Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
ljane79... AHH THAT'S AWFUL. I am so sorry you had to deal with that, reminds me of the cold woman I spoke to at the FBI office. To them, it is a job so it's hard to care about every case as horrible as it sounds. No, they don't know. :(

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
You're right, she was just reading off her computer screen... don't take it personally.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ECAS was updated for my husband's application today with his mailing address. And yes - they got it right (our address in Toronto). Not a very exciting update - but better than nothing!

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
It's becoming an issue with my guy too. He thinks I sit around all day posting on the forum and watching Oprah...I think spending 8 days in the last year is not THAT much time (1.92 percent to be exact). I guess I could move on since I'm no longer in process.
Just wanted to let you know that we still stalk on the forum too, even though we already landed a while ago. Luckily we both get it, and are happy when other people make it through the process. Just an update for us, we're still waiting for the PR card to arrive, even though we landed on July 19th. CIC is taking forever to send the PR card, and we are officially past the 7 week mark (CIC says it should take 4-6 weeks after landing). We have driven across the border a few times already with no issues (you only need a PR when you enter Canada in a commercial vehicle, e.g. Greyhound bus), but in two weeks, we will be leaving the country by plane, so it will be annoying that we have to get a travel document and pay $50, just because CIC is slow. :mad:

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alisa said:
Just wanted to let you know that we still stalk on the forum too, even though we already landed a while ago. Luckily we both get it, and are happy when other people make it through the process. Just an update for us, we're still waiting for the PR card to arrive, even though we landed on July 19th. CIC is taking forever to send the PR card, and we are officially past the 7 week mark (CIC says it should take 4-6 weeks after landing). We have driven across the border a few times already with no issues (you only need a PR when you enter Canada in a commercial vehicle, e.g. Greyhound bus), but in two weeks, we will be leaving the country by plane, so it will be annoying that we have to get a travel document and pay $50, just because CIC is slow. :mad:
What a drag it is taking so long! How does it work if you don't have it - you mention paying $50 ..........might be in the same situation soon.
Thanks!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
ljane79: That sucks! I'm sorry to hear about your crappy day. I've had those days too at the border and man does it suck. They don't even care if you cry either. No they don't understand, and that makes us feel that much smaller. But once everything goes through and all is said and done, we will be happy and reunited at last with our loved ones.

And you applied on my birthday! Maybe that's good luck ;)

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
alisa said:
Yep, I still "stalk" the forum too. Sorry to hear about your PR card. I guess I shouldn't be expecting my husband's PR card anytime soon since he landed on August 7th. ::)

Although, his AB driver's license, AB healthcare card and his SIN card came a week after he applied... so that was good. :)

Good luck to everyone!! (Especially Dralon and Cherlyn, since they applied around the time we did and they're still waiting.)

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Oh and saugaboss: notes about me. never married. conjugal category. been together over 2 years. met in Oregon camping. I'm American. He's Canadian. I'm 20, he's 32. Meds done February 8, 2010 I think. RPRF paid with application.

Question for everybody. Since I applied as conjugal partners, do you think that being issued a visitor record for two weeks and leaving without trying to renew, would hurt my application? They were pretty firm about 2 weeks, so I dared not ask for longer and was too afraid of being denied entry completely so I moved back to Oregon until now. Anyways, do you think that is substantial enough evidence as an immigration barrier to not be able to obtain common law status. That was my second VR. The first one was 5 months earlier and only allowed for a month visitation. I was just curious because nobody has elaborated on that for me. I have searched the forum else where and only seemed to make my mind hurt. I lived in BC for 5 and a half months prior to the first VR and had applied for a TWP with no reply back from HRSDC, and school is out of the question because tuition is ridiculous as an international student. Though I also mentioned that in my application as well as meeting with admissions counselors to start the process of schooling and apply for a student visa, but school was too expensive.

Any thoughts? Should I be worried? Or am I just getting to that point where we're all at, and second guessing if I put enough information in my application?! AHHH! ???

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
ECAS was updated for my husband's application today with his mailing address. And yes - they got it right (our address in Toronto). Not a very exciting update - but better than nothing!
When did you send the request and how? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi jancath410,

I didn't actually send an update request.

When we submitted my husband's application, we indicated our address in Toronto as his mailing address (rather than his home in the US) since he spends almost all of his time here now.

When ECAS first went live for him, it just showed his name and the fact that his application was being processed (no mailing address). Today the mailing address magically appeared.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any more questions!

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Hi jancath410,

I didn't actually send an update request.

When we submitted my husband's application, we indicated our address in Toronto as his mailing address (rather than his home in the US) since he spends almost all of his time here now.

When ECAS first went live for him, it just showed his name and the fact that his application was being processed (no mailing address). Today the mailing address magically appeared.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Oh I see. It makes sense. Just that I requested a mailing address change recently. Not sure how long they take to update.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
nyssa said:
ljane79... AHH THAT'S AWFUL. I am so sorry you had to deal with that,
sbwv09 said:
You're right, she was just reading off her computer screen... don't take it personally.
kerianne said:
ljane79: That sucks! I'm sorry to hear about your crappy day.
Thanks all of you. I'm trying not to take it personally, but this is so personal it's hard to be professional. And applying on your birthday will hopefully bring me good luck.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
mrsprogram said:
Good luck to everyone!! (Especially Dralon and Cherlyn, since they applied around the time we did and they're still waiting.)
Thanks. I hope I really hope is not much till PPR.

CeeGee

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
I have absolutely amazing and wonderful news to share with everyone on the Buffalo Thread.

I got the request for my passport today via email from Detroit--WHERE OUR FILE WAS TRANSFERRED JUST LAST WEEK!!!

So, here is the timeline: June 2, 2010 app filed in Mississauga
July 5, 2010 sponsorship approved
August 20, 2010 in process in Buffalo
August 31, 2010 file transferred to Detroit
September 3, 2010 AOR letter finally received
September 9, 2010 immigrant visa ready to be issued

I can hardly believe the swiftness of the timeline. It is like a dream come true. So, here are the "facts, ma'am, just the facts" (for any old Dragnet fans still alive). My husband and I are both 52, met online last July, met in January, married in March (on our third date as a matter of fact). I was a widow, he had never been married, we both had no children, both lived in the same town (in our own countries) for 30 years, both owned our own homes, no criminal background, etc. I'm from America; he's from Canada. Our application weighed 3.5 pounds. I included every email, our phone bills which showed 1200 hours of conversation, every card, letter, stub, airline ticket, etc. I had never had a passport until I came to visit him. I had the application in four clear file folders with everything in it labled and held with binder clips.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Congrats! Thats so swift you must be very happy! :)