03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Okay, I think that the living in Canada thing is really a factor in our applications that is making Buffalo decelerate the speed of the process for people like you, me, Calgary-Bound and some others on here (I recall AmericanInQuebec also was living in Canada at some point in the process) vis-a-vis those of us who remain in the U.S.A.

I'm thinking of putting a column in the spreadsheet to note whether someone is residing in Canada at the time they file their application, and perhaps the details of their being here (work permit, study permit, visitor visa, what date they first entered the country).

What do you guys think of this? If you feel this would help clarify some things for us and future applicants and it's worthwhile to include, or if you think it's not necessary or inappropriate to include, let me know.

I am in Toronto. But I think it's also about application's citizenship

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Quince777 said:
To be honest I find it so hard being in Canada on a visitor permit and not being able to work. Especially for people of my age who don't have children yet staying at home doing what I have no idea :(
Indeed :D

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
That's a very good question. Back when I was going through the application, I simply just listed my address in the States where I was living, and although they gave me a visitor record once we announced to the border that we were going through all the immigration paperwork, I still went back and forth across the border like before. However, how would they really know for sure whether or not I was actually living here or not, other than by my word alone? I didn't have to leave until the expiry date listed on the visitor record, so I can't say whether you're being there or not really has any bearing with how long it takes to have your file processed - although I can imagine that it could.

But then again, we did file outland so that we wouldn't have to wait for as long as the people filing inland do, as the people doing the inland apps are already in Canada, so what's the rush, right?

So, after giving as much thought as I can to the question at hand, I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to what the answer may be. I can only offer my thoughts on the matter, and hope it's worth something.
ddobro2 said:
Okay, I think that the living in Canada thing is really a factor in our applications that is making Buffalo decelerate the speed of the process for people like you, me, Calgary-Bound and some others on here (I recall AmericanInQuebec also was living in Canada at some point in the process) vis-a-vis those of us who remain in the U.S.A.

I'm thinking of putting a column in the spreadsheet to note whether someone is residing in Canada at the time they file their application, and perhaps the details of their being here (work permit, study permit, visitor visa, what date they first entered the country).

What do you guys think of this? If you feel this would help clarify some things for us and future applicants and it's worthwhile to include, or if you think it's not necessary or inappropriate to include, let me know.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
ddobro2 said:

I'm not sure in what sense you mean "living" but sans Christmas 2011 vacation with family in Michigan when I already had PR, I've been in Canada since April 2010 otherwise, and as you can see app was filed in May.

Honestly it's like watching climate models unfold, and ultimately fail, to predict the future of too many variables, in this sense, there's no single or such single-handed determinant of time like one's current stay in Canada. Quite a number of people have different criminal backgrounds, are being sponsored from a spouse in/out of Quebec, have different social workers who work at different paces, there's many reasons that hold up an app, I just hope yours gets resolved soon. :)

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I received my PPR letter from Buffalo. It's the old 30-days to send either the passport or photocopies of the entire document.

We cried, danced, and jumped as I am still visiting my wife in BC. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prayers to you all waiting. I know it's hard. We didn't expect it today.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
My actual letter (minus the file info and name header)

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to finalise your application.

Within the next 30 days please submit your passport(s) or a photocopy of all passport pages for you and your accompanying family members.

We also require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport photocopies as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to our mailing instructions for further information.

Please note, though your passport(s) or passport photocopies are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and you must become a Permanent Resident on or before that date. The validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Passport requirements

Photographs, height and eye colour

Instructions for passport submission

Important notice for family members

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration

Consulate General of Canada

Consulat général du Canada

Buffalo, New York

sandraqi

Jun 7, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo/ New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2011 Buffalo, transferred to New York on 16-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2011
Passport Req..
05-March-2012
I received an email from CIC as below:

In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:
Canadian Consulate General
1251 Avenue of the Americas
Concourse Level
New York,

will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.

Is there anyone's file forwarded to New York before? The office we requested before is Buffalo. Why transfer to New York?

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
sandraqi said:

In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:
Concourse Level
New York,

will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.

Is there anyone's file forwarded to New York before? The office we requested before is Buffalo. Why transfer to New York?
We were transferred to LA. Buffalo is quite busy now so they are offloading their workload to other satellite offices. Doesn't mean anything except that it may be faster processing.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Does my letter mean I cannot fly to Buffalo, and submit in person?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Does my letter mean I cannot fly to Buffalo, and submit in person?
Check the links. When I got PPR the link for "Instructions for passport submission" explained how to either submit in person for by mail.

Also, congrats!

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
Check the links. When I got PPR the link for "Instructions for passport submission" explained how to either submit in person for by mail.

Also, congrats!
Haha! In my excitement, I had not even done that yet!!
Thank you!

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
eeeeeeeelectric said:

This morning I received my PPR letter from Buffalo. It's the old 30-days to send either the passport or photocopies of the entire document.

We cried, danced, and jumped as I am still visiting my wife in BC. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's great news!!! Come on Buffalo!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, things are rolling along on here. While I still don't have PPR, I got an e-cas update from the e-cas tracker saying, "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

Hmn, very unusual to get "decision made" before PPR. I'll take it though.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats eeeeeeeeeeelectric :)
eeeeeeeelectric said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, many have. Or to LA, Detroit, or Seattle. These are just Buffalo's satellite offices. As the letter states, apparently it's to expedite processing. Why they transfer for some but not for others remains a mystery. You shouldn't contact Buffalo any longer regarding your file - use the contact info for NYC.
sandraqi said:

Concourse Level
New York,