Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
We ALSO got an email this afternoon about my file being transferred to Seattle. I pray I do not have to go for an interview as it is sooooooo far away from where we live.
I hope this is good news.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Mark5 said:
Not easy at the interview but we made it. PR Visa in Passport Yey!!
Congratulations! I know it's not easy, but I believe one would treasure the outcome more after the interview. Would you care to share the experience? Did they do tricky questions on you?

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Mark5 said:
Very happy for you!! :) And I second the whole, care to share your experience with the interview?

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
Mark5 said:
Congrats on a successful interview!!

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. I am back to ask a quick question. I had used the case specific inquiry to let CIC know about the birth of our son, and also to ask if they had received the RPRF we sent them back in October (we had faxed the receipt to Mississauga and Buffalo but didn't hear anything again).

They told us via email to forward the RPRF receipt again, so we emailed it to them. Then they told us that additional documents were needed for our baby and that we would receive instructions in the mail. I responded by asking what they needed, because I could email it to them. They then said that they needed his birth certificate. I sent it as an email attachment, then asked if it was sufficient or if they needed the long form certificate (which I had just ordered and was waiting to receive). The only response was "This information will be placed on your file."

In the meantime I received our baby's long form certificate in the mail, then yesterday we received a letter from Buffalo asking for the long form birth certificate (of course... sigh).

After all that my quick question is this: should I send his long form birth certificate via email, snail mail, or both? If snail mail, should I sent it via Express Post?

Thank you for your help!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, that's how they always are. You ask them if you should send them something, they ignore or deflect the question, then request it later ::) I would personally send it both ways. Your child was born in the U.S. to a Canadian citizen and an American citizen?
kitchloo said:
Hello everyone. I am back to ask a quick question. I had used the case specific inquiry to let CIC know about the birth of our son, and also to ask if they had received the RPRF we sent them back in October (we had faxed the receipt to Mississauga and Buffalo but didn't hear anything again).

They told us via email to forward the RPRF receipt again, so we emailed it to them. Then they told us that additional documents were needed for our baby and that we would receive instructions in the mail. I responded by asking what they needed, because I could email it to them. They then said that they needed his birth certificate. I sent it as an email attachment, then asked if it was sufficient or if they needed the long form certificate (which I had just ordered and was waiting to receive). The only response was "This information will be placed on your file."

In the meantime I received our baby's long form certificate in the mail, then yesterday we received a letter from Buffalo asking for the long form birth certificate (of course... sigh).

After all that my quick question is this: should I send his long form birth certificate via email, snail mail, or both? If snail mail, should I sent it via Express Post?

Thank you for your help!

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Mark5 AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to be confident that one's bases are covered, I would also email CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca with the subject line, "Change in Personal Circumstances," as technically, CIC states that one should contact Mississauga whenever these is a change in personal circumstance or family composition, including withdrawing your Sponsorship application, a birth or adoption of a child, and a marriage or a divorce. Obviously your child will not need to "land," as he is already a Canadian citizen.
kitchloo said:
Our son was born here in Canada. I'm Canadian and my husband is American.

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
awor said:
Here's the transfers from buffalo spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/6ntugtf

veronica.law, Shirsho, and g-man, can you tell me if you're inside or outside Canada so I can update that info on the spreadsheet please?
Hi, My husband is in US on work permit and I am a Canadian Citizen. We applied to buffalo. File transferred to NYC yest.

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ddobro2. I'm always afraid that if I send it more than one way, it will delay things even further. I'm probably wrong to think that way, though.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it would. I sent my CSQ to them by email, post, and fax. I was not playing around, lol. This is after they finally requested it in November. I was begging them to tell me if they received it from Quebec for the entire summer (alas, I was using the non-case specific email and not the email address that the VOs actually respond to) and they responded with, "Due to large volumes received, please do not send repeat information/enquiries and do not send the same information/enquiry by different means. This creates confusion and can delay our reply or action required." I don't care what their form emails say, Buffalo is known for losing or misplacing documents, so it's always good to be liberal in your correspondence, as I like to call it. ;)
kitchloo said:
Thanks ddobro2. I'm always afraid that if I send it more than one way, it will delay things even further. I'm probably wrong to think that way, though.