Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
That means CPCM approved the spousal sponsorship on March 7. As Mississauga immediate forwards the PR portions to visa offices upon sponsorship approval, Buffalo received it on the 17th. I don't know why they are making him wait until December for an interview, but hopefully they can make their decision right then and there and issue the visa while he is still in Buffalo.
makes sense , thanks, ddobro, also did the user "eeeeeelectric" get their PPR?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She hasn't said so. I think I'm caught up with the spreadsheet changes so what's there is accurate.
prophet3 said:
makes sense , thanks, ddobro, also did the user "eeeeeelectric" get their PPR?

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
yeah, didn't you see my reply to you about that back in October?
yes i do , but that was after i sent the first request. and you were right :( , :)

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Not yet. Kind of want to get it after Dec 1 now!

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
thanks, scylla, jstnmlr, and doctorkb! i still haven't made up my mind 100% but emailed Buffalo last night, and received a message this morning at 8:59am. Pretty good!

Good morning,

This is in response to your email below. Please be advised that if you choose to submit your passport in person, your visa will be issued the same day, provided that all fees have been paid and all required documents are in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Immigration Section

doctorkb said:
I think you'll be fine, too... as long as you still "look" like a visitor.

DO NOT bring your goods to land. If you do, you won't look like a visitor, and a best-case scenario is that they charge you import duties on the items that will remain in Canada.

You might consider e-mailing Buffalo and ask their advice. I found that e-mails to the address used to send the PPR were answered VERY promptly and accurately! If you reply and ask if there's any way you could get 24 hour turnaround, then you'd get a better idea.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
isolabella said:
Could really use some advice. I'm trying to decide if I should fly to Buffalo, rent a car and get a hotel to get my visa, at a great expense, so that I can land when I fly back to BC in two weeks from tonight...

OR

If its okay to land in Vancouver with a printout of the PPR, I can even have my goods to bring and bring later forms filled out, and tell the border guard that I didn't have time to mail passport to Buffalo but that I will be mailing it from Vancouver asap.

Thoughts? I can't decide if arriving in Vancouver without Visa will pose a problem, if I should have a return ticket, etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
In fall 2009 I took a one-way flight from Philly to Montreal with no problem. This was well before I was married to a Canadian with a PR app in process. I recall them asking the normal questions at the airport, but otherwise not giving me any hassle about having a 1 way ticket. I may have mentioned I was planning on driving home with my bf (now hubby), but I don't really remember.

Long story short, I really doubt you'd have any problem anyway, but especially not if you tell them that you've got your PPR and will have your PR visa within a few weeks.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, so tell them you are "abandoning" your original access to information request and you absolutely do not want the physical visa file to be removed so as not to disrupt your processing at Buffalo.
prophet3 said:
yes i do , but that was after i sent the first request. and you were right :( , :)

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
prophet3 said:
So they made decision in March 2011 but you have interview in December? Does that make sense?
Prophet, that decision in March was regarding me as a sponsor, not my common-law partner, whom I'm sponsoring. Does this make sense?

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
ddobro2 said:
That means CPCM approved the spousal sponsorship on March 7. As Mississauga immediate forwards the PR portions to visa offices upon sponsorship approval, Buffalo received it on the 17th. I don't know why they are making him wait until December for an interview, but hopefully they can make their decision right then and there and issue the visa while he is still in Buffalo.
Ddobro2, this is EXACTLY what we're praying and hoping for!!! I'm hoping that since in the letter regarding the interview they tell us to bring our passports and birth certificates, I've got EVERY single body part crossed that he gets his visa that same day!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If if they don't, you should not immediately get your hopes up, as one one would hope that they have finished every other assessment they need to do by the time the interview rolls around but one cannot be sure.....I think that's where the GCMS notes can you give you a clue as well.
jacobsdennis said:
Ddobro2, this is EXACTLY what we're praying and hoping for!!! I'm hoping that since in the letter regarding the interview they tell us to bring our passports and birth certificates, I've got EVERY single body part crossed that he gets his visa that same day!!!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
I guess it's going to be a fairly quiet week out of Buffalo with the holiday. Fingers crossed though that there will be a lot of good news coming through at the beginning of December!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
jacobsdennis said:
AW2011, here is my timeline...Hope this helps!

We received your application to sponsor ? on December 20, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on January 19, 2011. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We received the application that you resubmitted on February 25, 2011.

We sent you a letter on March 7, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We received ? application for permanent residence on March 17, 2011 (in Buffalo, NY).

Medical results have been received.

Your interview is December 7, 2011.
Thank you jacobsdennis for your timeline. When did you guys get the interview request and the interview date from Buffalo?
Was it back in March 2011 too? I sincerely hope you'll get PPR right after the interview. Good luck and please keep us posted.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you ever hear back from the new email address you sent to?
AmericaninQuebec said:
I guess it's going to be a fairly quiet week out of Buffalo with the holiday. Fingers crossed though that there will be a lot of good news coming through at the beginning of December!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Did you ever hear back from the new email address you sent to?
Nope. Not a peep. It's definitely not a public address though, because there was no automatic response generated when I sent the email.

I'm hoping I get a response eventually. In the email I asked them if the file was complete (i.e. Meds received, no missing documents, etc.), because I couldn't tell from e-cas since it hasn't been updated since July 13, 2011 (still no update as of 10 am this morning). I'm hoping that this prompts them to check my file, and maybe even do some work on it. As I said though, no response as of yet so who knows if they just deleted it when they saw it was an inquiry.

Still no GCMS notes either, but it's only been 3.5 weeks since I sent the request via email. It would be really nice if the universe gave me a little something this week! Just a little bone to chew on. Haha.