waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Morena said:
Also, they extended my medicals 1 year...and they were expired already since September....so people, there is hope out there....no matter what!
That is good news! Congrats!

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
I wonder if they actually view common-law unions of opposite sex partners that way, especially when they are so common in Canada. At least, here in Quebec they are more the norm than the exception. I don't know what it's like in Montreal, as you have other cultures entering the mix that may change the demographic, but from my experience around the rest of Quebec marriage is not common. It's considered something couples who have been together for decades do to ensure spousal benefits upon death. Those who get married young are rare. In fact, my husband's family was really surprised and confused that we were getting married and we didn't even have children yet! I wish that were a joke, but it's really not. In fact when I first got to Quebec I had to keep finding new ways to answer the question, "so when are you two going to start having children?" from everyone I met (yes, complete strangers), and this was before we'd even gotten engaged. Anyway, just pondering that in my boredom this afternoon.
As someone who's lived in Montreal for going on 2 years, I can attest to this - it's equally if not MORE SO true here. The culture/values are just different. I was raised in a conservative midwestern US family who expects you to have a proper religious wedding before even thinking about kids, much less cohabiting, and where did I end up? In Québec, where cohabiting and kids before marriage (if married at ALL) are the norm. It's taken me this much time just to cope with not being able to take my husband's last name lol! And AmericaninQuebec, I totally understand - people ask us all the time if we have kids, and when we say no they ask why not! :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With all the garderies (making big money, too) and all the financial assistance you get from the state for child care, maybe that's what they're thinking when they ask, "why not?".......why not when it's so easy to have children in Quebec compared to the U.S. Of course, the incentives don't have much to do with it when someone just doesn't want to have kids.....which there is nothing wrong with, no matter what the prevailing culture might tell you.
AmericaninQuebec said:
I wonder if they actually view common-law unions of opposite sex partners that way, especially when they are so common in Canada. At least, here in Quebec they are more the norm than the exception. I don't know what it's like in Montreal, as you have other cultures entering the mix that may change the demographic, but from my experience around the rest of Quebec marriage is not common. It's considered something couples who have been together for decades do to ensure spousal benefits upon death. Those who get married young are rare. In fact, my husband's family was really surprised and confused that we were getting married and we didn't even have children yet! I wish that were a joke, but it's really not. In fact when I first got to Quebec I had to keep finding new ways to answer the question, "so when are you two going to start having children?" from everyone I met (yes, complete strangers), and this was before we'd even gotten engaged. Anyway, just pondering that in my boredom this afternoon.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
francohoosier said:
As someone who's lived in Montreal for going on 2 years, I can attest to this - it's equally if not MORE SO true here. The culture/values are just different. I was raised in a conservative midwestern US family who expects you to have a proper religious wedding before even thinking about kids, much less cohabiting, and where did I end up? In Québec, where cohabiting and kids before marriage (if married at ALL) are the norm. It's taken me this much time just to cope with not being able to take my husband's last name lol! And AmericaninQuebec, I totally understand - people ask us all the time if we have kids, and when we say no they ask why not! :p
Haha! Sounds like we had similar culture shock. My parents were not down with the whole common-law/conjoints de fait idea. For me the hardest part was that there were professional women that upon first meeting would ask me when I was planning on having children. Being a professional myself I just couldn't wrap my head around that being appropriate to ask someone you weren't close friends with! My husband didn't understand why I would get so upset. They really don't have that "profession or family, but not both" mentality that gets ingrained into you down in the U.S. Probably because, like ddobro2 pointed out, the laws here make it much easier to do both (not the least of which being the law that requires your employer to hold your exact post for you while you're on maternity leave).

Needless to say, it took many months, but I'm finally over being insulted/offended every time I get asked when we'll be having children.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
AmericaninQuebec said:
Haha! Sounds like we had similar culture shock. My parents were not down with the whole common-law/conjoints de fait idea. For me the hardest part was that there were professional women that upon first meeting would ask me when I was planning on having children. Being a professional myself I just couldn't wrap my head around that being appropriate to ask someone you weren't close friends with! My husband didn't understand why I would get so upset. They really don't have that "profession or family, but not both" mentality that gets ingrained into you down in the U.S. Probably because, like ddobro2 pointed out, the laws here make it much easier to do both (not the least of which being the law that requires your employer to hold your exact post for you while you're on maternity leave).

Needless to say, it took many months, but I'm finally over being insulted/offended every time I get asked when we'll be having children.
CEC and PNP processing time in buffalo increased by 1 month today...:S
hope it means something to FCS in good way...

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
nhl1011 said:
I don't really know those abbreviations, but processing time for spousal sponsorship is still 11 mths for Buffalo according to the website.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As Christmas is fast approaching, i wish Buffalo would start giving everyone one of the best gifts for Xmas this year 2011.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericaninQuebec said:
I don't really know those abbreviations, but processing time for spousal sponsorship is still 11 mths for Buffalo according to the website.
CEC: Canadian Experience Class
PNP: Provincial Nominee Program

Just different immigration method mostly used by foreign workers

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Well it has been about a month since Buffalo said they were going to request me to redo my medicals and more background Info.So I emailed Buffalo yesterday to see what was going on and to let them know I never recieved any letters for there request.Well I got the good ole automated email saying your app is in process and we dont require anything at this time.thanks for keeping your inquiries to a minimum WTF.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would it mean something good for Family Class? My logic is if they're spending more time on those, they're spending more time on us too. Or maybe someone can explain it to me differently.
nhl1011 said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People who are unfortunately paid (I wonder how much) to sit there and paste in the same autoresponse. It's just too much of their energy to provide any crumb of elaboration to that, I suppose.
Calgary-Bound said:
Well it has been about a month since Buffalo said they were going to request me to redo my medicals and more background Info.So I emailed Buffalo yesterday to see what was going on and to let them know I never recieved any letters for there request.Well I got the good ole automated email saying your app is in process and we dont require anything at this time.thanks for keeping your inquiries to a minimum WTF.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Why would it mean something good for Family Class? My logic is if they're spending more time on those, they're spending more time on us too. Or maybe someone can explain it to me differently.
I am just hoping they put more weight on FCS hehe. I know it doesn't imply anything about FCS

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
Come on PPR!!! Buffalo's been quiet this week :p

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
:p :eek: WE GOT THE REQUEST FOR PASSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!
THE EMAIL CAME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

IT IS GOING TO BE A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
janamay1967 said:
:p :eek: WE GOT THE REQUEST FOR PASSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!
THE EMAIL CAME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

IT IS GOING TO BE A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I hope the rest of us from around that time get the same good news today! :)