WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
mjh49783aa said:
Just received my visitor record extension today. I'm now good until September 19, 2012. One less thing to worry about. :)
CONGRATS!!!!!! ;D

shelleydalyce

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1, 2011
AOR Received.
July 11, 2011 after an email and some prodding
File Transfer...
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
mjh49783aa said:
That must also be new because when my wife received her sponsorship approval letter, it only had a Client ID number, and some sort of 'kit number' which I have no clue what it's really all about.
You'll likely find that number useless. We did anyway. If you're in Canada on a visitor record it will have a client ID. That can also be used for Ecas with the info of whichever of you it is that's on a visitor record as it turns out.

That number also appeared on my visa counterfoil and my PR card. It sticks with you apparently.

shelleydalyce

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1, 2011
AOR Received.
July 11, 2011 after an email and some prodding
File Transfer...
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
mameelynn said:
Just a quick question about form IMM 5490. Are they asking for only blood relatives for my husband or do we put his in-laws (my father, sister, nieces and nephew)? Thanks!
In-laws don't count as relatives.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Well today was my bring forward date for them to review my app again.I had all the extra stuff they wanted turned in 2 weeks ago thanks to my MP so hopefully I hear something soon.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a good question but I think CIC is purposefully phrasing that question so that people respond according to what their own idea of what a relative is (nuclear family vs. extended family, in-laws, etc.). It's always best, I believe, to give immigration more information (if available, and within reason, of your course), and not less. If they're not interested that you have a great-aunt or whatever living in New Brunswick they can disregard that. I suspect they may be asking that to find out if the principal applicant has another source of support inside the country besides the sponsor and possibly to also know if the PA could have been sponsored by another individual.
mameelynn said:
Sorry, Yeah I'm looking at question 8 where it asks "Do you have family members or other relatives (i.e. aunt, uncle, cousin, etc.) living in Canada?" and I'm wondering if this is only asking if he has blood relatives or if we would put my family(his in-laws)? Thanks!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mameelynn said:
Sorry, Yeah I'm looking at question 8 where it asks "Do you have family members or other relatives (i.e. aunt, uncle, cousin, etc.) living in Canada?" and I'm wondering if this is only asking if he has blood relatives or if we would put my family(his in-laws)? Thanks!
I didn't put down my in-laws. I interpreted that to mean someone I was related to by blood so I put down that I didn't have any relatives living in Canada. I don't think it would hurt you if you did put them down, but my interpretation of it was that they wanted to know if you had direct relatives (parents/siblings/aunts/uncles/cousins/etc.) living in Canada. Maybe I have a limited interpretation of the term relatives though. ::)

sandraqi

Jun 7, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo/ New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2011 Buffalo, transferred to New York on 16-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2011
Passport Req..
05-March-2012
mjh49783aa said:
Just received my visitor record extension today. I'm now good until September 19, 2012. One less thing to worry about. :)
Congrats~~~~~
By the way, when you apply visitor record extension during you're waiting for PR period, do you still need to provide the ticket or "Details of how you intend to leave Canada including the date, time and type of transportation"?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
mameelynn said:
Don't list your relatives (his in-laws); list only his family members (mother, father, sister, uncle, cousin,etc) related by blood, not marriage.

I have a speculation on the purpose of the question as well, a bit different from ddobros...family reunification and suspicion of marriage fraud. If cic learns, by asking the question, that all the applicants family members live in Canada but not able to qualify to sponsor, then they might be more likely to consider the possibility of a marriage of convenience. To reiterate, I am just speculating on the purpose.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Actually, the only proofs they wanted from me was a photocopy of the biographical pages of my passport, and proof of how I'm going to support myself. That was it. I'm a border town resident, so having a return ticket isn't necessary. Meanwhile, I have plenty of ways to leave from driving away, taking a bus, getting a ride from my father-in-law, etc.... At this particular border crossing, even leaving by bicycle is possible, though not recommended. I've even seen people do that, although few and far in between, and there is no separate bicycle lane for those guys. Meanwhile, I still go back and forth in order to maintain my residence in the USA while I wait for my PPR.

Speaking of PPR, maybe I have that in my mailbox today? I don't know, but I'm going back later on to catch up on my mail.

sandraqi said:
Congrats~~~~~
By the way, when you apply visitor record extension during you're waiting for PR period, do you still need to provide the ticket or "Details of how you intend to leave Canada including the date, time and type of transportation"?

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
AllisonVSC said:
Don't list your relatives (his in-laws); list only his family members (mother, father, sister, uncle, cousin,etc) related by blood, not marriage.

I have a speculation on the purpose of the question as well, a bit different from ddobros...family reunification and suspicion of marriage fraud. If cic learns, by asking the question, that all the applicants family members live in Canada but not able to qualify to sponsor, then they might be more likely to consider the possibility of a marriage of convenience. To reiterate, I am just speculating on the purpose.
That's what I thought as well.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I didn't put in-laws either. After all, I barely knew my sister-in-law and brother-in-law that were living here at the time I was applying. I also don't think that's what CIC is expecting people to acknowledge as "family members." I still say, however, that's when in doubt, it's always better to give them more information than less. We're not one of the ones here to fraud the system, so what is there to hide?
AmericaninQuebec said:
I didn't put down my in-laws. I interpreted that to mean someone I was related to by blood so I put down that I didn't have any relatives living in Canada. I don't think it would hurt you if you did put them down, but my interpretation of it was that they wanted to know if you had direct relatives (parents/siblings/aunts/uncles/cousins/etc.) living in Canada. Maybe I have a limited interpretation of the term relatives though. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're right, and that's what I had in mind when I said, "to also know if the PA could have been sponsored by another individual." On the other hand, CIC has many other ways to determine if a sponsorship is based on a marriage of convenience or not. And given that there are quite a few couples that are either border couples, or long-term/older couples that have been living in the U.S., one can argue that, for someone choosing whether to remain in the States or apply for Canadian PR via sponsorship by a spouse that one is NOT in a MOC with, the number of remaining family members they have in Canada is a good influence on whether they want to relocate there or not.

AmericaninQuebec said:

veronica.law

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>>>Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-03-2012 HK Police Check
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
I saw some of the people say that they called the call center and asked for pr status.
I wanna know what number did you guys call?
I called 18882422100 but they said they don't have the information about my file once it is transferred to buffalo. So is there any number for buffalo?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no number for Buffalo. The Call Centre will usually tell you what you already see in e-cas. They do not know what is happening to your file at the visa offices outside of Canada.
veronica.law said:
I saw some of the people say that they called the call center and asked for pr status.
I wanna know what number did you guys call?
I called 18882422100 but they said they don't have the information about my file once it is transferred to buffalo. So is there any number for buffalo?

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Guy Who's Applying name.
Decision Made In Process

We received His application for permanent residence on June 30, 2011.

We started processing His application on December 6, 2011.

Medical results have been received. (Put there on October 15, disappeared December 1, reappeared December 5)

The medicals expire March 15, 2012.
CIC-M received June 30, 2011, transferred to Buffalo August 31, 2011, and then 'medicals received' on Oct 15.
Spousal, Buffalo, US to Canada, Outland

I know that eCase is 'horrible', but I'm still looking at it every so often. (Namely, when my eCas tracker tells me something has changed.)

I'm feeling my tummy knot. XD