Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Thank you for posting this very detailed account of how to do PPR's in person in Buffalo! I think I will do it this way when my PPR finally comes since I live in Buffalo, and am impatient with mail. Lots here I would not have known otherwise... thanks again!

Bargeld said:
Yep. If you (whoever this poster is responding to) go to Buffalo to take care of PPR, try to arrive at the parking garage 7:00-7:15am, Tim Hortons inside at the plaza level 7:15-7:20am, at 7:25-7:30am a guard will come to Timmy's ...

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
TryingToGetHome said:
I drove up my car from Missouri and entered as a visitor on a 12-month visitor record at the border. They asked me if I wanted to import my car at the time and I said no. They said it was fine as long as I had insurance in the US that covered me while I drove in Canada. Also, I was the only person allowed to drive the vehicle (legally) so if anyone else drives it, they could get a ticket or fine if caught. I'm pretty sure you can import later, especially if they can't process it the day you cross the border.
Were abouts are you from In Missouri if you dont mind me asking?Im from the St.Louis area,St.Charles to be exact.

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
It looks like my best bet (and much simpler process) will be to cross at Detroit/Windsor, though I'm sure my separatist husband will be just *thrilled* to hear that we have to land in and drive across all of Ontario... :p

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TryingToGetHome said:
My sweet baby boy turns 8 months old today, I have renewed faith in the medical system here since I'm finally seeing a high risk doctor for my pregnancy tomorrow, and .... I got my PPR EMAIL TODAY!!!! It's a good day. ;D

I'm the biggest mess right now, I'm not usually a crier, but damn pregnancy hormones - seriously, even a crying teething baby isn't ruining this sloppy high!! We're just rocking out to Taylor Swift crying together - it seemed appropriate since she likes to cry too.
Congratulations...

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
isolabella said:
hi all,

i am a june outland buffalo person and just saw on ecas that my permanent residency app is finally in process as of oct. 26. pardon if this question has already been asked and answered, but is there any kind of general time frame from date of in process to ppr or is it totally random. just wondering if the in process process will be a week or two or if it will drag on another month or longer! just getting ready for this to all be done!

any thoughts/info would be appreciated.

thanks!
Congratulations! Your PPR is going to be very soon. Prepare for the party!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she did get it "very soon," she would be pretty lucky as she's be only the second June applicant to get PPR on the spreadsheet. And you have to remember that June people had their applications get to Buffalo even later because of that increase of sponsorship approval processing time at Mississauga to two months.....
AW2011 said:
Congratulations! Your PPR is going to be very soon. Prepare for the party!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
ddobro2 said:
If she did get it "very soon," she would be pretty lucky as she's be only the second June applicant to get PPR on the spreadsheet. And you have to remember that June people had their applications get to Buffalo even later because of that increase of sponsorship approval processing time at Mississauga to two months.....
Guess some people are just luckier. Someone has to be the first. Most "delayed cases" with Buffalo have some kind of complications - background checks, missing documents, missing payments & so on. The straight-forward cases get completed
in 4 or 5 months. Through all other forums, majority "in progress" files get PPR after a couple of weeks. It's just my observation.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, there have been processing times of 4 months....but for a file who's sponsorship approval was late August? It would be pretty remarkable. Having said that, anything can happen with Buffalo ::) which is not known for its consistency and I wish isolabella all the best ;)

AW2011 said:
Guess some people are just luckier. Someone has to be the first. Most "delayed cases" with Buffalo have some kind of complications - background checks, missing documents, missing payments & so on. The straight-forward cases get completed
in 4 or 5 months. Through all other forums, majority "in progress" files get PPR after a couple of weeks. It's just my observation.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Is that 4-5 months after they receive it, or 4-5 months after they start processing it?

AW2011 said:

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
thanks all for your advice and kind words. fingers crossed for us all!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Total, it's always total. There have even been people who have gotten PPR 70 or 80 days after filing.....that's less than three months. The difference is that the sponsorship approval time was shorter than a month at one point. Since June, it's been at least two months. That step 1 processing obviously affects the overall processing timeframe because Buffalo cannot begin until Mississauga couriers the PR portion of the application to their office.
mjh49783aa said:
Is that 4-5 months after they receive it, or 4-5 months after they start processing it?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully your case will be like Maple3's. She got PPR about a week after in process. It's just impossible to tell until it happens, you know? :)
isolabella said:
thanks all for your advice and kind words. fingers crossed for us all!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's been a bite quiet on here this....Hoping this months brings more PPR/PRV...
Christmas is just around the corner and ready to sneak in...lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm ready to land, and I don't want to traverse the frozen and unsafe Quebec roads on my way to Vermont to do so.
Eddy070 said:
It's been a bite quiet on here this....Hoping this months brings more PPR/PRV...
Christmas is just around the corner and ready to sneak in...lol

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
I'm ready to land, and I don't want to traverse the frozen and unsafe Quebec roads on my way to Vermont to do so.
Hahahahaha, that will be so cool if only Buffalo can just start dishing out the damn stuff to everyone as an xmas Package....lol