Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
Been waiting also. I have ordered my GCMS notes twice in the last 3 months just to see if anything was actually happening with our file. Mine has said "Application Received", with a note that my application was received July 2011, and then there is a note that says medical results have been received. On my file, everything is completed (background, security, medical). But everything has come to a stand-still since the closing of the Buffalo consulate. The only change in the second set of notes I received last week (2 months after the first) is that the transfer to the Seattle consulate is completed. Nothing else, no sign of ppr. I have lost hope that we will be finished this year at all. I am begining to think we should just quit and send in another application, since the ones that applied this year have already landed. This is B******T!

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Anyone applied in Jan. 2012 and sponsorship approved in April, still waiting for PPR?
After "Medical Received" showed on ecas, usually how long it takes to get PPR? Sponsor or applicant get email?
Thanks.

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
MSP2YYZ said:
Been waiting also. I have ordered my GCMS notes twice in the last 3 months just to see if anything was actually happening with our file. Mine has said "Application Received", with a note that my application was received July 2011, and then there is a note that says medical results have been received. On my file, everything is completed (background, security, medical). But everything has come to a stand-still since the closing of the Buffalo consulate. The only change in the second set of notes I received last week (2 months after the first) is that the transfer to the Seattle consulate is completed. Nothing else, no sign of ppr. I have lost hope that we will be finished this year at all. I am begining to think we should just quit and send in another application, since the ones that applied this year have already landed. This is B******T!
Your timeline is crazy long, have you contacted your MP?

Roadtrip

Apr 24, 2012
iacrossnation said:
Anyone applied in Jan. 2012 and sponsorship approved in April, still waiting for PPR?
After "Medical Received" showed on ecas, usually how long it takes to get PPR? Sponsor or applicant get email?
Thanks.
My application was received January 4, 2012. Ecas shows it went In Process and Medical Received on April 23, 2012. I have heard nothing since then.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Roadtrip said:
My application was received January 4, 2012. Ecas shows it went In Process and Medical Received on April 23, 2012. I have heard nothing since then.
Really don't understand how they proceed applications. Also, saw some people from last fall, still waiting for finalize.

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
iacrossnation said:
Really don't understand how they proceed applications. Also, saw some people from last fall, still waiting for finalize.
Makes no sense at all!!! I'm happy for the people that are processed quickly but it also frustrates :mad: me that there is no logic in their process. They are toying with peoples lives... My husband is on his way to his grandmother's funeral and I am here in Canada because we are forced to be apart by our government and their illogical process...

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
scottandlisag said:
Makes no sense at all!!! I'm happy for the people that are processed quickly but it also frustrates :mad: me that there is no logic in their process. They are toying with peoples lives... My husband is on his way to his grandmother's funeral and I am here in Canada because we are forced to be apart by our government and their illogical process...
I totally agree with you - yes it is awesome for the ones that are finalised but what the hell do cic think of us oldies??? "Oh it's ok, they've been waiting for ages - they can wait a bit longer."

It makes me so mad because this is one thing you can't ring and complain and ask to speak to a manager - you have no way to make things move quicker - unless you speak to your MP, though recent reports have suggested that even that is proving pretty useless at the minute as they are hiding behind the "we've moved offices / closed departments you'll have to be patient.

My patience is running out . My hubby works on the rigs and I am here on a visitor visa. We live rurally so for the two weeks he's away at a time - there's no-one but me and the animals here. Yes I can go out, visit friends but I NEED SOMETHING TO DO, I'm going absolutely insane with boredom.

Just Sunday hubby said "if we'd have done it the other way (meaning inland) you'd have your work permit by now" Oh really??? Thanks for reminding me of that, because I was adamant outland would be quicker it would be the best way to do it. Now faced with the prospects of more medicals it just seems it's cost after cost because they can't get their f***** backsides into gear.

Sorry for the rant.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
moochops said:
I totally agree with you - yes it is awesome for the ones that are finalised but what the hell do cic think of us oldies??? "Oh it's ok, they've been waiting for ages - they can wait a bit longer."

It makes me so mad because this is one thing you can't ring and complain and ask to speak to a manager - you have no way to make things move quicker - unless you speak to your MP, though recent reports have suggested that even that is proving pretty useless at the minute as they are hiding behind the "we've moved offices / closed departments you'll have to be patient.

My patience is running out . My hubby works on the rigs and I am here on a visitor visa. We live rurally so for the two weeks he's away at a time - there's no-one but me and the animals here. Yes I can go out, visit friends but I NEED SOMETHING TO DO, I'm going absolutely insane with boredom.

Just Sunday hubby said "if we'd have done it the other way (meaning inland) you'd have your work permit by now" Oh really??? Thanks for reminding me of that, because I was adamant outland would be quicker it would be the best way to do it. Now faced with the prospects of more medicals it just seems it's cost after cost because they can't get their f***** backsides into gear.

