Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Right. I got you now. You'll certainly want to land, or 'activate' it before it expires as it cannot be extended.
In my case, I had the option to land that lasted all the way to around mid-April as that was when my immigration medical results would have expired. But why was I going to wait that long? ;)

When you do get your COPR, check the date listed on line 33. That's your expiration date. It should be the same as line 31, which tells you how long your medical results are good for.
bubba said:
By activating it I meant using it to cross, as in activating the OHIP wait period.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
moochops said:
Yup it did!!!!! The letter also has the phrase bolded that states CPC MISSISSAUGA REQUIRES THAT YOUR SPONSOR PAY YOUR RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE.

Congrats on your PPR btw ;D
Been a while, since we paid prior to application, but in my case, 'sponsor' paid, but 'applicant's credit card was used. And since we're married, there's not a lot of distinction to me -- and so it seems to CIC in my case anyway.

I'm guessing that since sponsor sometimes doesn't mean spouse, it might lead to an appearance of 'payment for PR' if applicant paid in those cases.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
I'm working on a spreadsheet for the transfers, it's brand new so it's only my info so far, but wanted to share:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqWjgVnQfJ9adFkxWHNTbm5qeHBBTEtYc2JfemJ1cWc

bubba

Jan 12, 2012
mjh49783aa said:
Right. I got you now. You'll certainly want to land, or 'activate' it before it expires as it cannot be extended.
In my case, I had the option to land that lasted all the way to around mid-April as that was when my immigration medical results would have expired. But why was I going to wait that long? ;)

When you do get your COPR, check the date listed on line 33. That's your expiration date. It should be the same as line 31, which tells you how long your medical results are good for.
I did my medical in January of last year, so I figured it would expire soon. Buffalo told me they got an extension on the results, so with any luck I will have enough time so I can go on a trip and come back by the end of February then cross with the COPR.

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
awor said:
I'm working on a spreadsheet for the transfers, it's brand new so it's only my info so far, but wanted to share:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqWjgVnQfJ9adFkxWHNTbm5qeHBBTEtYc2JfemJ1cWc
You may want to update your spreadsheet. My wife is OUTSIDE Canada right now, in the US.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cantor2537 said:
You may want to update your spreadsheet. My wife is OUTSIDE Canada right now, in the US.
Gotcha, thanks! I thought I saw one of your posts that said you were together, but I have NOT had enough coffee yet this morning!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
That's good to hear as they don't always extend the medical results.
bubba said:
I did my medical in January of last year, so I figured it would expire soon. Buffalo told me they got an extension on the results, so with any luck I will have enough time so I can go on a trip and come back by the end of February then cross with the COPR.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
ddobro2, did you convey the spreadsheet duties onto awor?

Regardless, just a quick note of great thanks for those who do this work. The forum is great, but the spreadsheet really gives you some perspective, and helped me understand what might be happening.

Thank you for all your hard work and effort on this forum.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yooper said:

Regardless, just a quick note of great thanks for those who do this work. The forum is great, but the spreadsheet really gives you some perspective, and helped me understand what might be happening.

I just started a separate one, I'm not doing the main one and I'm not sure I'd have time to properly update it. If ddobro2 wants to hand off the duty and no one else wants to do it, I can try though.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
bubba said:
My medicals expired before the PPR was even sent, and they still gave me that 10 mth window for landing. I wouldn't worry. Seems like they tend to give people at least a good 6 mths on the COPR before it expires, at least out of Buffalo.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got a call from someone who handles immigration at an MP office. You might be wondering why I'm sharing this, given that I already got PPR, but I had contacted this MP before, was told by someone else in that office (not the aide who called me) that they wouldn't work with me because I'm not in their riding, so then I contacted my own MP. So I was pretty surprised when I got a call back (the aide knew I had received PPR because she had apparently looked into my case without my knowing it). We ended up having a conversation about the process at Buffalo and I told her everything I know about the problems applicants face there (and this forum). She told me she'd pass on what I had told her to the minister. :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like someone doesn't have the luck of the Bargeld regarding the police cert ;)
As for that landing fee, seriously I am pretty confident that the term "your sponsor" in that sentence was not inserted with much thought as to how it would be interpreted. The point is that they need the RPRF paid, and most times (I guess) it's the sponsor that does it, or it's at least the sponsor that's acknowledged officially for it.

I said that I paid the fees before, and I totally missed a major caveot. I used my husband's credit card and then deposited the full $1040 in his bank account electronically (I only have a "client card" and I didn't want to use my American credit card, whereas he has a Canadian cc). So technically I paid the fees, although it appears that he did. It was my name on the receipt though.

BUT......I highly doubt that fees would be rejected because the applicant paid them and not the sponsor. CIC just wants to have your money, they don't care who gives it as long as it's authorized. Anyway, especially with Can-Am couples, the sponsors are pretty equivalent financially and are very like to have joint financial accounts, so what's the point? So if you already paid, you need to just bring it to their attention.

moochops said:
Yup it did!!!!! The letter also has the phrase bolded that states CPC MISSISSAUGA REQUIRES THAT YOUR SPONSOR PAY YOUR RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE.

Congrats on your PPR btw ;D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They don't require an RCMP police clearance.
Quince777 said:
When was your police cert taken? Is it FBI or Canadian one that's expired? I have one of my police certs expired and I don't know if I should request a new one or wait until Buffalo requests it.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I didn't. But I can, if s/he or someone else wants to do it. Otherwise, I don't have an issue with still doing it for the time being. If someone posts their timeline and it doesn't make it onto the spreadsheet, just give me a PM and then I will be much more aware of it.
yooper said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, sponsor doesn't always mean spouse as there are other relationships between spousal in the FC category. But I don't understand your point about paying for permanent residence. No one is paying big money like they did in 2002 to forge the now-replaced IMM1000 and come in illegally. We're paying CIC for their efforts ( ::).....) to examine our cases so of course we, the applicants, are paying for (the opportunity, legally, to be examined as candidates for) PR.
yooper said:
I'm guessing that since sponsor sometimes doesn't mean spouse, it might lead to an appearance of 'payment for PR' if applicant paid in those cases.