Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AW2011 said:
Thank you computergeek. We had gotten GCMS twice before Buffalo closed. We were going to wait till mid of the month to request a 3rd GCMS but not sure which VO to put down now - Ottawa, LA, Seattle, Detroit or NY? What's ATIP?
ATIP is the program that sends you GCMS notes ("Access to Information and Privacy"). And, in case you didn't notice, their form has changed substantially now PLUS, you can scan and e-mail it to them - and you get a confirmation that the e-mail was received. It's great.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
computergeek said:
ATIP is the program that sends you GCMS notes ("Access to Information and Privacy"). And, in case you didn't notice, their form has changed substantially now PLUS, you can scan and e-mail it to them - and you get a confirmation that the e-mail was received. It's great.
Thanks! So no more snail mail? Does it still take 30 days? Should we put Ottawa as the VO?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AW2011 said:
Thanks! So no more snail mail? Does it still take 30 days? Should we put Ottawa as the VO?
You CAN mail it, but the form now has an e-mail address. It is also much clearer on what you're requesting. From IMM 5563 (05-2012)E they do still ask you for the location. Rather than guess on where they sent it, I'd list Buffalo and the file number, but I suspect Ottawa would also work. With that file number, they'll be able to figure it out, since that's the unique index key to find your file; I'm just wondering if they'd go looking in FOSS rather than GCMS if you listed an inland location - but hey, there's only one way to find out.

Yes, they still hold the results for 30 days...

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
nsr said:
Hi guys,

Anybody has any idea about interviews? I am waiting for interview date for last 3 months. Anybody got interview date recently? What's going on at Ottawa about interview, I have no idea.

Please share your experience with Ottawa

Thanks

We are in same boat, still waiting since june 1st and have not heard anything, been told 6 to 8 weeks to get it transferred to ottawa, but it has been 8 weeks now and no answer.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
prophet3 said:
We are in same boat, still waiting since june 1st and have not heard anything, been told 6 to 8 weeks to get it transferred to ottawa, but it has been 8 weeks now and no answer.
I really feel for you guys who require an interview...May 2011 that's way pass the posted timeline on their site I would contact them and get your MP's involved that is just horrible and not fair whether you require and interview or not!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
cgagnon said:
I really feel for you guys who require an interview...May 2011 that's way pass the posted timeline on their site I would contact them and get your MP's involved that is just horrible and not fair whether you require and interview or not!
We applied early June 2011. With Buffalo being closed, not sure that timeline still applies? Sure the next timeline they'll post will be much longer than 12 months with almost no activities the past 2 months for applicants from U.S.
Not counting Stage 1 sponsor approval, our timeline has passed 12 months now since our file got to Buffalo.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
h82w8 said:
hi happylaw...i'm in the same situation as you...app filed in Feb, file sent to LA VO in May and nothing since
I couldn't get anyone at CIC to tell me where my file is and I sent an email to LA to follow up as my husband's medicals expired...still nothing it's so frustrating...by reading the posts and recommendations here my next step is to request the GCMS notes - I'll wait 1 more week and then request the notes...hope we both hear something soon - good luck to you!
Thanks for your comment! I never really thought about requesting the GCMS notes but it seems to be the step everyone seems to be taking. Thats a good idea. I hope we do hear something very soon!!

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
avocadosandcheese said:
hi happylaw, welcome to the forum! at this point, just think positive thoughts. we had a date that we wanted ours to be done by and we just visualized that. not much else you can do at this point. also, it may make you feel better to know that we really never received any information from CIC or the VO before we were approved. so it could happen any day. others have also skipped "in process" on Ecas and then had "decision made" so positive thoughts!

:)
Thank you so much!! :) I have a few questions for you if you dont mind :) Did you by chance request your GCMS notes? I never considered requesting them but it seems to me that people are requesting them. Also, did you contact CIC at all by phone? I was told my paperwork was sent to Los Angeles and then it went to Ottawa so Im trying to contact them but there is no contact for both LA and Ottawa so I keep trying to call the main number that everyone else has access to. I see your paperwork was also on LA/Ottawa? Not sure if I should just sit here quietly or request my notes and keep calling them (the line is always busy!). Thanks so much! Also, thanks for sharing your experience at the border!

krista2011

Oct 20, 2011
Just in case anyone is wondering, a few things that I've discovered in the final stages of immigration.

If you open an account with RBC in the USA, you can link a Canadian RBC account to it, and transfer funds through your online banking instantly to pay American credit cards and or bills/loans. Also, RBC Canada will consider your American credit rating, so you're not starting at the bottom again. And, my husband was able to export his truck from the USA even though he still has an outstanding balance on his loan (through Chase), apparently this is normal procedure if you've never missed a payment in the past six months and are able to list two American citizens as references.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
:eek: I can hardly believe it.. I really didn't expect this so soon. I am still stunned...My husband got the e-mail today!!! The request for PPR e-mail!!!!!! :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D

So in process August 2nd, and PPR on August 8th!! We have 20 days to get his passport to them in LA.

by the way, the e-mail only offers instructions for mailing the passport from within the States or Canada, but we are in Taiwan. Does that mean that instructions for Canada basically apply to us? As in, we don't send the return envelop like the instructions for within the States said?

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
So jealous! Congrats!

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Amoss said:
:eek: I can hardly believe it.. I really didn't expect this so soon. I am still stunned...My husband got the e-mail today!!! The request for PPR e-mail!!!!!! :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D

So in process August 2nd, and PPR on August 8th!! We have 20 days to get his passport to them in LA.

by the way, the e-mail only offers instructions for mailing the passport from within the States or Canada, but we are in Taiwan. Does that mean that instructions for Canada basically apply to us? As in, we don't send the return envelop like the instructions for within the States said?
Congratulations!!!! That is great news!

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
krista2011 said:
Just in case anyone is wondering, a few things that I've discovered in the final stages of immigration.

If you open an account with RBC in the USA, you can link a Canadian RBC account to it, and transfer funds through your online banking instantly to pay American credit cards and or bills/loans. Also, RBC Canada will consider your American credit rating, so you're not starting at the bottom again. And, my husband was able to export his truck from the USA even though he still has an outstanding balance on his loan (through Chase), apparently this is normal procedure if you've never missed a payment in the past six months and are able to list two American citizens as references.
We did the same thing with my husband's Harley, no issues with bringing it here. Another good bank for transferring money without fees is Scotiabank/ Bank of America. :)

h82w8

Jul 13, 2012
Amoss said:

wow great news!!!!! congratulations Amoss!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm so happy for you and the rest of us who are at LA's mercy :) glad to hear they're moving things along

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Many congrats amoss! I still have heard nothing and my file has been with Buffalo (and now ????) for exactly 1 year today.

P****d off doesn't even come into it right now :'(