Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janamay1967 said:
:p :eek: WE GOT THE REQUEST FOR PASSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!
THE EMAIL CAME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

IT IS GOING TO BE A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what i'm talking about, Fabulous Christmas indeed..Congratulations

C

Cdn4Ever

Hi:

I've read much (but not all) of this thread. I think it will take a couple of days to digest all of this incredible information.

I already have a couple of questions, and I will probably have more as I get further into this process.

We're currently compiling our documents and wil hopefully be ready to submit the application before the end of this year. We're waiting on the FBI letter.

My questions:

1) I am a dual US/CDN citizen - born in Canada (to a CDN mother and US father). I was raised in Canada for 16 years and since then I live in the US and have only a US Passport and CDN birth certificate. When I have visited Canada I have traveled as a US citizen with my passport. I did live in Canada for one year as an adult, but my birth certificate was sufficient to cross the border, obtain CDN govt documents etc.

I keep reading about the PPR, but I don't have a CDN passport, and obviously my US husband who I am sponsoring doesn't have a CDN passport. How does this affect the PPR stage of the spousal sponsorship process? I don't have a Canadian passport to send them.....

2) We met in person 5 1/2 years ago and have been married 4 1/2 years and during that time we have not taken any pictures with any friends. We have one casual picture with my parents and daughter, but other than that we have maybe 10 pictures of the 2 of us together - digital images on the computer which we will need to print out.

Unlike many of you, we just don't have loads of pictures documenting our relationship. We don't live near friends or family to socialize with on a regular basis - although we get together with out-of-state friends and relatives once in a while. I detest having my picture taken so cameras are taboo when I am around. This was never an issue as I have not spent years attempting to compile photographic evidence of our marriage/relationship. It's real, we just have few photos to prove it.

We have joint tax returns, apt leases but our bills are held in either my name or his name at the same mailing address - I can't think of any joint bills, other than taxes :)

I guess my questions is: if we don't have much interaction with other people, or many photographs of us, and we live together so there is no evidence of a long distance relationship - how do we prove to Canada that we are genuine people in a genuine marriage? Because we are. We are also older (middle-aged) so we don't have years to play a waiting game or engage in a scavenger hunt for "proof." We also have huge work time commitments, as well as school commitments. Wondering if we should even pursue this...is it futile to think we can get approved if we have limited "proof" but our proof is factual, including legal documents?

Thanks for any wisdom you can share! :'(

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
janamay1967 said:
:p :eek: WE GOT THE REQUEST FOR PASSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!

LET the PPRs begin!!!

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Hi everyone! I just received my passport from Fort Erie and I am planning on landing as soon as possible. But I have no idea how. Can I just cross to the Canada-USA border (in vancouver) and "re-enter" to land? Please advise! Thanks!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holy crap! I was just wondering about you and what ever happened with having your son (I know that was so annoying because he was in basic training or overseas or something like that.....?) do his medicals, even though he was not accompanying you. This is awesome - you are one of the older apps so I am soooo happy for you! Congrats janamay.
janamay1967 said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When Buffalo requests passports, they're asking for the U.S. passport of the person being sponsored so they can add the visa to it. It has nothing to do with a Canadian passport or with the sponsor.
Cdn4Ever said:
I keep reading about the PPR, but I don't have a CDN passport, and obviously my US husband who I am sponsoring doesn't have a CDN passport. How does this affect the PPR stage of the spousal sponsorship process? I don't have a Canadian passport to send them.....

C

Cdn4Ever

ddobro2 said:
When Buffalo requests passports, they're asking for the U.S. passport of the person being sponsored so they can add the visa to it. It has nothing to do with a Canadian passport or with the sponsor.
Well, in that case: no problem. We have that :)

THANKS!

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
ddobro2 said:
Holy crap! I was just wondering about you and what ever happened with having your son (I know that was so annoying because he was in basic training or overseas or something like that.....?) do his medicals, even though he was not accompanying you. This is awesome - you are one of the older apps so I am soooo happy for you! Congrats janamay.
LOL I was wondering what happened to me too! I had to bully a Seargent Major in the US Army into getting mys on fingerprinted while in Basic Training! He caught a HUGE amount of shit for that!! Then, we had to wait 8 weeks for the FBI to do their little dance and THEN I had to set up a special FED-EX account to get it to Buffalo 2 Days before they kicked my application out!!!

I bugged them endlessly and now 2 weeks later we are FINISHED!!! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!

My son is doing great in the ARMY and will be protecting the world very soon! LOL

Now I get to tell landing stories! I have been so jealous of everyone who finished faster!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gosh, it seems like every other person who gets PPR has to freakin' pull teeth to do it. Anyway, whatever, it's over! Tell your son we're very thankful for him for protecting us and to stay safe :)
janamay1967 said:
LOL I was wondering what happened to me too! I had to bully a Seargent Major in the US Army into getting mys on fingerprinted while in Basic Training! He caught a HUGE amount of *censored word* for that!! Then, we had to wait 8 weeks for the FBI to do their little dance and THEN I had to set up a special FED-EX account to get it to Buffalo 2 Days before they kicked my application out!!!

I bugged them endlessly and now 2 weeks later we are FINISHED!!! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!

My son is doing great in the ARMY and will be protecting the world very soon! LOL

Now I get to tell landing stories! I have been so jealous of everyone who finished faster!!

