Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What an amazing (and at times, suspenseful ;)) story, jacobsdennis. I could totally see you and your partner sobbing at the end. Awww, today (or is it yesterday? ;)) is a day you will long remember together, hopefully with many more happy memories to come.

Needless to say, in light of Eddy070's message, I'm glad you mentioned that in your experience you got what I (cautiously) suspected may have happened with Eddy070 - an IA that said an interview was not expected and then a communication that it was in fact requested, and moreover, that you immediately scanned the letter in order to attempt to sort out the conflicting messages and Buffalo fortunately wrote back to you with the answer - confirmation that the latest message requesting an interview trumps the initial assessment "expectation" of finalization without one.

Eddy070, you should definetely attempt to do the same as far as emailing them back on your own goes. But I still suggest being prepared to have an MP make this inquiry for you, especially given the history of your slow-moving file.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Congrats jacobsdennis! Hope you and your partner have a wonderful future together here. :)

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
jacobsdennis- your story made me tear up a little when you got to the visa issuing part!

So glad your landing process was easy. Good luck to you both! :D

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Just emailed ATIP explaining our situation with the GCMS notes and asking (again) for them to be sent. Already got an auto-response, which made me jump.

For some reason everything about this process makes me really nervous. I guess I'm just so worried at this point that we're going to find out some really big, really bad news, or that I'm going to screw up (again). :(

It's probably irrational, though. Probably the only thing holding up our application is that we hadn't paid the RPRF fee, and as soon as that's done being processed (it's been 6 weeks now!) they probably won't have any reason not to give me my PR.

Not that I expect them to do so as soon as the processing is done, but at least there won't be any more hurdles for us to jump... hahahahaha. ha ha.

Please send out some positive vibes that we get our GCMS notes soon and that nothing negative comes from it!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Congrats jacobsdennis! I'm so happy for you both! What a wondeful ending to your story. It's a happy thing that you were called in and you had the presence of mind to offer the new proof you'd brought with you. Also, I can totally understand the sobbing. I starting crying when I got my PPR letter. I can only imagine how much more of a relief it was to hear those words after the wait/stress/interview.

Congrats again! I'll probably do the same (checking in from time to time) so I hope people don't mind! :)

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my goooooooooooosh!

I just got my PPR email! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! ;D :p

I almost can't believe it! I had to read it twice just to make sure it wasn't some sick twisted person sending me a prank email.

What a relief! Now I can move to Canada this month without having to worry about being "in limbo" and having to stash all my stuff somewhere until I'm ready to land.

Oh joy!

I'm going to get my photos taken tomorrow, and I will submit my passport in person on Tuesday at the Buffalo office. I will follow all the very good advice I received on here concerning what to bring/where to go/what time to be there.

So much stress as just disappeared - weeeeeeee!

Thank you everyone for being patient with me and listening to me ramble and helping me out with this process. :)

Be sure I'll be back next week to tell you how the visa issuance went, and then back again to describe my landing experience.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for a PPR or COPR!

HUGS,
Maddy

PS:AmericaninQuebec - looks like we are timeline buddies through and through! I'd bet $5 CAD we have the same VO. ;)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mcmasters said:
PS:AmericaninQuebec - looks like we are timeline buddies through and through! I'd bet $5 CAD we have the same VO. ;)
CONGRATS!!! I did the same thing, I reread the email about 5 times before believing it was real. I kept checking my inbox the rest of the day to make sure I didn't get an, "oops we messed up" email from them.

So happy to hear you got your PPR. My passport package was delivered to Fort Erie this morning, so we'll probably be getting our visas around the same time. Are you going to land next week? If so then we'll really be on the same timeline!

Congrats again!! :)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Just signed into ecas out of curiosity (I'm wondering how long it will take before it says "decision made" if ever), and while my file is still listed as "in process" they updated to show that "Medical results have been received." Oh ecas, you really are pointless. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yayyyy, I'm so happy to see that they didn't keep you waiting for too much longer because of the RPRF payment. Congratulations Maddy!

mcmasters said:

I almost can't believe it! I had to read it twice just to make sure it wasn't some sick twisted person sending me a prank email.

