+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

A

achander

hey all,

does anyone know the timeline to get the PP back from LA consulate. I mailed in my PP on 21st Feb and they received it on 23rd. Will be 3 weeks on Thursday. Just wondering if anyone had any previous experience with LA.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
GOGOGO said:
And I don't think there is any conclusion on which.
Yeah, the more people I get on there, there less it looks like there is a connection. It was a good experiment at least, cause it did seem for a while like the majority of transfers were from people inside Canada.

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
GOGOGO said:
My eCAS doesn't say medical received either. I just tracked the letter myself and presume they've got it.
I didn't know you could track the delivery of the medicals....Where did u get the tracking number from? I contacted my husband's doc's office, and they had fwded the medicals to ottawa...I checked it myself through canada post website. But how do u track it from ottawa- buf- NYC? Is there anyway without contacting the immigration officer?

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
achander said:
hey all,

does anyone know the timeline to get the PP back from LA consulate. I mailed in my PP on 21st Feb and they received it on 23rd. Will be 3 weeks on Thursday. Just wondering if anyone had any previous experience with LA.

My wife and I submitted in person. It was quick, got there at 830, PP ready by 2:30.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Sorry, I was not clear. It wasn't the doctor's copy. It's my own copy (green form given by the doctor) that I had to mail to the Mississauga/VO.

Shirsho said:
I didn't know you could track the delivery of the medicals....Where did u get the tracking number from? I contacted my husband's doc's office, and they had fwded the medicals to ottawa...I checked it myself through canada post website. But how do u track it from ottawa- buf- NYC? Is there anyway without contacting the immigration officer?

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Got my FBI result today. It took exactly 2 months.

1/13 - Fingerprint for FBI done and mailed
1/17 - Fingerprint delivered at FBI by usps
2/17 - FBI fee posted to credit card
3/13 - FBI results received at Canada address (letter dated 3/9, showing search completed 3/7)

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
I was just wondering what the percentage of ppr's are by email or 'real' letter. I know those that have recieved ppr are less likely to come and visit seeing as their process is over but for those that have got their ppr's I'd be interested to see.

Please and thank you.

(although I do realise I beat myself up by checking email and then walking doen to the post box on delivery day and being all sad once again lol).

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
Hey moochops,
I got my PPR through email at 9:45 am. I've only heard ppl getting PPR thru emails but I was also checking my mail regularly hoping something would come!

Thanks for all the congrats! It does feel good to get PPR but I'm also crossing fingers for all of you, especially the ones who have been waiting for a long time (the process is so unfair!!)

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
CONGRATS!!! :D

doghouse said:
Hey moochops,
I got my PPR through email at 9:45 am. I've only heard ppl getting PPR thru emails but I was also checking my mail regularly hoping something would come!

Thanks for all the congrats! It does feel good to get PPR but I'm also crossing fingers for all of you, especially the ones who have been waiting for a long time (the process is so unfair!!)

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
doghouse said:
Hey moochops,

Thanks for that and congrats.

It concerns me somewhat because they had my email address incorrect (they had included it in my contact info when sending me my request via snail mail for updated police checks).

I emailed them and asked that they kindly ammend it - but obviously i'm as likely to get an affirmation of that as I am to get my hubby to notice a new hairstyle ;D

veronica.law

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>>>Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-03-2012 HK Police Check
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
After the VO received the police check that they have requested. Do you guys know how long approx. that I will get PPR?