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
Now that I have an ounce of time between all the hustle and bustle both good and bad (I landed on Saturday and found out I'm being laid off 2 days later...), here is my landing story:

I took a full week off of work and drove 16 hours (not counting stops) back to Indianapolis from Montréal, spending the night in a hotel in Rochester, NY. I spent most of this week going through everything I had left in my parents' house and designating it as either import now, import later, or give to Goodwill. During this time I also had preparations to make for my best friend's wedding (I was the maid of honor). My husband flew in and joined me the day before the wedding. Fortunately, he has expert packing skills! He helped me load up the car and finalize my lists of goods importing and goods to follow.

The morning after the wedding, we ate brunch with my relatives then took off at about 2pm. Rather than landing at the NY/QC border (and saving gas money, I might add), we were forced to land at the Detroit/Windsor crossing since it was the only place with 24/7 Export Control to export my car on a weekend. We got to Detroit around 9:30pm Saturday, and man is that town creepy! Burnt out and abandoned warehouses and businesses everywhere! The export officers on the US side weren't nice with us at all. They stamped my papers coldly then told me to pull up and wait outside the gate labelled "Return to Canada" and that it could take up to 30 minutes for an officer to come assist me. Having been on the road for so long, I decided to wait outside my car and stretch a bit. Bad decision, apparently! An officer walking towards me started yelling from maybe 30 yards away (of course I couldn't hear him from the wind and nearby highway traffic), telling me to get back in my car. I asked him if I was at the right gate and he said no. Apparently there was another "Return to Canada" gate for which the sign was impossible to see from where I had been parked initially. ::) Eventually 3 officers came up, played 20 questions with me, then let us go.

We crossed the Ambassador Bridge to Windsor (which was down to 1 lane with construction), and on the other side, the guard who greeted us was friendly and had a good sense of humour! He took my passport, called in my case, then directed us to Immigration.

In the immigration office we handed in all our paperwork (CoPR, his passport, my passport + visa, both lists of goods, and my CSQ for Québec) then were dismissed to the waiting room. There were 3 other cases that came and went while ours was being worked on. At one point, he called me in just to ask for my address then re-dismissed me. He had me carefully sign the green box at the bottom of my CoPR, saying that signature would be transferred to my PR card. He also had me sign some papers for importing my car and told me to go on the RIV website to follow up (still trying to figure this one out though). He explained the other government services I had to get set up with (getting a new SIN, getting on the wait list for Assurance Maladie). He finally stapled a copy of the CoPR in my passport and when I asked about having to leave and re-enter the country before getting my PR card, he stamped my passport, wrote my client ID #, and initialled it, saying that his stamp would be valid to permit my re-entry regardless of what other officers might try to argue because they are revamping the system and trying to integrate customs with immigration more closely. When he was done, he told me I was good to go, and I said, "What, I don't get a 'Welcome to Canada'?" He grinned sheepishly and said "Welcome to Canada!" :p

After handing back all my paperwork, I was directed to the cashier to obtain a receipt saying I didn't owe/pay them anything (apparently needed for part of my RIV registration), and then I was on my way! (Didn't have any taxes or A/C fees on my car - a 2003 Subaru Forester).

The whole process took an hour and a half :eek: but the officers (at least in Canada) were all nice and lighthearted.

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
To wrap things up, here's my FULL timeline:

PERMANENT RESIDENCY FAMILY CLASS OUTLAND SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION:

9/2/10: sent FBI check
11/11/10: received FBI check
1/21/11: Medical done
1/31/11: App sent to CPC-M
2/11/11: App received
3/10/11: Decision made, transferred to Buffalo
3/21/11: CSQ app sent to MICC
3/22/11: MICC received, Undertaking approved
3/24/11: Buffalo received (shown on e-cas presumably the same day)
4/5/11: CSQ issued
4/7/11: CSQ/undertaking copy received
7/11/11: Email inquiry to Buffalo
7/13/11: Email reply with AOR (F# and B# given)
8/10/11: Email inquiry to Buffalo for receipt of meds and CSQ, response of File Transferred to New York, emailed New York, New York replied “STFU for 90 days, we don’t have your file yet.”
9/3/11: E-cas shows “medicals received” on my account and sponsor’s account.
“Application started processing on Aug. 18th” shows on sponsor’s account in addition to the appearance of a second case in my name.
9/22/11: Sponsor’s e-cas shows “In Process” as official status on the 2nd case under my name, using the same wording and dates as before.
10/4/11: PPR received by snail mail; passport mailed off
10/17/11: E-cas changes to “decision made”
10/14/11: Visa issued
10/20/11: NYC mails back visa and CoPR
10/24/11: Visa and CoPR received
11/12/11: LANDED!

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
Oh, and for kicks and giggles, a photo of my husband and I at the wedding!

http://i.imgur.com/FuOpd.png ;D

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
francohoosier said:
Oh, and for kicks and giggles, a photo of my husband and I at the wedding!

http://i.imgur.com/FuOpd.png ;D
OMG! I hope my story isn't as exciting or nuts as yours!! I am hoping for a nice BORING landing!
Congratulations!
We received the PPR this morning by email!!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
janamay1967 said:
LOL I was wondering what happened to me too! I had to bully a Seargent Major in the US Army into getting mys on fingerprinted while in Basic Training! He caught a HUGE amount of *censored word* for that!! Then, we had to wait 8 weeks for the FBI to do their little dance and THEN I had to set up a special FED-EX account to get it to Buffalo 2 Days before they kicked my application out!!!

Sounds crazy! What was your technique for bugging them? I may try it myself... ;)

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
Sounds crazy! What was your technique for bugging them? I may try it myself... ;)
Once I received an email from them from an email address that WASN'T the typical mail bot, I began hammering them weekly. I will share the email address. Maybe it will work for you too!

bfaloimpa-ap@interna​tional.gc.ca

This seems to be the "processing department" instead of the F**K off department.