Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
got a fax back on friday saying our medical results were forwarded to buffalo.
our most recent set of fingerprints were signed for last wednesday so now its back to waiting for us.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
the-fanatics said:
Came back home with a pleasant surprise (have to work this weekend) - received another letter from B'lo saying that they are expecting to finalize our application without a personal interview. BUT! (there has to be a "but" somewhere) But, they are requested an extra police certficate from the applicant's home country (although the applicant has been living in the US since 17) and also a statutory declaration for common law union.

We are not surprised to see these two requests coming. We got the common law declaration done a month ago after reading the advice from some fellow B'lo applicants on the forum so we are ready to send those out. We couldn't apply for the police cert from the applicant's home country without CIC's request letter so at least now we can get the ball rolling. :-\

Just another bump in our way...but at least no interview! ;)
Good news!! I still haven't gotten the snail mail AOR :(

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
sbwv09 said:
Good news!! I still haven't gotten the snail mail AOR :(
Could anyone tell me what the AOR looks like. I'm pretty sure that I got it. I found this at Acknowledgement of Receipt

My impression was that the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) is the first communication issued by the Canadian immigration Processing Post after your sponsorship approval letter. The AOR provides the file number assigned to the application as well as the official receipt for the processing fees paid to the consulate. The issuance of the AOR clearly indicates that the application was received at the immigration processing post and that a file has been created and opened.

This is what mine says or the one that I think is the AOR:
This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Regional
Programme Centre (RPC) and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above.
Quote this number when corresponding with our office. Your receipt for the processing fees is
attached.

The next step: Your file has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment. All applications are
processed according to the date on which they are received within the Federal Skilled Worker category. Once your file has been assessed, you will receive additional information and instructions. At that time, you may also receive medical forms with instructions.

WE CANNOT RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL IT HAS BEEN ASSESSED. (WE ARE CURRENTLY ASSESSING FILES RECEIVED 36 WEEKS AGO.)

bla, bla, bla

sbwv09, have you received this letter?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sorry I didn't include this. Got this info from http://www.canada-city.ca/canada-immigration/posting.php?messageid=4174

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
ljane79 said:
Could anyone tell me what the AOR looks like. I'm pretty sure that I got it. I found this at Acknowledgement of Receipt

My impression was that the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) is the first communication issued by the Canadian immigration Processing Post after your sponsorship approval letter. The AOR provides the file number assigned to the application as well as the official receipt for the processing fees paid to the consulate. The issuance of the AOR clearly indicates that the application was received at the immigration processing post and that a file has been created and opened.

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Regional
Programme Centre (RPC) and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above.
Quote this number when corresponding with our office. Your receipt for the processing fees is
attached.

The next step: Your file has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment. All applications are
processed according to the date on which they are received within the Federal Skilled Worker category. Once your file has been assessed, you will receive additional information and instructions. At that time, you may also receive medical forms with instructions.

WE CANNOT RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL IT HAS BEEN ASSESSED. (WE ARE CURRENTLY ASSESSING FILES RECEIVED 36 WEEKS AGO.)

bla, bla, bla

Are you applying in the Federally Skilled Worker program?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
heatherusa said:
Are you applying in the Federally Skilled Worker program?
no, family. I just figured the AOR's would look the same and another fellow posted it on the site I referenced.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
ljane79 said:
no, family. I just figured the AOR's would look the same and another fellow posted it on the site I referenced.
I only asked because what you posted said FSW....

If your letter said that I would be concerned that they have you mixed up with someone else.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ljane79 said:
I'm lazy and I didn't want to type the thing when another person already had. It's very similar minus the skilled worker part. Anyway, sorry for the confusion. But is this the AOR??

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Sounds like it. I think they come with barcode stickers to with you B# on them. They are for forwarding any other information to the B'lo office. You're supposed to stick them on the outside of the envelopes for future commincation with CIC, that way they can match up the stuff you mail them with your file quickly. Those should be enclosed with the AOR.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I know my file is in process because of ecas. I haven't gotten a snail mail letter yet saying anything at all from Buffalo. I got some emails about my file being created before ecas said 'in process', so I don't know if that is in lieu of the hard copy or what.

S

SaugaBoss

I am going to receive my second FBI Certificate next week. The first one I mailed in with my application was expired by 2-3 weeks. The IO might or might not ask for another one. So far they have not asked for any additional information. Do you think i should mail out my certificate when i get it or wait until they ask? They might not even ask for it depends on how strict the IO is.

Debating on whether i should hang on to it and maybe send a copy or something.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Usually the rule of thumb is just wait until they ask. Good thing you have it already!

S

SaugaBoss

nyssa said:
Usually the rule of thumb is just wait until they ask. Good thing you have it already!
well they will mail it no later than friday and it should be with me by next week :)

i'm just thinking maybe mailing it in will speed it up because just in case they ask i have to wait for their letter and then mail it out... but ur probably right because soooo many people's were lost!

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Anybody got some news ???

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
ljane79 said:

attached.

bla, bla, bla

Yes the wording of the letter that you quoted is correct. I just received my AOR from Buffalo today and that is how it was worded. Also it included 15 barcode stickers and mentioned to make sure to save 1 for the passport request. Also said these stickers should be place on the outside of the envelope when you mail it to them.
I got updated last Tues. that my file started processing Aug 19th, but the letter has a date stamped of Aug 18th. I am just happy to have my AOR by mail.
The letter came in a normal size eve elope and only 2 pages long. Sender was the Buffalo consulate.