09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
doghouse said:
Hey moochops, which email address did you email them at? I think I'm going to try and email them to see if they can give me my AOR.. ::)
Hey Doghouse it was this one re-buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca the one that is linked to on Ecas.

I just put something along the lines of

Dear all,

Whilst I appreciate that you must be super busy, I was under the impression that you should acknowledge reciept of applications for permanent residence within certain timescales.

As I have not yet had this confirmaion I am slightly worried that you do not have my application and would appreciate a response with my file number.

Many thanks
Moochops xxx

Thanks Ddobro2, though the fact that they do actually read the emails on the day of receipt fills me with a tiny glimmer :)

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
No kidding! I've renewed mine myself, and it wasn't even hard to do! C'mon, people! Save your money!!

AmericaninQuebec said:
$1000? Is that what some immigration consultants charge for a simple visitor record extension that costs $75 if you do it yourself? My god, I think I may need to set up practice as an immigration consultant if that's the sort of prices they're charging (and people are actually paying)! :eek:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seriously. They probably justify charging that much because they have membership dues to pay (they're regulated by CSIS which makes them pay about a thousand dollars or more per year. Regulated unscrupulous immigration consultants is expensive, after all). But why would you want to set up shop as a consultant when you're already a lawyer?

AmericaninQuebec said:
$1000? Is that what some immigration consultants charge for a simple visitor record extension that costs $75 if you do it yourself? My god, I think I may need to set up practice as an immigration consultant if that's the sort of prices they're charging (and people are actually paying)! :eek:

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Seriously. They probably justify charging that much because they have membership dues to pay (they're regulated by CSIS which makes them pay about a thousand dollars or more per year. Regulated unscrupulous immigration consultants is expensive, after all). But why would you want to set up shop as a consultant when you're already a lawyer?
Ah well, if I went into it for real I'd do it as an immigration attorney, but mostly I was just incredulous that they'd charge that much. I don't know if I'd want to deal with CIC for the rest of my life though. Haha.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha, true but it beats dealing with CIC and giving them your money :p
AmericaninQuebec said:
Ah well, if I went into it for real I'd do it as an immigration attorney, but mostly I was just incredulous that they'd charge that much. I don't know if I'd want to deal with CIC for the rest of my life though. Haha.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Consultations alone with some big lawyers cost around $200-300. You guys are lucky if you could do things on your own.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
It's easy to renew your visitor record online with CIC. All you really need to do is fill out the questions, and scan the ID and signature page of your passport. It will be good to have the Client ID number from your visitor record, as well as the visa file number for your PR application. This is what I did, and I had no problems. Don't forget to give them proof of how you'll be financially supporting yourself while in Canada. (or how you'll be supported)

Since you have a month left, I would advise you to stay in Canada while you wait for your new visitor record to come in the mail, but I'd file it real soon. It will cost you $75 to renew your visitor record.

Here's a couple of links to help you out....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/extend-visit.asp

Also, you should be aware that if you file your renewal app after your visitor record has expired, you'll be charged an extra $200 to restore your status!
When you do it online does it have an option of uploading files, such as bank statements and other documents? Or do you just submit an online app and explain your situation in the space provided in the actual form?

When I did mine last year I had to do it through paper-based application because they didn't have such option of uploading files and I needed to send them additional docs to support my app.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Me three about the waste of youth part. I believe nhl has a wifey not a hubby, btw :p
Thanks for correcting me but I can't keep up sometimes with everyone's gender :)

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
Thankfully, I've spent most all of my youth while I was still young. (not that I'm necessarily old) :D
I feel like I am speeding up my aging process with all this immigration crap, thus reducing my "youth" time. Did it make sense to anyone what I just wrote ;D?

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Yes it does. I've uploaded a scanned image of my passport, along with some financial information for them to look through. You'll also have the option of explaining your situation after you've uploaded your stuff, too.

Quince777 said:
When you do it online does it have an option of uploading files, such as bank statements and other documents? Or do you just submit an online app and explain your situation in the space provided in the actual form?

When I did mine last year I had to do it through paper-based application because they didn't have such option of uploading files and I needed to send them additional docs to support my app.

veronica.law

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>>>Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-03-2012 HK Police Check
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
Anyone who applied in August 2011, already have their file in process ?
I keep checking everyday, and every time I check shows only " File Received".
How many weeks or months more I can be a PR :(
Can't wait cant wait!

I hope I can have a good news on my birthday haha 8)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Possible but doubtful that Buffalo would finalize a file they received in October. There are plenty of people still waiting whose applications have been at the consulate since July or earlier.
veronica.law said:
Anyone who applied in August 2011, already have their file in process ?
I keep checking everyday, and every time I check shows only " File Received".
How many weeks or months more I can be a PR :(
Can't wait cant wait!

I hope I can have a good news on my birthday haha 8)

veronica.law

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>>>Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
ddobro2 said:
Possible but doubtful that Buffalo would finalize a file they received in October. There are plenty of people still waiting whose applications have been at the consulate since July or earlier.
so you mean that Buffalo has already finalize some October applicant while some July applicants still waiting??
How is that possible....this is so random...

This is a very time wasting process haha
I really wish I will receive something by my bday that would be the best bday and Valentine's day gifts ever from my boyfriend haha :p

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
veronica.law said:
so you mean that Buffalo has already finalize some October applicant while some July applicants still waiting??
How is that possible....this is so random...

This is a very time wasting process haha
I really wish I will receive something by my bday that would be the best bday and Valentine's day gifts ever from my boyfriend haha :p
Thankfully not according to Ddobro2's spreadsheet. A 3 month total turn around time? I don't think anyone has seen that out of Buffalo in a few years now. I know someone who got PPR back in 2009 or 2010 (forget which) after a 4 mth wait (including spousal sponsorship app processing time), but that's pretty much the shortest I've ever heard of. I think a safe bet average is about 6 or 7 mths.

veronica.law

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>>>Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
AmericaninQuebec said:
Thankfully not according to Ddobro2's spreadsheet. A 3 month total turn around time? I don't think anyone has seen that out of Buffalo in a few years now. I know someone who got PPR back in 2009 or 2010 (forget which) after a 4 mth wait (including spousal sponsorship app processing time), but that's pretty much the shortest I've ever heard of. I think a safe bet average is about 6 or 7 mths.
SO hopefully, I can get my pr 2or 3 months later.