR application is normal:

He paid to Missisuaga office right on that day. I emailed Buffalo office couple of days later and they said "they are in receipt of my Right of Permanent Residence fee payment" . I thought that I will hear back from them a week or so after but until now, my application is still In Process.

Also, does being asked to pay Right of PR fees mean that I'm guaranteed to get PR ?

. Are you in Canada now on visa?

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
Minnow said:
We got our PPR this morning!!!!!!!! Something must be in the water this week!!! Our app stayed in Buffalo and it took 17 days (including weekends) after going to "in process." I believe we sent the required amount of photos with our original app (8 photos?) but we are still being asked to send 2 recent photo's with passport. We only have 30 days to send the passport (or a photocopy of all pages of passport). It also says it must be submitted by mail (underlined in bold). Good luck to everyone, Buffalo and Seattle are on a roll this week!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Minnow!! I think NYC is going very slow.. Don't know how much more time its is going to take..

homi2285

Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-12-2012
York Region said:
. Are you in Canada now on visa?
Hi,
No, I'm still working in the State.

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
knduteau said:
you have sent me a couple messages but for some reason the site doesnt allow me to send personal messages, so im sorry i havent replied... GOOD LUCK!!!!
Yes, now you have 10 posts you can reply back to people. :)

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Congrats Minnow!! ;D

HELP
GOT EVERYTHING READY TO MAIL IN....WENT TO THE POST BUT AS I THOUGHT CAN NOT GET US postage there for a prepaid envelope

On my letter it says ( from Seattle)
If your address is in Canada, the Consulate will return your passports via United States Postal Service First Class Mail. Please enclose a self-addressed return envelope (the envelope must measure at least 8.5 x 11 inches).
Someone said send a prepaid....but I cannot since Canada post said they can only give me an international due postage thing they can turn in at an US post office....they sure will not want mess with that....rolls eyes

So from the letter they senT should I just send in a self addressed envelope...( not postage paid)

note I do not want it Fed ex...as THEY NEVER EVER bring my fed rex stuff up to our apartment.....have had numerous times they either just drop it on the front...gave it to the people downstairs ( they are shady) sent stuff back to the US and on and on...no matter how I filled out numerous details for delivery...and noets on the door blah blah blah ...this is too important to try fed ex again after prob 5 f up's ( xmas gifts ect)

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
homi2285 said:
Hi everyone,

It seems a little longer than on average but some people on this forum have been waiting since May! :(

Have a look at the spreadsheet if you want to compare--> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLSRv0c&pli=1&key=0AshtbJBRA_XjdFN3aHBiTDNpMEZFVmoxRnc0ZWZBY2c&hl=en&authkey=CLSRv0c#gid=0

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
gypsy:

Could you have FedEx send it somewhere else? A parents/friends house, maybe? As long as it goes to someone who can give it to you, that should work.

If you just give them a self-addressed envelope, you'll get the passport back but you won't get tracking. And really, when you're mailing your passport internationally, you probably want tracking.

homi2285

Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-12-2012
calissons said:
It seems a little longer than on average but some people on this forum have been waiting since May! :(

Have a look at the spreadsheet if you want to compare-->
Thank you very much Calissons. Also back to one of my original questions. Does being asked to pay the Rights of PR mean that I'm guaranteed to get the PR?