Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMM0008 has barcodes on it? I might be blind or something because I don't see it. I did include IMM0008 in my application of course, but it was a previous version before they updated the forms.
Quince777 said:
I had to look at my photocopies to find out. It's IMM 0008 form.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
IMM0008 has barcodes on it? I might be blind or something because I don't see it. I did include IMM0008 in my application of course, but it was a previous version before they updated the forms.
Yes, it automatically generates several barcodes when you fill it out but I'm not sure when this procedure took effect. I'm trying to figure out if those applicants who submitted their apps after you had used these new forms.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, ok. I'm not sure that it's playing a role in which applications are dealt with faster because jbruce mentioned that he had filled out the old forms in July right before he saw that they had been replaced with new versions a few days later. That wouldn't explain why June people are being processed so fast.
Quince777 said:
Yes, it automatically generates several barcodes when you fill it out but I'm not sure when this procedure took effect. I'm trying to figure out if those applicants who submitted their apps after you had used these new forms.

krista2011

Oct 20, 2011
The new forms came out in September. I only remember this because we had originally filed out the old forms, and then by the time we were ready to submit the new forms were out.

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
krista2011 said:
The new forms came out in September. I only remember this because we had originally filed out the old forms, and then by the time we were ready to submit the new forms were out.
yep, same boat for me. ended up re-doing probably 60% of the forms because of that! :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see what you're talking about now on the forms list page:

Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms

To ensure you submit all the pages:

IMM 0008:
a.Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.

b.A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
c.Print, sign and date the form. ◦Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
◦Use of a laser printer is recommended

d.Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.

Other forms:

Use the Document Checklist to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.

Quince777 said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the barcoded forms (I'm sure CIC has gone through various iterations of their forms), the webpage that lists them says, "Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form."

Could be that the rest of the forms besides 0008 were updated in September.

Usually when they come out with new forms, they give you a deadline as to when you absolutely must start using the new ones instead of the old ones. That's due to cases where people complete the documentation right before the form versions are updated. I've heard of people even filing out and printing the forms and holding on to them for a year before they could mail the whole package.

krista2011 said:

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I have just received my COPR from Detroit today, and I will be landing in two days!

It also looks like everything we put into the application that was not the application itself; chat logs, phone bills, photographs, marriage certificate, etc.... all came back as well.

Detroit also sent an 'important notice' letter, stating they they put a visa in my passport, but upon looking through the passport, no visa was found. (which was expected) I guess I'll have to talk to someone at the border about that, because I'll be wanting a SIN number on Monday, driver's licence, etc....
krista2011 said:

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
I have just received my COPR from Detroit today, and I will be landing in two days!

It also looks like everything we put into the application that was not the application itself; chat logs, phone bills, photographs, marriage certificate, etc.... all came back as well.

Detroit also sent an 'important notice' letter, stating they they put a visa in my passport, but upon looking through the passport, no visa was found. (which was expected) I guess I'll have to talk to someone at the border about that, because I'll be wanting a SIN number on Monday, driver's licence, etc....
Congratulations!

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
does anyone know the Security & Criminality Checks is before or after genuinity of relationship checks ? Also dose Medical before them?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really think there's no hard and fast rule about what they choose to start checking first. It depends on the file. Are you seriously still waiting since freakin January? Do you know what's making it take so long?
pmary said:
Hi
does anyone know the Security & Criminality Checks is before or after genuinity of relationship checks ? Also dose Medical before them?

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
mjh49783aa said:
I have just received my COPR from Detroit today...<snip>...I'll have to talk to someone at the border about that, because I'll be wanting a SIN number on Monday, driver's licence, etc....
I received my SIN# with passport and COPR form just a couple of days after landing (just recently).

I waited about an hour at Service Canada in Vancouver (Main/11th). Had a very helpful agent. He was a supervisor of some sort, helping out to keep waits down.

He looked at my COPR, and then inspected my passport, looking for the counterfoil. He said I had to have it, and then started showing me the on-line system they had and the instructions that he was bound to follow. I made a clear, polite statement to him that the counterfoil was eliminated as of 1 Dec 2011, and that this was no longer available to me. He went off and checked around, and was advised to read the section about 'visa-exempt' countries more carefully. He found information there that allowed him to finish processing. He gave me a form, and told me SIN card itself would arrive in about 8 weeks.

I was the first person he'd handled from a visa-exempt country without counterfoil. I was quite glad that I was informed (by this forum) and persistent (but polite).

Congratulations, btw!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Thanks! :)
yooper said:
I received my SIN# with passport and COPR form just a couple of days after landing (just recently).

I waited about an hour at Service Canada in Vancouver (Main/11th). Had a very helpful agent. He was a supervisor of some sort, helping out to keep waits down.

He looked at my COPR, and then inspected my passport, looking for the counterfoil. He said I had to have it, and then started showing me the on-line system they had and the instructions that he was bound to follow. I made a clear, polite statement to him that the counterfoil was eliminated as of 1 Dec 2011, and that this was no longer available to me. He went off and checked around, and was advised to read the section about 'visa-exempt' countries more carefully. He found information there that allowed him to finish processing. He gave me a form, and told me SIN card itself would arrive in about 8 weeks.

I was the first person he'd handled from a visa-exempt country without counterfoil. I was quite glad that I was informed (by this forum) and persistent (but polite).

Congratulations, btw!
Quince777 said:
Congratulations!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Not that it matters now, but I checked E-CAS for the thrill of it, and my status now says 'Decision Made'.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello friends I have a question please give me your ideas. I have all the paper work ready to submit my sponsorship application for my wife except the medical report of my wife. My wife lives in usa and has a student visa. Our application would be out land through buffalo. At present she is out of usa and is in her home country . she would be back to usa after 3 months. My question is Can she submit the medical report from her home country? or it has to be from DMP from USA. Any idea folks please let me know. I will really appreciate it