Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh they're gonna LOVE us now!!
janamay1967 said:
Once I received an email from them from an email address that WASN'T the typical mail bot, I began hammering them weekly. I will share the email address. Maybe it will work for you too!

bfaloimpa-ap @ interna​tional.gc.ca

This seems to be the "processing department" instead of the F**K off department.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
janamay1967 said:
Once I received an email from them from an email address that WASN'T the typical mail bot, I began hammering them weekly. I will share the email address. Maybe it will work for you too!

bfaloimpa-ap @ interna​tional.gc.ca

This seems to be the "processing department" instead of the F**K off department.
Bwahahahahaha! :p

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Oh they're gonna LOVE us now!!
You think they'll react a little faster if I sign my name with esq.? I don't usually use my legal signature, since I find it pretentious to do so when it's not a legal document, but I'm wondering if labeling myself as an attorney might make them respond faster (or respond at all).

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea, but you could try. You mean like if they see you're a lawyer, they would have more incentive to work faster on your application and/or respond meaningfully to your email because they believe you have more opportunity to take some kind of legal action against them? I think they care more about MPs that control their funding, honestly.

Anyway, I don't know why they made that address public but looking back at my AOR, which I do NOT believe came from the "F*** you" department, if we may borrow janamay's lingo, it actually has an "unknown sender" (i.e. nothing in the to: field). I think perchance the processing department forgot to blank out the to: field when they responded to janamay and voila, our whole thread now has an email address that we know people who are working on our applications are reading from. So, I'm sure they'll quite enjoy the next few days (I personally do not plan to email them until I get my next batch of GCMS notes at the very least but all of y'all waiting since last year, be my guest). Let us know what kind of response you get.
AmericaninQuebec said:
You think they'll react a little faster if I sign my name with esq.? I don't usually use my legal signature, since I find it pretentious to do so when it's not a legal document, but I'm wondering if labeling myself as an attorney might make them respond faster (or respond at all).

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
I have no idea, but you could try. You mean like if they see you're a lawyer, they would have more incentive to work faster on your application and/or respond meaningfully to your email because they believe you have more opportunity to take some kind of legal action against them? I think they care more about MPs that control their funding, honestly.

Anyway, I don't know why they made that address public but looking back at my AOR, which I do NOT believe came from the "F*** you" department, if we may borrow janamay's lingo, it actually has an "unknown sender" (i.e. nothing in the to: field). I think perchance the processing department forgot to blank out the to: field when they responded to janamay and voila, our whole thread now has an email address that we know people who are working on our applications are reading from. So, I'm sure they'll quite enjoy the next few days (I personally do not plan to email them until I get my next batch of GCMS notes at the very least but all of y'all waiting since last year, be my guest). Let us know what kind of response you get.
More I was wondering if I wrote it in a way that made them think it was an immigration lawyer representing someone they might bother to respond, but I doubt that too since they always say that they don't give any special treatment to files handled by lawyers.

I'm going to send them an email and see what happens. Worst case scenario they ignore me, which won't be much different from what they're doing right now! ;)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But if you email them, they'll see by your name that you're one of their principal applicants, moreover I'm assuming you'd expressly mention that you are inquiring about your own visa application, so why would they think you're someone's legal representative?
AmericaninQuebec said:
More I was wondering if I wrote it in a way that made them think it was an immigration lawyer representing someone they might bother to respond, but I doubt that too since they always say that they don't give any special treatment to files handled by lawyers.

I'm going to send them an email and see what happens. Worst case scenario they ignore me, which won't be much different from what they're doing right now! ;)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
But if you email them, they'll see by your name that you're one of their principal applicants, moreover I'm assuming you'd expressly mention that you are inquiring about your own visa application, so why would they think you're someone's legal representative?
Ahahaha, it's all in the wording. ;) I didn't end up signing it that way, but I did seriously contemplate it. Then I figured they'd just be annoyed once they saw it was my own file.

I sent it about 10 min ago. No automatic response from that email address. Will let you know if I get any response at all.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
AmericaninQuebec said:
Ahahaha, it's all in the wording. ;) I didn't end up signing it that way, but I did seriously contemplate it. Then I figured they'd just be annoyed once they saw it was my own file.

