Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
Thats good that was the only thing I couldnt understand.It sucks my CAIPS showed the last update was In July I hope It hasnt just been sitting since then.

I hope you wasnt talking about the post before you Eddy070 If so thats uncalled for.We are all In this to support oneanother.
I'm sorry if i have offended anyone but just like i posted on page 401 about MP's providing us with out-dated response from Buffalo. We where so worried too about the wrong info but seeing similar issue/response from another member just makes me laugh but i mean no harm but will continue to wait until our time is come. May this month bring more PPR/PRV.

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
I came to pearson airport today and was able to get a 3 year nafta work permit. I did not need an LMO. All I had to do was show my job offer and mine was an intra company transfer so it was even easier.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, thats Awesome, Congratulation.

But what those NAFTA means and who can be eligible.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
my adress appeared again in the ecas page after first appearing and then disappearing. i wonder if anyone 's address has done this yet.? and inspections just suck caz it is so much hustle, but it is good if you know someone certified to inspect, like a personal mechanic then they dont b.s with you as much, thats from my experience. ;D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assumed your heart was in the right place, Eddy, and that you were laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation and not the OPs bad luck.
Eddy070 said:
I'm sorry if i have offended anyone but just like i posted on page 401 about MP's providing us with out-dated response from Buffalo. We where so worried too about the wrong info but seeing similar issue/response from another member just makes me laugh but i mean no harm but will continue to wait until our time is come. May this month bring more PPR/PRV.

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Canadian Tire was really my only option as well.... I will say though that they did suggest I take my car to the dealer for DRLs before having them do it, sometimes on newer models its as easy as installing a fuse which they will do for little charge. Unfortunately mine was ONE YEAR too old!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
mmshock said:
The safety test was $69.99. Do you have Daytime Running Lights? Had to get those installed too.
Definitely shop around for day time running lights (the safety and emission tests are a set price). Canadian Tire quoted me $400 for day time lights but I got them done elsewhere for $80 in western GTA!

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Geeeez! Guess I didn't get it that bad at like, $130....

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Hello.

I'm not really sure how to introduce myself, but I'm currently in the process of immigrating to Canada from the United States under the family class as my wife is Canadian. She has already been approved to sponsor me, and my file has so far been sitting in the Buffalo visa office since the 13th of June. As of this moment, I haven't even seen so much as an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter from the visa office yet, let alone a file number, or really anything to let me know it's even being processed as of yet.

Though I do have a visitor record, and I do continue to go back and forth across the river to visit my wife on a weekly basis, she has Multiple Sclerosis, and she really needs me to be there to help take care of her more than my visitor status would really allow me to - as I was told at the border that I need to be in the States longer than in Canada in order to stay legal as a visitor. So it goes without saying that the waiting process can be frustrating at times. Nevertheless, with all that being said, it's of some comfort to know that we're not the only ones stuck in this bureaucracy.

Wishing all good luck....

Mike

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mike. You should be able to email Buffalo with your Client ID and get a file number and AOR that way. Apparently, they will tolerate a "forced AOR" but not really subsequent communications. Well fine, I get it. They're swamped. Could you elaborate on the "visitor status" you mention? You have visitor status where?
mjh49783aa said:
Hello.

I'm not really sure how to introduce myself, but I'm currently in the process of immigrating to Canada from the United States under the family class as my wife is Canadian. She has already been approved to sponsor me, and my file has so far been sitting in the Buffalo visa office since the 13th of June. As of this moment, I haven't even seen so much as an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter from the visa office yet, let alone a file number, or really anything to let me know it's even being processed as of yet.

Though I do have a visitor record, and I do continue to go back and forth across the river to visit my wife on a weekly basis, she has Multiple Sclerosis, and she really needs me to be there to help take care of her more than my visitor status would really allow me to - as I was told at the border that I need to be in the States longer than in Canada in order to stay legal as a visitor. So it goes without saying that the waiting process can be frustrating at times. Nevertheless, with all that being said, it's of some comfort to know that we're not the only ones stuck in this bureaucracy.

Wishing all good luck....

Mike

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
mmshock said:
Canadian Tire was really my only option as well.... I will say though that they did suggest I take my car to the dealer for DRLs before having them do it, sometimes on newer models its as easy as installing a fuse which they will do for little charge. Unfortunately mine was ONE YEAR too old!
AllisonVSC said:
Definitely shop around for day time running lights (the safety and emission tests are a set price). Canadian Tire quoted me $400 for day time lights but I got them done elsewhere for $80 in western GTA!
Just to be safe I will bite the bullet and go to Can't Tire for the inspection since they are listed on RIV. Hubs is going to the dealership tomorrow to get his letter and ask about the DRLs. If it's too much there we will bring his car over to my mechanic instead.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Well this is the problem as I don't really understand the process: what Client ID number should I give them since I didn't get one yet? My wife got one for sponsoring me, but all that really tells her that she's been approved to sponsor me, and that my file is sitting in Buffalo. This is where I'm having trouble understanding where people on this forum seem to know where they are in the process whether they get an AOR or not.

As for my visitor record, after we got married last December, and after we finished gathering stuff together to send the application off, my wife and I both crossed into Canada, and we told the border agent there that we were married, that we've filled out all the paperwork, and even showed our receipt for the immigration fees that we paid for. That was when the border agent stamped my passport, and issued me a 12 month visitor record.

As for my 'visitor status', I'm a US citizen just visiting my wife in Canada.

ddobro2 said:
Hi Mike. You should be able to email Buffalo with your Client ID and get a file number and AOR that way. Apparently, they will tolerate a "forced AOR" but not really subsequent communications. Well fine, I get it. They're swamped. Could you elaborate on the "visitor status" you mention? You have visitor status where?

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally got my caips notes today and thought I'd share in case someone finds it interesting The notes are dated August 19th, and say that my husbands RCMP check was complete (it seems like it was started on our AOR date) and that all the fees were paid. Everything else (eligibility, criminality, background check...) was still not started. This pretty much means that they processed our application in about a month, since my husband received his ppr on Sept 20th.