waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Lol, no worries. Seriously, if it's that much of a hassle it's better to just have the list and leave the transcribing of the items to Border Services. I luckily have no importing issues to deal with, car or otherwise. All my humble worldly possessions are already in country, the only thing that's not is the damn visa.
I didn't have any trouble printing mine on legal sized paper. The one hassle is that you can't save it, of course.

doublemint

Oct 31, 2011
doublemint said:
Timeline:

15/JUL/2011: medicals done
27/JUL/2011: application mailed
14/OCT/2011: sponsorship approved
25/OCT/2011: (received physical mail, sponsorship approved)
25/OCT/2011: first check of ecas:

We received X's application for permanent residence on August 4, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

07/DEC/2011: (received email, file transferred to Los Angeles)
Got an ecas tracker email today!

08/JAN/2012: ecas status changed to "In Process":

We started processing X's application on January 4, 2012.

I hope things go smoothly in LA. :)

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
FBI Approved Channeler, yay or nay?

I see the question keeps coming up, but I seem to be missing the answer. My daughter and I are going through the channeler to get our checks done quickly,thinking I would then put in the request through the FBI, just in case they ask for it.

I see a couple of people have sent the letters from the channeler, has Buffalo accepted this, or requested more info from you?

Need to call the DMP today... sigh...

Cheers!
-Pigey

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The last person who asked about FBI channelers on the thread was krhale11 on December 11 but unforch never came back to report what she did or what ended up being accepted or not. So I have no idea how Buffalo approaches it.
Pigey said:
FBI Approved Channeler, yay or nay?

I see the question keeps coming up, but I seem to be missing the answer. My daughter and I are going through the channeler to get our checks done quickly,thinking I would then put in the request through the FBI, just in case they ask for it.

I see a couple of people have sent the letters from the channeler, has Buffalo accepted this, or requested more info from you?

Need to call the DMP today... sigh...

Cheers!
-Pigey

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Thanks guys. I think for this year we will file separately as I don't want to go through the hassles of joint filing. We'll wait til she's here.

There is an option that says to pick "single" if she is married and either separated, or spouse is a non-resident alien. I am assuming I am a non-resident alien, so she should pick this option I guess.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doublemint said:
Got an ecas tracker email today!

08/JAN/2012: ecas status changed to "In Process":

We started processing X's application on January 4, 2012.

I hope things go smoothly in LA. :)
Yay! Some movement and it's in process I think it's a good sign!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
cantor2537 said:
Thanks guys. I think for this year we will file separately as I don't want to go through the hassles of joint filing. We'll wait til she's here.

There is an option that says to pick "single" if she is married and either separated, or spouse is a non-resident alien. I am assuming I am a non-resident alien, so she should pick this option I guess.
I honestly don't remember so I can't confirm that for you. I would say that if you or your wife has questions then you shouldn't hesitate to call the IRS helpline. I know the IRS has a bad reputation, but I have used the helpline two years in a row and have honestly had nothing but good experiences. Especially the out of country helpline for ex-pats. The wait time was a little long at times, but the people are genuinely trying to help answer your questions. They're not accountants or tax attorneys, but they're pretty good for answering questions like your most recent one. I think the IRS is trying to improve its reputation, either that or they're genuinely happy to help people who want to pay their taxes! ;)

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
I honestly don't remember so I can't confirm that for you. I would say that if you or your wife has questions then you shouldn't hesitate to call the IRS helpline. I know the IRS has a bad reputation, but I have used the helpline two years in a row and have honestly had nothing but good experiences. Especially the out of country helpline for ex-pats. The wait time was a little long at times, but the people are genuinely trying to help answer your questions. They're not accountants or tax attorneys, but they're pretty good for answering questions like your most recent one. I think the IRS is trying to improve its reputation, either that or they're genuinely happy to help people who want to pay their taxes! ;)
I also have used and had a good experience.

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
Well, I will give it a go and see what happens... will post when I get any feedback.

Medicals are scheduled for my daughter and myself... Interesting, they want pap smears because we are girls.

ddobro2 said:
The last person who asked about FBI channelers on the thread was krhale11 on December 11 but unforch never came back to report what she did or what ended up being accepted or not. So I have no idea how Buffalo approaches it.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pigey said:
Well, I will give it a go and see what happens... will post when I get any feedback.

Medicals are scheduled for my daughter and myself... Interesting, they want pap smears because we are girls.
Did anybody else have to do pap smears for medicals? Is it required procedure for medicals?

mpbnrocker

Feb 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
File Transfer...
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Hi,

Is the below link is the correct one for the buffalo applications? Moreover when applying from Quebec which of the following forms needs to be completed by the sponsor?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class
The content below is offered in PDF format. For more information or to download the appropriate viewer, check the Help page.

Forms

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 93 KB)
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 356 KB)
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB)
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 160 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Thanks

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Quince777 said:
Did anybody else have to do pap smears for medicals? Is it required procedure for medicals?
I don't recall having one. I remember blood samples, urine sample, chest x-ray, basic eye exam w/a chart, and a brief physical exam. I feel like I would recall a pap smear if I'd had one. Hehe.

Is there a general guideline for the medical exams? Perhaps the DMP that was chosen generally includes a pap smear in the physical exam he/she gives and just assumes it is part of the physical exam for immigration purposes as well. I know my personal physician back in the U.S. normally included pap smears in the yearly physical exam if you didn't inform her that you'd already had one with your gyno that year.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mpbnrocker said:
Hi,

Is the below link is the correct one for the buffalo applications? Moreover when applying from Quebec which of the following forms needs to be completed by the sponsor?
The instructions should specify which forms, but at the very least the checklist included at the link you provided (and also here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF) indicates which forms are not necessary for sponsors who are residents of Quebec.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericaninQuebec said:
I don't recall having one. I remember blood samples, urine sample, chest x-ray, basic eye exam w/a chart, and a brief physical exam. I feel like I would recall a pap smear if I'd had one. Hehe.

Is there a general guideline for the medical exams? Perhaps the DMP that was chosen generally includes a pap smear in the physical exam he/she gives and just assumes it is part of the physical exam for immigration purposes as well. I know my personal physician back in the U.S. normally included pap smears in the yearly physical exam if you didn't inform her that you'd already had one with your gyno that year.
I haven't done pap in my immigration medical either, that's why I'm surprised that somebody is having it done. I decided I would ask others to make sure it's not a standard procedure for all immigration medicals.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are the same for all family class applications, the only thing that differs by region is when you get to the region-specific forms, which are in part III.

Of the part I forms you listed here, you would not do the Sponsorship Evaluation being a Quebec applicant. Obviously, you would not need to fill out the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union and the Use of a Representative form if you were not in a common-law union and not using a representative to inquire about your file, respectively.

Like americaninquebec said, you really want to look at what's required for all three parts as well as very carefully reading the instructions in the forms themselves and the checklists that are in both part I and part III. You may even want to read the sponsorship guide and the immigrant's guide.

mpbnrocker said:
Hi,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class
The content below is offered in PDF format. For more information or to download the appropriate viewer, check the Help page.

Forms

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 93 KB)
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 356 KB)
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB)
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 160 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Thanks