+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

a9753

Dec 20, 2011
If going to submit your passport in person yourself at Buffalo, is only the Principal Applicant able to go in, or can the sponsor as well? If a friend was coming along for the ride, would the friend be allowed as well?

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a9753 said:
If going to submit your passport in person yourself at Buffalo, is only the Principal Applicant able to go in, or can the sponsor as well? If a friend was coming along for the ride, would the friend be allowed as well?
Can you share some info about your case pls?

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hijack your thread, but you guys are one of the more busy threds and our VO's have similar timelines currently.

I had an interview in POS that was successful and my medicals have been recieved as well. They are however going to expire soon, how close to the expiration should I email them? I haven't heard anything from them in almost 2 months, well besides a response to the MP saying " Medicals were received and reviewed, IO is reviewing case for selection decision." It does not appear that they requested background cheacks or they would have mentioned it to the MP or to me at the interview (at the interview I was given two concerns and both have been setttled). If I am to email them what do I say?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whether medical results can be extended making a redo unnecessary and when criminality and security assessments will be underway.
trini777 said:
Sorry to hijack your thread, but you guys are one of the more busy threds and our VO's have similar timelines currently.

I had an interview in POS that was successful and my medicals have been recieved as well. They are however going to expire soon, how close to the expiration should I email them? I haven't heard anything from them in almost 2 months, well besides a response to the MP saying " Medicals were received and reviewed, IO is reviewing case for selection decision." It does not appear that they requested background cheacks or they would have mentioned it to the MP or to me at the interview (at the interview I was given two concerns and both have been setttled). If I am to email them what do I say?

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good idea, I hope I don't put ideas in their heads by metioning background checks though :p

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That they decide the request them after I mentioned that they have not been done.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See, it's not a matter of deciding to request them or deciding not to. Every PR applicant has to go through the same set of basic assessments: medical, criminality/background, security, and assessment of their relationship to the sponsor. So they will get to assessing your background info at some point, if they haven't already. The point is just to speed it all up so you can land, right?
trini777 said:
That they decide the request them after I mentioned that they have no been done.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone is not required to have a RCMP check run on them, they can choose to run one or not, I am hoping they choose not to do so in my case.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't realize you were talking specifically about the RCMP check. You said, "background check," which is certainly not limited to the police check in Canada, so that's why I replied that way. My understanding of how they do the RCMP check is if someone has ever physically been in Canada (and I know that you have), they run a name check and if that doesn't bring up anything, they will probably not ask for you to go and get your prints done and order the police certificate. On the other hand, if the name check does "bring something up" (and I know that language is totally vague and not that too descriptive), they would ask you to supply a police certificate. Whether you want to do that (send the RCMP your prints and pay for the document) proactively or not is up to you, I think.
trini777 said:
Everyone is not required to have a RCMP check run on them, they can choose to run one or not, I am hoping they choose not to do so in my case.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was going to do that and someone told me that I have to wait for them to request it. Oh well, nothing will come uo with a name check my name is uncommon.

Moonlightprancer

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Outland application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O7-11-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
19-01-2012 to Seattle
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2012
Omg omg omg omg !! So excited! Canadian immigration officer just personally called me and asked if I would like my binder of info etc sent back or just then pictures. He said he is and I quote .... " finishing the last touches on my paperwork so u can be with your sweetie" !!!! Asked for us to pay the last fee and send passport!!!! I'm so excited and my husband won't answer the phone for me to tell him! So I thought I would share my excitement with all of u supportive people! He also said that my immigration package was one that was talked about amongst staff because it was so in depth and normally they do not need that much evidence! I explained I was a school teacher and that I am very thorough!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, that is personalized and thoughtful service indeed. You got lucky with that IO! And I'm really surprised that he asked you to pay the RPRF and at the same time to send in the passport, and that those requests were communicated informally.
Moonlightprancer said:
Omg omg omg omg !! So excited! Canadian immigration officer just personally called me and asked if I would like my binder of info etc sent back or just then pictures. He said he is and I quote .... " finishing the last touches on my paperwork so u can be with your sweetie" !!!! Asked for us to pay the last fee and send passport!!!! I'm so excited and my husband won't answer the phone for me to tell him! So I thought I would share my excitement with all of u supportive people! He also said that my immigration package was one that was talked about amongst staff because it was so in depth and normally they do not need that much evidence! I explained I was a school teacher and that I am very thorough!

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moonlightprancer said:
Congrats!!! You see how a well prepared application helps!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Moonlightprancer said:
I see your file is in Seattle. Apparently they're a lot nicer and more communicative out there than at Buffalo! Congrats! :)