+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

mojoliveshere

Jun 20, 2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
Mike she can't immigrate with her things until she is a PR. She may be required to pay duty on them if they do let her in with all of her stuff. She should definitely limit it to a few suit cases. Her dog will require proof of shots being up to date from its vet. She also can't state that she's coming to live with you. She can only come stay with you (i.e. visit) while she awaits her PR. She may need to show proof of application or at least that it has been started (i.e. copies of the application), proof of funds to support herself during her visit, and yes it would likely be helpful if you were there with her (but I don't think 100% necessary).

Also, you will want to do the outland application so that it is processed faster (i.e. stated timeframe of 11 mths instead of 21 for an inland application).

Hope that helps!
Thank you very much, it does help quite a bit. I feel terrible, I have been so overwhelmed with other responsibilities I didn't review the process again until today and realized I had it all wrong!

In terms of her stuff, she has the back of a mid-sized SUV packed full, including a TV and a microwave, and some kitchen items. Mainly just clothing and personal items.

Would she have a problem crossing (in your opinion(s)) if she reinforced that it is only a temporary visit, unless the application is processed quickly, and that she intends to leave after 6 months? Or do you think it is a better option to store her possessions in the US and come across as only a short term visitor, me then going to get the stuff at a later date?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Mike

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
AmericaninQuebec said:
Good advice! I ended up using my Fxxxx Bxxxxx as the subject line since I wasn't certain what to put.

How long did it usually take them to respond to your emails?
Sometimes on the next morning(asking for status, file number etc etc) , sometimes 1 month later(update my information, including changes of my passport and extention of visitor record)....hard to say :) (I had both situation)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mojoliveshere said:
Thank you very much, it does help quite a bit. I feel terrible, I have been so overwhelmed with other responsibilities I didn't review the process again until today and realized I had it all wrong!

In terms of her stuff, she has the back of a mid-sized SUV packed full, including a TV and a microwave, and some kitchen items. Mainly just clothing and personal items.

Would she have a problem crossing (in your opinion(s)) if she reinforced that it is only a temporary visit, unless the application is processed quickly, and that she intends to leave after 6 months? Or do you think it is a better option to store her possessions in the US and come across as only a short term visitor, me then going to get the stuff at a later date?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Mike
IMHO items like a TV, microwave and kitchen items scream "I'm coming for longer than a visit". I would leave them in storage.

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
janamay1967 said:
:p :eek: WE GOT THE REQUEST FOR PASSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!
THE EMAIL CAME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

IT IS GOING TO BE A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's get them rolling!

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
janamay1967 said:
This seems to be the "processing department" instead of the F**K off department.
Amazing!

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
Hi!

Long thread is long. However, my husband and I just applied today, and my application will go through Buffalo, so I think I belong here :).

I've been reading...alot (probably a bad plan since it's day 1 and I've already driven myself round the bend a few times) but someone, in maybe this thread, or another, has mentioned that Buffalo has issues with when you pay all of your fees online? Or maybe I misunderstood. Well, we did, and now I am wondering if I should be worried. Anyone have insight on this situation?

Good luck everyone, and speedy processing.

-Jamie

mala16

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2011
AOR Received.
July 25, 2011
File Transfer...
June 9, 2011 Received in Buffalo
Med's Done....
April 21, 2011
Good news here! I received a letter yesterday stating an interview is not necessary. They are requesting state police clearances in all states I lived in since 18-years old. I moved around a lot with going to college (state 1), graduate school (state 2), job #1 (state 3), job #3 (state 4); so I understand.

My husband has gotten a great job in the US so we might actually be staying in the US now. But I do not want this application to go to waste if we decide to move in the next coming years. A separate post yesterday intrigued me by canadianwoman who said I can 'land' and get PR status but live in the US with my husband and that counts as 2 of the 5 years living in Canada (?). Has anyone else heard of this or done this? Where can I find more information out about this?

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hi Mala,

My brother in law is Irish and did this. They lived in Toronto when he applied but moved back to Dublin as things were taking so long. He came back to land, but they stayed on in Ireland for I believe about another 2 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
StateOfConfusion said:
Hi!

Long thread is long. However, my husband and I just applied today, and my application will go through Buffalo, so I think I belong here :).

I've been reading...alot (probably a bad plan since it's day 1 and I've already driven myself round the bend a few times) but someone, in maybe this thread, or another, has mentioned that Buffalo has issues with when you pay all of your fees online? Or maybe I misunderstood. Well, we did, and now I am wondering if I should be worried. Anyone have insight on this situation?

Good luck everyone, and speedy processing.

-Jamie
I don't think that's generally true. We paid all of my husband's fees online and in advance. We had no problems. I think there may have been one case here where Buffalo lost track of a payment. But I definitely don't think that's the norm.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mala16 said:
My husband has gotten a great job in the US so we might actually be staying in the US now. But I do not want this application to go to waste if we decide to move in the next coming years. A separate post yesterday intrigued me by canadianwoman who said I can 'land' and get PR status but live in the US with my husband and that counts as 2 of the 5 years living in Canada (?). Has anyone else heard of this or done this? Where can I find more information out about this?
You have to be careful with that though since your landed immigrant status can be revoked if you do not make Canada your primary residence. But you can find more info here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EA.asp

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
scylla said:
IMHO items like a TV, microwave and kitchen items scream "I'm coming for longer than a visit". I would leave them in storage.
Agreed, especially in a minivan where they'll be visible. I made it across the border once with my husband with about 4 boxes of random stuff in the back of the car, because they didn't ask us to open the trunk. I would leave anything other than what you'd normally bring on vacation at her mom's place or in storage.

Also, I usually give them my U.S. address (i.e. my parents' address at this point) when I cross the border (since they usually ask where you're from), but tell them that I'm staying with my husband while I await the results of my PR application.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
It doesn't count as 2 of the 5 yrs. I think what they meant is that you are allowed to spend up to 2 yrs outside of Canada within a 5 yr period and not lose your PR visa. So if you got your PR visa, landed and then moved a year or two later you would likely be fine. You can't get your PR visa though, and live indefinitely outside of Canada.

mala16 said:
Good news here! I received a letter yesterday stating an interview is not necessary. They are requesting state police clearances in all states I lived in since 18-years old. I moved around a lot with going to college (state 1), graduate school (state 2), job #1 (state 3), job #3 (state 4); so I understand.

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
OMFG, It's going to be an amazing Christmas! I picked up my phone because my wife sent me a text. I looked at my email as I normally due ready delete all the junk and BAM!

PPR! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel a bit of guilt for those of you who were due long before me... but we have no control so all I can say is I know how rough things can be being separated and I can't imagine having to wait as long as some. CIC needs to get their act together.

For those that love the details... It was an email
Subject: F0000****** MIL***, **** **** [mxf/pb] (file#, Full name, some code)
From: BFALOIMPA-AP @ international.gc.ca (I believe someone posted this email the other day.
Body:Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance.

Please submit your passport(s) within the next 30 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. Please note, though your passport(s) is/are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and the landing must take place on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE:

Passport requirements
Photographs, height and eye colour
Instructions for passport submission
Important notice for family members

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Looks like most of the Feb. group is done except for myself and a select few.I have no idea what Im suppose to do about the info they are requesting since they wont give me an answer.

pcdmontreal

May 20, 2011
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Congrats jstnmlr !
I just can't believe that you are the second person who applied in May who receive the PPR lately.
What is Buffalo doing with the older cases, it's unacceptable !