Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
SaugaBoss said:
hey cherlyn i PM u the persons info who emailed me a follow up on my fax maybe call or email her :)

Good afternoon:

In response to the fax sent to our office, the results being asked about have been resent to the office processing the application now that we have the application number.

I trust this is helpful.

Regards,
Thanks SugaBoss. Can you send me the e-mail address as well? And do you have a phone number (where can I speak with the person)?

S

SaugaBoss

jancath410 said:
Question: I went to Houston Friday came back with hubby on Sunday night and we brought every paperwork we can because he is "visiting" me. We were only asked if he will be staying with me the whole time. IO at the airport did not ask for anything else except the passport and the custom declaration form. We indicated on his form that he will be here for 66 days. What do we "extend" if we were not given any paperwork? Does that mean he did not get a visitor's record? He will be returning to US for Thanksgiving and will be back. Thanks.
hey if he is american going to Canada i would not sweat it... i stayed in canada for like 3 months came to the US for 1 month then went back for 3 months then to the USA for 5 months then Canada again for 1 week now back in US and going to canada forever ;D ;D iA hopefully! I always said im going for a couple weeks.. i kind of lied...

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
That's very interesting that you were able to do that with no trouble, SaugaBoss. A year or two ago my husband went to the US with the intent of staying 3 weeks and ended up staying 3 months due to circumstances. Ever since then he has been "red flagged" and given hostile treatment and secondary screening at customs when visiting me.

Did you fly or drive?

S

SaugaBoss

giggles1985 said:
That's very interesting that you were able to do that with no trouble, SaugaBoss. A year or two ago my husband went to the US with the intent of staying 3 weeks and ended up staying 3 months due to circumstances. Ever since then he has been "red flagged" and given hostile treatment and secondary screening at customs when visiting me.

Did you fly or drive?
well i was talking about going to Canada whenever i visit my hubby in canada i have no issue...but! the same thing happened to my husband last yeaR!!! he came for a couple weeks stayed 1 month... red flagged and still need to gather proof to let him cross...was he given a ties to canada worksheet? (we were never able to supply enough proof) i drove and flew a combination of both back and forth from the USA. the airport people sometimes ask me no questions and sometimes ask a lot of questions so it depends.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Ah I see so it is getting into the US that is a problem, not Canada. He didn't really have any proof the first time but this latest time he brought a lot of proof and they didn't really care to even look at it. They just wanted to take him in the back room and hassle him for a while. But they ended up letting him come, so oh well. Water under the bridge.

S

SaugaBoss

giggles1985 said:
Ah I see so it is getting into the US that is a problem, not Canada. He didn't really have any proof the first time but this latest time he brought a lot of proof and they didn't really care to even look at it. They just wanted to take him in the back room and hassle him for a while. But they ended up letting him come, so oh well. Water under the bridge.
i know i got so scared 10 officers surrounded him :| i was freaked out and so scared! (we are both pakistani too so maybe thats why they are more harsh? no sure though but both born in canada or america)

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
I got my passport request today via email! I'll be driving to buffalo either this week or next to get my visa in person!

it took exactly 200 days from start to finish!

so glad its finally over!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
No it doesn't matter what nationality you are. I'm white and I am "red flagged" because I stayed for a couple months last year and dropped out of college for the time being while I awaited immigration, no point in paying for schooling that will most likely not transfer ya know? Maybe it's my age (I'm only 20 years old) and they are brutal at the border. So rude.

But I am always given a yellow slip at the border and have to show proof of everything when I cross, even if I tell them I'm only visiting for the weekend. So this last time I crossed I told them I was leaving Monday and fibbed a little. Every time that I have been honest and told them that I was staying for 2 weeks or a month for example, I have been given a visitor record. It's so frustrating! But now I am up in Canada for a while 'visiting' hoping that my paperwork goes through soon so that I can visit my family back at home in the states for the holidays without a hassle when I cross back to Canada..otherwise I'm screwed. I should be approaching the end of my application time anyways. Only a couple more months at most hopefully! :eek:

Congrats Plumosa!!!
:p

Good luck everybody else!! Cheers!

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
plumosa said:
I got my passport request today via email! I'll be driving to buffalo either this week or next to get my visa in person!

Plumosa,
Congrat!!!! That's wonderful.
I have a question.
In your timeline it says that a decision was made on 10/5/10. Did it really take 15 days for CIC to send you an email PPR. Or am I just reading that incorrectly? Thanks

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
ljane79 said:
Plumosa,
Congrat!!!! That's wonderful.
I have a question.
In your timeline it says that a decision was made on 10/5/10. Did it really take 15 days for CIC to send you an email PPR. Or am I just reading that incorrectly? Thanks
the decision made is from may :) it was for approving the sponsorship.

S

SaugaBoss

kerianne said:
No it doesn't matter what nationality you are. I'm white and I am "red flagged" because I stayed for a couple months last year and dropped out of college for the time being while I awaited immigration, no point in paying for schooling that will most likely not transfer ya know? Maybe it's my age (I'm only 20 years old) and they are brutal at the border. So rude.

But I am always given a yellow slip at the border and have to show proof of everything when I cross, even if I tell them I'm only visiting for the weekend. So this last time I crossed I told them I was leaving Monday and fibbed a little. Every time that I have been honest and told them that I was staying for 2 weeks or a month for example, I have been given a visitor record. It's so frustrating! But now I am up in Canada for a while 'visiting' hoping that my paperwork goes through soon so that I can visit my family back at home in the states for the holidays without a hassle when I cross back to Canada..otherwise I'm screwed. I should be approaching the end of my application time anyways. Only a couple more months at most hopefully! :eek:

omg congrtas plumosa ;D ;D ;D finallyyyy good news for u!!! :)

@ ljane79 yea i guess ur right my hubby never had a problem just last time bc i guess he stayed too long...the airport and border ppl are always nice to me just sometimes they ask a lot of questions but usually very nice ;D surprisingly lol

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
plumosa said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATION YOU MADE MY WEEK , OMG MAYBE TOMORROW IS MY TURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everyone for your input, I got confused because I might have done something wrong for him not to be given any paperwork to renew his visitor's record. The IO did not stamp his passport.

Congrats Plumosa! It's good to have some good news!

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
congratulation plumosa

another one got their ppr.

on the other hand i feel jealous i want my wife to receive her ppr too lol ;)

K

kalew2010

:D Yay Plumosa! So happy for you!!!

On another note, I know there were a few other folks worried that their medical results had not been marked as "received" on eCas.
We sent a fax last week (Sep 14):

Ottawa Regional Medical Office
Health Management Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave. West, 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can you please advise me of the location of my medical results? I would like to confirm that the Canadian Visa Office at Buffalo has requested my medical results as the principal applicant for Permanent Residency. The details of my application are listed below:
FNAME LNAME
DOB: _______
FILE: B_______
I also request for confirmation that the medical results have been sent to Buffalo. Please contact me regarding the status and location of these medical results. Thank you

We received a response yesterday:
In response the fax sent to our office, the information being asked about has already been forwarded to the office processing the application. Please contact that office for any additional information required. Please note that the electronic website where the progress can followed is not automatically updated when we send results.

My husband included his email and that's how we heard back....so, for those waiting on Med Results received....don't worry!! ;)