Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did your first set of GCMS notes say? Did you go ahead and email ATIP the next request?
Eddy070 said:
Just too tired with my finger crossed for this whole process. It's really frustrating just can wait to get over it

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first set of request seem all positive with Medical Received but incomplete, so we just sent the second set last night just can't wait to receive it next month just to see what has been holding us up

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So of the "Assessments," on page 2, only "Medical" was in progress, and Eligibility, Security, and Criminality were Not Started? Any freehand comments?

That second set of notes should refer to the documents Buffalo later requested that you sent. When did you pay RPRF?

Eddy070 said:
The first set of request seem all positive with Medical Received but incomplete, so we just sent the second set last night just can't wait to receive it next month just to see what has been holding us up

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
So of the "Assessments," on page 2, only "Medical" was in progress, and Eligibility, Security, and Criminality were Not Started? Any freehand comments?

That second set of notes should refer to the documents Buffalo later requested that you sent. When did you pay RPRF?
RPRF was paid upfront and submitted with the application. Hoping for the best tho

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
ddobro2 said:
I'm so happy that you noted why you did not have any guests, and am so with you on this - that it's not fair to one spouse if the other has guests from his or her side present but the other spouse has no one. I think it's better to just have no guests than to have a situation where it is not representative of your relationship. And really - a marriage is, when you get down to it, the two people in it, and no one else.
I was bitter for weeks that my husband's dad invited my husband's aunt, uncle, cousins, and TWO PEOPLE I'D NEVER MET BEFORE to our very intimate and meant to be simple civil ceremony. My parents couldn't make the trip because my dad had to work, which made it even worse for me - I had no one there. I totally flipped out on the hubs when he told me about all the people who were coming to our ceremony without anyone even asking me if it was okay. Sooo glad we had a second proper wedding a year later that actually felt like a wedding for me. The other deal was just -- mrp.

PS: His aunt FILMED the ceremony even after I explicitly said I did NOT want anyone filming me! So rude.... :mad:

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just that sometimes you have a crazy feelings like as if you screw up your application or there is a whole lot of mistakes in it...lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, I can see how you'd be pissed. And yet you guys survived that little episode :p
mcmasters said:
I was bitter for weeks that my husband's dad invited my husband's aunt, uncle, cousins, and TWO PEOPLE I'D NEVER MET BEFORE to our very intimate and meant to be simple civil ceremony. My parents couldn't make the trip because my dad had to work, which made it even worse for me - I had no one there. I totally flipped out on the hubs when he told me about all the people who were coming to our ceremony without anyone even asking me if it was okay. Sooo glad we had a second proper wedding a year later that actually felt like a wedding for me. The other deal was just -- mrp.

PS: His aunt FILMED the ceremony even after I explicitly said I did NOT want anyone filming me! So rude.... :mad:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, that's why i was asking about the other assessments other than medical in the notes.
Eddy070 said:
Just that sometimes you have a crazy feelings like as if you screw up your application or there is a whole lot of mistakes in it...lol

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
jstnmlr said:
I have one for you. I had my original ceremony at my work, where my wife and I met. It's a small family run business. My boss is like family and he's a retired minister and preformed the ceremony. I'm sure that looks super MOC! Although we had a big expensive wedding 5 months later. I should send them the bill to prove it!
On sending them the wedding bill: word. If you get called in for an interview, bring all that stuff for sure! Our best pieces of evidence for our relationship (before our big wedding) were the photocopies of dated, handwritten entries from my personal journal talking about the hubs that we included with our app.

SnowMoose

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/02/2011
File Transfer...
25/03/2011
still trying to post

SnowMoose

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/02/2011
File Transfer...
25/03/2011
Hi All,

You can see, hopefully in my signature my initial timeline. This is what happened next.

07/18/11 the eCas tracker notified me that my status had changed.
So I logged into the CIC on-line services and saw this:

"We started processing ________ 's (my) application on July 15, 2011."

"Medical results have been received."

Note: I did NOT receive an email from CIC.

And then...

Friday 07/22/11 got the PPR request email !

I immediately had photos taken and sent my passport via USPS Express mail to Buffalo.

Buffalo stamped my papers “received 07/25/11”

My visa was stamped 08/11/11

I received it in the post shortly after that.

We will "land” in about two weeks.

Wishing you all equally smooth processing times!

SnowMoose

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what I was asking about! :) So you got PPR way back in July?! Congrats - I will update you in the spreadsheet! ;D
SnowMoose said:
Hi All,

You can see, hopefully in my signature my initial timeline. This is what happened next.

07/18/11 the eCas tracker notified me that my status had changed.
So I logged into the CIC on-line services and saw this:

"We started processing ________ 's (my) application on July 15, 2011."

"Medical results have been received."

Note: I did NOT receive an email from CIC.

And then...

Friday 07/22/11 got the PPR request email !

I immediately had photos taken and sent my passport via USPS Express mail to Buffalo.

Buffalo stamped my papers “received 07/25/11”

My visa was stamped 08/11/11

I received it in the post shortly after that.

We will "land” in about two weeks.

Wishing you all equally smooth processing times!

SnowMoose

SnowMoose

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/02/2011
File Transfer...
25/03/2011
Thanks, ddobro2!

I tried to post back in August but couldn't. I asked the sysadmin then but didn't get an answer. This time I persisted and finally received some info. The security features of this forum prohibit someone from posting a timeline and/or links and personal messages until they have 8 posts. For me it looks like 9 posts.

I am more of a lurker than a poster.

I wonder how many others have had trouble trying to post?

This forum is a wonderful source of info and support!

thanks to everyone

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Congrats Snowmoose ;D

krista2011

Oct 20, 2011
Hi y'all,
My husband and I submitted our forms awhile back and I stumbled across this forum a few days ago. He's American and I'm a citizen, we filed with a lawyer, nothing abnormal about our relationship or application. Now for my question, a few people have mentioned submitting state criminal record checks, is this necessary? He just submitted his FBI check, should we apply for the state clearances as well? Considering the wait times, I'd rather be proactive, if these requests for state clearances are normal.
Thanks in advance!