I sent it about 10 min ago. No automatic response from that email address. Will let you know if I get any response at all.
I stopped writing them emails since 1 or 2 months ago...cuz I am afraid it might piss them off lol :D

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
nhl1011 said:
I stopped writing them emails since 1 or 2 months ago...cuz I am afraid it might piss them off lol :D
Well it's been a month since I sent them one (and I hadn't sent them any prior to that), so I feel like it's due. I probably won't sent another for a while, at least not unless I get my GCMS notes and they give me a reason to do so!

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:

I always used "APPLICATION STATUS" as the subject line and made sure I only asked one question per email. I discovered that they only EVER answer the first question you ask. They NEVER respond to requests for address changes... I got pretty good at the Monday morning emails to Buffalo...I might just miss them....NOT!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
janamay1967 said:
I always used "APPLICATION STATUS" as the subject line and made sure I only asked one question per email. I discovered that they only EVER answer the first question you ask. They NEVER respond to requests for address changes... I got pretty good at the Monday morning emails to Buffalo...I might just miss them....NOT!
Good advice! I ended up using my Fxxxx Bxxxxx as the subject line since I wasn't certain what to put.

How long did it usually take them to respond to your emails?

mojoliveshere

Jun 20, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions and am hoping for some knowledgable clarification (everyone here is so helpful). I think we may have made a mistake and I am very concerned about some aspects of her crossing.

1) My wife is on here way here (Victoria, BC) from L.A and will cross on Saturday afternoon as a visitor in Victoria, BC from Port Angeles, WA. I foolishly assumed that this border would be like all others though recently learned that there is not an immigration office there, and she could only technically come in as a visitor. This is a problem as she is bringing her possessions and we had intended to explain her residency application there. What should we do? Should she (and her mother, and her dog) just pretend they are visiting?

2) I read in the past that it is recommended that I join her at her crossing to demonstrate my support for her and help plead our case. Can anyone offer some advice on what to bring/say/do for this process, assuming it is still a good idea?

2) We had planned to file our application before she arrived though there was a long delay in receiving her FBI check. We plan to submit everything from here in the coming days. Just to confirm..it will still be an external/ outgoing application, correct?

Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you very much.

MIke

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
VERY VERY excited to say that my sponsorship application to sponsor my husband...was APPROVED TODAY!! so excited! yyyyyaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mojoliveshere said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions and am hoping for some knowledgable clarification (everyone here is so helpful). I think we may have made a mistake and I am very concerned about some aspects of her crossing.

1) My wife is on here way here (Victoria, BC) from L.A and will cross on Saturday afternoon as a visitor in Victoria, BC from Port Angeles, WA. I foolishly assumed that this border would be like all others though recently learned that there is not an immigration office there, and she could only technically come in as a visitor. This is a problem as she is bringing her possessions and we had intended to explain her residency application there. What should we do? Should she (and her mother, and her dog) just pretend they are visiting?

2) I read in the past that it is recommended that I join her at her crossing to demonstrate my support for her and help plead our case. Can anyone offer some advice on what to bring/say/do for this process, assuming it is still a good idea?

2) We had planned to file our application before she arrived though there was a long delay in receiving her FBI check. We plan to submit everything from here in the coming days. Just to confirm..it will still be an external/ outgoing application, correct?

Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you very much.

MIke
Mike she can't immigrate with her things until she is a PR. She may be required to pay duty on them if they do let her in with all of her stuff. She should definitely limit it to a few suit cases. Her dog will require proof of shots being up to date from its vet. She also can't state that she's coming to live with you. She can only come stay with you (i.e. visit) while she awaits her PR. She may need to show proof of application or at least that it has been started (i.e. copies of the application), proof of funds to support herself during her visit, and yes it would likely be helpful if you were there with her (but I don't think 100% necessary).

Also, you will want to do the outland application so that it is processed faster (i.e. stated timeframe of 11 mths instead of 21 for an inland application).

Hope that helps!

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.