waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
Calgary-Bound said:
I know if you are on implied status you cant leave Canada and If you do your implied status will get dropped.I have a friend who works for immigration in Edmonton AB. and she informed me of this when I asked her about my situation when I was going to leave and go back to the states.
I know I'd lose the implied status. I just want advice on how to get a visitor record hassle-free, since that would be my only option if CIC doesn't approve either of my apps.

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
Does anyone know which one is the long form birth certificate in British Colombia, Canada? and What is a cerifed true copy of this? Buffalo emailed me today asking for this document (of my son).

I have with me his birth certificate and his certified copy of live birth. Is this what they want? Thanks for the help!!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if BC is like ON there are 2 bc and that means 1 is a wallet size which is huge aka the short form and the other is the long form

I believe thet may want the long 1 from u based on what info is included on the bc

http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/births/certificate.html

i glanced at that site and it seems that the long form contains parent info where the short form does not

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
francohoosier said:
I know I'd lose the implied status. I just want advice on how to get a visitor record hassle-free, since that would be my only option if CIC doesn't approve either of my apps.
My wife and I left for a week to Hawaii and my work visa was still good.I took my work visa out of my passport because I was affraid I would lose it.When we came back to Canada the border patrol asked me what I was doing here and I told them I was in the process of getting my permanent residence here.The officer asked if I had any proof and I didnt but I told him I had a work visa so of course he asked where it was and I told him.He said ok and stamped my passport.My friend told me now that my work visa expires the end off September that I can stay for another 6 months since they stamped my passport and didnt write anything under the stamp saying I had to leave that basically Im a visitor now.So if you take proof of your residency application and or letters from immigration showing proof you should be fine.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I know I haven't been waiting as long as December, but the waiting game can certainly make a person feel hopeless at times. I can say that it's been pretty hard on my wife and I as of late. But yeah. We're all in the same boat here, so you shouldn't have to feel alone in this.

Ellan said:
Congrats to everyone who received their PPR and IN PROCESS! I still haven't heard anything... Waiting sucks. I know I'm still within the timeframe of 11 months, but I can't help feeling hopeless. I think I'm the only one from the "December group" who's still waiting? :(

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
nhl1011 said:
I think it is going to take a while though~~~ :D I will update any info as soon I have some~~
mind sharing yours? :p
I filed mine on may 25th and buffalo received it on july 11th, got automated email from them and that is it, my ecas shows application received and nothing else, so i am excited to see that they have touched your hopefully maybe it could mean they have progress,i have sent an email a month ago with no response. but as soon as i get anything for sure will post it. :D

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
mjh49783aa said:
I know I haven't been waiting as long as December, but the waiting game can certainly make a person feel hopeless at times. I can say that it's been pretty hard on my wife and I as of late. But yeah. We're all in the same boat here, so you shouldn't have to feel alone in this.
Thank you

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
Kedeisha said:
if BC is like ON there are 2 bc and that means 1 is a wallet size which is huge aka the short form and the other is the long form

I believe thet may want the long 1 from u based on what info is included on the bc

http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/births/certificate.html

i glanced at that site and it seems that the long form contains parent info where the short form does not
Thanks Kedeisha! That's exactly what i have here. The one with the parents info...so i guess this is the long form birth certificate. I will mail it to Buffalo tomorrow. Glad to know they are looking my application. I'm in process since Sept 6!! BTW medicals expired this month...

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
Ellan said:
Congrats to everyone who received their PPR and IN PROCESS! I still haven't heard anything... Waiting sucks. I know I'm still within the timeframe of 11 months, but I can't help feeling hopeless. I think I'm the only one from the "December group" who's still waiting? :(

You're not the only one from the blasted December group. There are quite a few of us lurking around still waiting right there with ya....stay strong :) We have to hear something SOON!!! WE JUST HAVE TO!

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Hey Everyone....Just joining this discussion...My American husband and I (Canadian) sent in our application on Sept. 10th 2011. We have a very routine Applictaion from what I've read. No Kids, No previous marriages, No criminal or Medical issues. We got married on Jan. 1st 2011. Plenty of proof of relationship in every way possible. Feeling very frustrated right now as its been two weeks and they have not even acknowledged that they have received our App....

From what I have read on previous forums....this whole process could take less than three to four months.....But on the CIC site it always says 11 months :( I know this number is based on 80% of the processed applications...but....11 months??? I really don't know how my husband and I will manage being apart for 11 more months :(

any success stories to share???

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Trish1982 said:
You're not the only one from the blasted December group. There are quite a few of us lurking around still waiting right there with ya....stay strong :) We have to hear something SOON!!! WE JUST HAVE TO!
I'm still here too! :p

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
amaranth said:
I'm still here too! :p
I have a non-forum friend who is still waiting too. She applied last year in June 2010.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mumbles said:
Hey Everyone....Just joining this discussion...My American husband and I (Canadian) sent in our application on Sept. 10th 2011. We have a very routine Applictaion from what I've read. No Kids, No previous marriages, No criminal or Medical issues. We got married on Jan. 1st 2011. Plenty of proof of relationship in every way possible. Feeling very frustrated right now as its been two weeks and they have not even acknowledged that they have received our App....

From what I have read on previous forums....this whole process could take less than three to four months.....But on the CIC site it always says 11 months :( I know this number is based on 80% of the processed applications...but....11 months??? I really don't know how my husband and I will manage being apart for 11 more months :(

not to hijack but u can also come over to the September thread as well as we applied this month :) this way u have 2 forum family your month club and your VO club :D

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2011-here-we-go-t81078.315.html

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Hey mumbles welcome.With processing times its a toss up.Some people have gotten done in 3 to 4 months and others a year with people inbetween.I think they just have a huge dartboard and every week an officer throws a dart and if your lucky they hit your app.

mumbles said:

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
mumbles said:

Hi Mumbles,

Did you send your app via courier? Usually nobody hears anything until the sponsorship is approved about a month later. My husband (sponsor) received this info via e-mail.

Its best in terms of processing time to hope for the best but rely on the worst, so to speak. No matter how straightforward you think your app is you just never can tell. Although I was a lucky one (exactly 5 months) my husband and I planned out all the way to a year, just in case.

Do you NEED to be apart? Depending on your circumstances you may be able to visit. A lot of people here can help with advice in that regard. I was in Canada for about a month already when my PPR came.

Welcome and good luck!