What a relief! Now I can move to Canada this month without having to worry about being "in limbo" and having to stash all my stuff somewhere until I'm ready to land.

Oh joy!

I'm going to get my photos taken tomorrow, and I will submit my passport in person on Tuesday at the Buffalo office. I will follow all the very good advice I received on here concerning what to bring/where to go/what time to be there.

Thank you everyone for being patient with me and listening to me ramble and helping me out with this process. :)

Be sure I'll be back next week to tell you how the visa issuance went, and then back again to describe my landing experience.

HUGS,
Maddy

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha, looks like you sent out some positive vibes enough on your own!
mcmasters said:
Just emailed ATIP explaining our situation with the GCMS notes and asking (again) for them to be sent. Already got an auto-response, which made me jump.

For some reason everything about this process makes me really nervous. I guess I'm just so worried at this point that we're going to find out some really big, really bad news, or that I'm going to screw up (again). :(

It's probably irrational, though. Probably the only thing holding up our application is that we hadn't paid the RPRF fee, and as soon as that's done being processed (it's been 6 weeks now!) they probably won't have any reason not to give me my PR.

Not that I expect them to do so as soon as the processing is done, but at least there won't be any more hurdles for us to jump... hahahahaha. ha ha.

Please send out some positive vibes that we get our GCMS notes soon and that nothing negative comes from it!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, that post was actually directed at Eddy070. Hence all the stuff in there about having an interview waived and later having it un-waived (which doesn't apply to your case) ;)
NYQUE said:
I'm sorry ddobro2 if I didn't explain myself better (now I'm in a better mood after watching an episode of my name is Earl haha), to summarize:
-Application Sent and Received on April 15.
-Sponsorship Approval May 24
-Application Received in Buffalo June 6
-CSQ Issued on June 20
-On 8/3 I received the email confirming the application was received by Buffalo.
-8/12 I received the letter advising a personal Interview is required, my and my wife must attend.
-September I received the first request for my GCMS file and that's where I found out why.

So no, we never received a AI email or letter, after the letter advising about the interview we haven't received nothing, on 12/12 will be 4 months.

B.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Congratulations!

mcmasters said:

Oh joy!

HUGS,
Maddy

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Weird! Seems that with a lot of people's experiences with ecas, given my status on that thing, I probably should've already landed at least a couple of months ago. ;D

Actually, a bad thought did hit me as I was reading this forum: What if I got PPR today? Yes, I know. How could that be bad?!? Well, given this time of year, I want to go to Buffalo to receive my COPR, rather than just mailing off the passport, and waiting until after Christmas to get it back. I don't want to be separated from my wife during the holidays! Meanwhile, I don't know how I will be able to make it to Buffalo, either. :eek:

AmericaninQuebec said:
Just signed into ecas out of curiosity (I'm wondering how long it will take before it says "decision made" if ever), and while my file is still listed as "in process" they updated to show that "Medical results have been received." Oh ecas, you really are pointless. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They usually give you a month to submit the materials. Regardless of where you're sending them from, Buffalo will return the passport to whatever Canadian or U.S. address is on the pre-paid Xpresspost or USPS envelope you provide.
mjh49783aa said:
Weird! Seems that with a lot of people's experiences with ecas, given my status on that thing, I probably should've already landed at least a couple of months ago. ;D

Actually, a bad thought did hit me as I was reading this forum: What if I got PPR today? Yes, I know. How could that be bad?!? Well, given this time of year, I want to go to Buffalo to receive my COPR, rather than just mailing off the passport, and waiting until after Christmas to get it back. I don't want to be separated from my wife during the holidays! Meanwhile, I don't know how I will be able to make it to Buffalo, either. :eek:

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
They usually give you a month to submit the materials. Regardless of where you're sending them from, Buffalo will return the passport to whatever Canadian or U.S. address is on the pre-paid Xpresspost or USPS envelope you provide.
Right. mjh49783aa if you get PPR before Christmas you could totally wait to send it once you're with your wife, as long as you will be with her for at least a 2 or 3 week period. I had 30 days to send mine, but I think I was born without patience and couldn't even be bothered to wait 24 hrs to go get my photos taken (something I will undoubtedly regret when I have to see the state of my hair in the photo on my PR card for years to come).