Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
buffalo-toronto said:
PPR!!!!! PPR !!! PPR!!!!!

Finalllyyy Finalllyyyy Finalllyyy!!!

Perfect timing also as I jsut got a job offer and can start in a week's time there. I got the email this morning, like 5 mins back. Some cheer for Feb. applicants finally.
Congrats glad to see one of the oldies go thru.

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
buffalo-toronto said:

Perfect timing also as I jsut got a job offer and can start in a week's time there. I got the email this morning, like 5 mins back. Some cheer for Feb. applicants finally.
Congratulations!! :)

Also, my application was received at CPC-M today. So, the mailing drama is over and now it's just the waiting game. :)

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buffalo-toronto said:

:) Big Congratulations buffalo-toronto . Finally ... :)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
destanova said:
I didn't need to show my counterfoil to get my SIN. Just my COPR was sufficient. I was able to sign up for provincial health care as well with just the COPR.

Also, the COPR wasn't stapled to my passport when I sent it to Buffalo. The CIC officer did that when I landed. Having it stapled into my passport is what made me officially a PR. I imagine that doing away with the counterfoils will mean that the COPR paperwork will be sent to the applicant, and then a landing can happen?
That's what I assumed was the case. I'm going to ignore the person on the other thread and hope that this will be the case. Otherwise it really, truly makes no sense.

And mcmasters I actually would love for that to happen at this point. At this point I really would prefer to wait another week and half to get notice, and then just drive to the border with my COPR, CSQ and passport. I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't be getting a PPR before Thanksgiving anyway! Haha.

Congrats to those who got PPR today.

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got up and checked my email, and had one that looked weird and spam-like, but it was my PPR!!!!

Now have to decide if I'm going to trek up to Buffalo in the next two weeks or if I have to wait til I get back to Canada before sending off my passport. I think with Thanksgiving next week, it may not get returned in time for my flight back to BC.

Do you think I'd get hassled at immigration at the airport if I get there without visa but with PPR email, and send off passport once within Canada? Not sure what the best option is (other than rather costly flight, hotel, rental car in Buffalo).

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yayyyy, saw it in June thread. Good job, Junies, lol. :eek:
isolabella said:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got up and checked my email, and had one that looked weird and spam-like, but it was my PPR!!!!

Now have to decide if I'm going to trek up to Buffalo in the next two weeks or if I have to wait til I get back to Canada before sending off my passport. I think with Thanksgiving next week, it may not get returned in time for my flight back to BC.

Do you think I'd get hassled at immigration at the airport if I get there without visa but with PPR email, and send off passport once within Canada? Not sure what the best option is (other than rather costly flight, hotel, rental car in Buffalo).

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You had a common-law application too, right? If so, that is pretty damn fast considering :)
isolabella said:

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
ddobro2 said:
You had a common-law application too, right? If so, that is pretty damn fast considering :)
Yup, common law app. It seemed like an eternity, but really 5 months and 4 days ain't too bad.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
AW2011 said:
Congratulations! Your PPR is going to be very soon. Prepare for the party!
Congratulations isolabella!!! Now I can say I told you so (on Nov. 1).
Happy all the non-complication May and June people are getting PPR. Keep it coming Buffalo! ;)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, that's really interesting because I'm helping this woman going through Rabat who just got refused on bringing her husband over from Morocco. Reading about the appeals process, I saw a paragraph from one of the immigration consultant sites basically saying that CIC frowns on common-law cases even though they obviously allow it (well, the language was even stronger than that). Seriously, this stuff is like night and day given the visa office involved (and we should all be at least thankful to be going through Buffalo for that reason, regardless of our other gripes with it....).
isolabella said:
Yup, common law app. It seemed like an eternity, but really 5 months and 4 days ain't too bad.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure it's a good idea to narrow down the reason for some people waiting longer on "complications." I've always said that a lot of the reasons behind who gets what when comes down to things beyond our control (there are different IOs, after all, and they are not working identically). Other than that, it does appear to me that the CAIPS to GCMS conversion done several months back has played a role in delaying the older applications, as those applications that came in when GCMS was already in place had an advantage procedurally, and that's obviously not something anyone of us could have controlled.
AW2011 said:
Congratulations isolabella!!! Now I can say I told you so (on Nov. 1).
Happy all the non-complication May and June people are getting PPR. Keep it coming Buffalo! ;)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Didn't get around to asking....did you ever receive AOR (email) or in process (e-CAS)? And if so, when?
egosheep said:
Our rough timeline:

Mailed package June 1st.
Sponsor approved July 8th.
Received letter dated September 29 asking for RPRF.
Sent RPRF around October 15.
PPR email received today, November 17.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you're right, but I guess it was fine anyway, as StateofConfusion got delivery confirmation, according to one of her most recent posts.
cantor2537 said:
Purolator is a courier? I believe you should've sent it to this address:

2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

The address you sent it to is only for Canada Post.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Yaaaaay for buffalo-toronto! Just, yaaaaaaay!!!!

I guess I posted too soon. ;)

Glad to see some poor souls from February are making it through. Making room on the porch for some April applicants, I s'pose...

So if we get done with February before Thanksgiving, maybe, just maaayybee, we'll finish off the March peeps by the end of December?

That would be most awesome. I will send out some positive vibes while I drive through Buffalo on my way to TO today.

Timemachine

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
Getting ready to send in my app (finally)...just a quick question, is there any advantages/disadvantages to sending via Post vs. Courier? ie..which one would be faster/more secure?