Cycyna

Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-07-2011
File Transfer...
01-12-2011
Med's Request
(Sent with app)
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
Hi everyone, I am an American citizen and my husband is Canadian, been married since July 2010, we have sent our app last year, they have received in July 2011, returned it to my husband in September because I forgot to sign a form, I signed it then we sent it back, they started processing it in Jan 11th and 2 days ago they sent me an email requesting a photocopy of all pages of my passport and 2 pictures with descriptions of eye color and height in order to finalize my app.
Since my app was being processed in Buffalo, but I am in Canada now visiting my hubby, yesterday (March 13th) I have sent the Xpresspost envelopes with the requested docs to Fort Erie, they should get it today or tomorrow there. Anyway, my question was, how long will it take after this to get the COPR back and how much time do they usually give you (after you get your CPOR) to land? Obviously I am going to make an appointment at the local immigration office to land because the nearest border is 18 hours drive, but we are planning on going to Europe at the end of the month for 21 days (March 28th til April 19th) so I thought if I have enough time, I will land on my way back from Europe, at the airport, again that is if the time frame they give me is 30 days or more...
Thank you and btw, this forum rocks, it helped me get so much info about the whole process.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Cycyna- CONGRATS TO YOU!! We are pretty similar situations and I hope to get similar good news as you did very soon! Very exciting and I'm glad the wait is finally over for you :) All the best to you!

Cycyna said:
Hi everyone, I am an American citizen and my husband is Canadian, been married since July 2010, we have sent our app last year, they have received in July 2011, returned it to my husband in September because I forgot to sign a form, I signed it then we sent it back, they started processing it in Jan 11th and 2 days ago they sent me an email requesting a photocopy of all pages of my passport and 2 pictures with descriptions of eye color and height in order to finalize my app.
Since my app was being processed in Buffalo, but I am in Canada now visiting my hubby, yesterday (March 13th) I have sent the Xpresspost envelopes with the requested docs to Fort Erie, they should get it today or tomorrow there. Anyway, my question was, how long will it take after this to get the COPR back and how much time do they usually give you (after you get your CPOR) to land? Obviously I am going to make an appointment at the local immigration office to land because the nearest border is 18 hours drive, but we are planning on going to Europe at the end of the month for 21 days (March 28th til April 19th) so I thought if I have enough time, I will land on my way back from Europe, at the airport, again that is if the time frame they give me is 30 days or more...
Thank you and btw, this forum rocks, it helped me get so much info about the whole process.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
computergeek said:
An open work permit is only available via the inland sponsorship route and this is the outland sponsorship thread, so either you're posting in the wrong thread OR you were mistaken in believing that you'd have an open work permit.

Does your husband have a college degree? If so, I'd suggest looking at the NAFTA categories, because a US Citizen working in one of the dozens of NAFTA categories does not need an LMO (which is usually the stumbling block for MOST employers.) For example, I have a Bachelor's in Mathematics and that is one of the numerous categories that qualifies - I could apply for any job that required a degree in Mathematics. With an employment offer, demonstration that the job requirements meet the NAFTA category, two pictures and $200 a work permit was available at the POE (in my case, I actually had my company arrange for an intra-company transferee permit, but that's just another NAFTA category.)

Of course, your options depend upon what your husband's skills are. As a Canadian Citizen, you can always hire him as well - go register as a sole proprietor (or create a corporation) and go get an LMO (it's even more paperwork, but it's not very difficult surprisingly.) Then he can work for you. For some, this isn't practical, but there are ways to be creative in this area.

Thank you so much for the info, we did apply for outland as I didn't want to risk him not being able to go back to his family if ever their was an emergency. I like the company bit!! He only has a trade school diploma in Marine Mechanics. So i do not think any NAFTA category would apply. I guess I misunderstood the whole work permit thing,either way to obtain a work permit would take longer than the whole outland immigration process and therefore in my eyes is not worth it.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
ddobro2 said:
I think you're thinking of the inland process here, during which you do have the right to work after sponsorship approval. Sponsorship approval takes close to a year though. For outlanders, you need to have landed to start working unless you have a work permit. You'll likely need an LMO to get a work permit (I am not an expert in all the different options by any means), and since work permits requiring an LMO also require a CAQ if they're Québec job offers (and you noted you live in that province), you're going to have to get a CAQ as well.
Of course Québec always has to make things more difficult....Thank you for the info you have provided I greatly appreciate it!