+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Do you have a phone # for Ottawa by chance?

oreidapennsyltucky said:
For all those who are in need of information and have not been able to get any from Buffalo, contact Ottawa instead. I rang the call center again this morning since the tracking number provided for my returned passport is either invalid or has not been activated. The agent said that I should contact Ottawa. Given that the only reason I received a response with my tracking number from Buffalo is because I emailed Ottawa awhile ago and they forwarded the email, this seems like good information.

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
muffy1 said:
Do you have a phone # for Ottawa by chance?
I've not seen a phone number and they seem to be pretty slow. This is the contact information I was sent:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa; Ottawa, Ontario

If you wish to contact the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O) office in Ottawa, Ontario, please visit our Web site.

Please note that you can also contact the office by fax at (613) 946-6059 or by email at OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca.

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-submission-buffalo-office-closing-t106563.0.html
(Posted by "chappan")

..."I too called Canadian consulate today and pressed Option 7 (for general inquiry). The lady I spoke with said that as long as the passports were received on or before 31st May, the Buffalo office will take care of them..."

Of course, not everything they've told us has been true, but we do know that Buffalo is still mailing out passports. Hopefully all of you will get your passports back very soon.

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
Good info, Kitchloo.

Just to clarify, when I recommend that people contact Ottawa, it's not because I think Buffalo has closed all operations. At least in my case, the only reason I received a tracking number is because Ottawa prompted them to get in touch with me. I emailed Buffalo and they only sent me a generic response. I emailed Ottawa, they contacted Buffalo, and Buffalo responded to me. Stupid? Yes. Ineffective? Yes. Typical? Yes!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oreidapennsyltucky said:
Good info, Kitchloo.

Just to clarify, when I recommend that people contact Ottawa, it's not because I think Buffalo has closed all operations. At least in my case, the only reason I received a tracking number is because Ottawa prompted them to get in touch with me. I emailed Buffalo and they only sent me a generic response. I emailed Ottawa, they contacted Buffalo, and Buffalo responded to me. Stupid? Yes. Ineffective? Yes. Typical? Yes!
I'm glad you contacted Ottawa and that they made Buffalo respond to you. They always think they can get away with completely ignoring us on serious matters - and having someone's passport IS a serious matter, especially when they won't give you a straight answer on its whereabouts.
Typical indeed. I still think their incompetence was the reason they were shut down.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
kitchloo said:
COPR just arrived. 13 months of frustration for a piece of paper. lol Now onto the next step....
Congratulations! :p :p

Moving's a hassle, but I much preferred it to waiting because at least I could do something, you know?

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isometry said:
Congratulations! :p :p

Moving's a hassle, but I much preferred it to waiting because at least I could do something, you know?
Thanks! :) Yes, the worst part is over. That was a very irritating experience, to put it mildly.

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
kitchloo said:
COPR just arrived. 13 months of frustration for a piece of paper. lol Now onto the next step....
Congrats!!!

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oreidapennsyltucky said:
Congrats!!!
Thank you!

Question: The letter we received says, "If you are already in Canada and have valid temporary resident status, you now have the choice of either obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada or leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry."

My husband has a work permit that is valid until August 25. Stupid question, but does that count as temporary resident status? Does anyone know?

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kitchloo said:
Thank you!

Question: The letter we received says, "If you are already in Canada and have valid temporary resident status, you now have the choice of either obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada or leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry."

My husband has a work permit that is valid until August 25. Stupid question, but does that count as temporary resident status? Does anyone know?
Congrats!

I can't answer your question specifically, but depending on where you are, going to the border to land would likely be the fastest and easiest way to do it either way. I've seen people post saying scheduling an appointment to land in Canada is taking several weeks now. A day trip (or mini vacation) might be the way to go! :)

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
Congrats!

I can't answer your question specifically, but depending on where you are, going to the border to land would likely be the fastest and easiest way to do it either way. I've seen people post saying scheduling an appointment to land in Canada is taking several weeks now. A day trip (or mini vacation) might be the way to go! :)
Thanks so much! That's good to know. Lewiston–Queenston, here we come (once my husband gets the title of his car, which is en route).

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
kitchloo said:
Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kitchloo said:
Thank you!

Yes.