Sorry for the rant.
I can totally understand what you are going thru but as you said we cant do anything ...nor even complain..
sometimes i feel like... why me? this closure had to be done when i applied?
was it not good before the closure ..? everything went to buffalo... just because of few dollars they traded people's time like us...that we all should wait..
if this buffalo closure would have not happened. then atleast we would be having a timeline of 12months and if they went more than this timeline then there would be no excuse from them..like now they have...due to office closure we have lots of files pending...
why to try something different that could make your own organisation 's respect down in common people's eyes?

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Thats the thing though, they don't see us as skilled workers (though I bet a lot of the spouses have super skilled professions) so whilst they hide behind the smoke screen of "We do everything we can to reunite familes" (I am aware I'm lucky to already be here) they don't really give a rats ass.

To them we are just bits of paper, stacking up and up and up, and they have a ridiculous way of dealing with them (ie no cohesion whatsoever) and it seems the old ones just keep getting older as they try to stay on track with their figures for the new apps.

We'll just fall into the 20% that they don't care about.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
homi2285 said:
@ Computergeek : thank you so much for your confirmation. Was your application transferred to Ottawa or LA office ? also do you mind letting me know when your spouse received the approval to be your sponsor email from Mississauga ? Our timeline seems to be pretty close , so I just want to know.. thanks. Congratulations on getting the PR btw :)!
The sponsor approval letter said LA, but in fact I know the application was processed in Ottawa. As I've described previously, I've had rather unusual interactions with CIC so I do have some additional insight into the current process. That is also likely why I experienced expedited processing - that is the benefit of having Justice Canada calling Ottawa and LA and encouraging them to move the application forward.

The sponsor approval letter was on 21 June 2012.

To those still waiting, I understand your frustration and indeed I do feel like I've cheated a bit here. In my defence, I've spent 39 months in the hell that is immigration. I am truly grateful that the spousal application has gone far better than I had any right to expect.

I certainly hope to find ways in the future to improve the process because, having experienced it, I've learned how inhumane it is to those living with it.

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
computergeek said:
The sponsor approval letter said LA, but in fact I know the application was processed in Ottawa. As I've described previously, I've had rather unusual interactions with CIC so I do have some additional insight into the current process. That is also likely why I experienced expedited processing - that is the benefit of having Justice Canada calling Ottawa and LA and encouraging them to move the application forward.

To those still waiting, I understand your frustration and indeed I do feel like I've cheated a bit here. In my defence, I've spent 39 months in the hell that is immigration. I am truly grateful that the spousal application has gone far better than I had any right to expect.

I certainly hope to find ways in the future to improve the process because, having experienced it, I've learned how inhumane it is to those living with it.
Hey don't be silly, no need to feel in the slightest bit guilty, I truly am stoked for all those that get approbed, be it 2 months or 2 years. Just keeping fingers crossed for everyone x

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
moochops said:

Sorry for the rant.
Don't be sorry!! I hear ya!!! My issue with going to your local MP is this... we did back in May because we were misguided in our application. Our MP's assistant told us he called CIC and that we had to withdraw our application and resubmit. I didn't want to start over!! So I finally got thru to CIC on the phone, they opened our file and said that there was no need to withdraw!! It was on its way to Ottawa and everything was in order!

Let's just say, the DAY we get Scott's PR, I'm taking it to that same office to rip a strip! ;) ;) ;)

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
computergeek said:

You didn't cheat at all, no need to feel any guilt whatsoever. Government bureaucracy is laden with inconsistencies, much to our mutual grief!

Chicagolady

Sep 28, 2012
Hello, everyone! New to this thread and really wish I had found it earlier! Anyway...I applied outland (from Chicago), my husband is sponsoring me. It's been 8 months now, received PPR a few weeks ago, overnighted the passports with return expressmail envelope. Been anxiously tracking the package, nothing until TODAY now I see I can track the package, which means (hopefully!) the passports with stamp (or COPR) are coming! :p

Question - how often is ecas updated? I checked today and all it says is 'Medicals received'. Strange, I think? For those of you with experience are they slow to update it? VO is Seattle.

Thanks!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Chicagolady said:
Hello, everyone! New to this thread and really wish I had found it earlier! Anyway...I applied outland (from Chicago), my husband is sponsoring me. It's been 8 months now, received PPR a few weeks ago, overnighted the passports with return expressmail envelope. Been anxiously tracking the package, nothing until TODAY now I see I can track the package, which means (hopefully!) the passports with stamp (or COPR) are coming! :p

Question - how often is ecas updated? I checked today and all it says is 'Medicals received'. Strange, I think? For those of you with experience are they slow to update it? VO is Seattle.

Thanks!
wow
so you are almost there...
can you share your full timeline.. like when you filed the application ...when did you got your approval.. its just we waiting ppl will have an idea..when can we expect to have our pprs..
and about ecas.. just forget about it.. sometimes..with some ppl ecas got updated when the person actually landed up in canada.. Visa Officers especially handing US case are rarely up-to-date with ecas..
this is not strange.. this has happened with people in this forum..