File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
Congrats to destanova, francohoosier, davidgarcin, argenta, quagaar145, jayde, and dhd on your PPRs! Keep it coming, Buffalo!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
ddobro2 said:
Buffalo, you're keeping me busy with this spreadsheet, huh? ;) Hehe, noooo I'm not complaining though.
Just curious ddobro2, did you inherit the spreadsheet for this thread or did you start this one yourself?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inherited from sparkle! And I need to do a bit of updating but I'm just having too nice a long weekend ATM :p
AllisonVSC said:
Just curious ddobro2, did you inherit the spreadsheet for this thread or did you start this one yourself?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice. Congrats again.
chess101 said:
Just giving everyone an update:

My bf landed two weeks ago! We basically crossed over to the USA went to eat, and returned to Canada at the border crossing area. It was a stormy monday night, when we went back to Canada there was just one couple in front of us.
The border crossing guard said " let me see if I can remember how to do this"
hahaha but it was good really laid back, they knew we had been in canada together for awhile so it was all good! Feels good to have the entire process done, now we can get on with our lives,
A message to everyone who's still waiting: Don't give up hope, we waiting over 12 months, sent in additional proof for our common-law status and eventually it went thru.

anthrogirl26

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
07/07/11
File Transfer...
21/03/2011
Med's Done....
08-02-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Is anyone else still waiting from February? I just saw someone was approved from May and Im so frustrated. This process is agonizing!!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anthrogirl26 said:
Is anyone else still waiting from February? I just saw someone was approved from May and Im so frustrated. This process is agonizing!!
I'm waiting 2.....

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
anthrogirl26 said:
Still waiting with you.Ive been In Process since Sep 7th and havent heard a peep yet.Theres some people still waiting from Dec. so hang in there.

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
Hubby landed on Thursday! We were so anxious in the long customs line at the border, then once hubby approached him and said "I'm here to land!" the guy took a look at him, and said "I hope not wearing that"... as my hubby was all decked out in his Pittsburgh Steelers stuff, lol. We knew we were fine then!
They talked lots about sports, imported the truck with no problem - they never charged us the A/C fee only the RIV fee, and presented the goods to follow list :) Next day we got his health card and SIN # all taken care of. Now its time to find him a job, but no hurry - our 20 month old daughter is loving having Daddy stay home with her :)
Best of luck to all those still waiting - I keep lurking and checking on the rest of you Jan/Feb folks on here to see if you have any news (buffalo-toronto, etc.)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, sounds like it went pretty stress-free to me! Enjoy and congrats :)
Tiggilicious said:
Hubby landed on Thursday! We were so anxious in the long customs line at the border, then once hubby approached him and said "I'm here to land!" the guy took a look at him, and said "I hope not wearing that"... as my hubby was all decked out in his Pittsburgh Steelers stuff, lol. We knew we were fine then!
They talked lots about sports, imported the truck with no problem - they never charged us the A/C fee only the RIV fee, and presented the goods to follow list :) Next day we got his health card and SIN # all taken care of. Now its time to find him a job, but no hurry - our 20 month old daughter is loving having Daddy stay home with her :)
Best of luck to all those still waiting - I keep lurking and checking on the rest of you Jan/Feb folks on here to see if you have any news (buffalo-toronto, etc.)

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Happy new week everyone! I hope plenty more PPR's and visa issuances come your way. :)

As for me, I'm a bit confused.

On the same day our baby was born I had my PPR e-mailed to me, decided to hold off on any action til we could bring her home from her NICU stay, and she was brought home for Thanksgiving Day yesterday afternoon. So two questions (and yes, very likely dumb questions) pop up immediately:

1) The directions on the passport request almost seem like I'm making up a whole new passport. If I already have my U.S. passport, which I needed to get into Canada in April where I've been ever since (have a visitor record valid til Sept 2012), don't they just stamp my PR on that passport? I guess what I'm getting at is asking if the only thing I'm supposed to send is my U.S. passport I already have, or if I have to send some other stuff too, or something else entirely? I also heard there's a specific place for people currently in Canada (filing outland) to send their passport opposed to in the U.S.?

2) Tried contacting Buffalo via immigration phone number to inform them of the addition to our family but it wouldn't connect me to someone. Is there a way to actually talk to anyone there on the phone? I saw someone say long ago they faxed but I don't know what exactly I'd fax, and I imagine e-mail probably takes forever to get a response.

I'd appreciate any help from fellow forum goers. :)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bargeld said:
Happy new week everyone! I hope plenty more PPR's and visa issuances come your way. :)

On the same day our baby was born I had my PPR e-mailed to me, decided to hold off on any action til we could bring her home from her NICU stay, and she was brought home for Thanksgiving Day yesterday afternoon. So two questions (and yes, very likely dumb questions) pop up immediately:

1) The directions on the passport request almost seem like I'm making up a whole new passport. If I already have my U.S. passport, which I needed to get into Canada in April where I've been ever since (have a visitor record valid til Sept 2012), don't they just stamp my PR on that passport? I guess what I'm getting at is asking if the only thing I'm supposed to send is my U.S. passport I already have, or if I have to send some other stuff too, or something else entirely? I also heard there's a specific place for people currently in Canada (filing outland) to send their passport opposed to in the U.S.?

2) Tried contacting Buffalo via immigration phone number to inform them of the addition to our family but it wouldn't connect me to someone. Is there a way to actually talk to anyone there on the phone? I saw someone say long ago they faxed but I don't know what exactly I'd fax, and I imagine e-mail probably takes forever to get a response.

Unless the letter says otherwise they just ask for passport of all accompanying family members

Send a CSE to inform them of changes to your family structure

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bargeld said:

Since the child is a Canadian citizen, you don't need to inform them of a change to your family composition.

moonpie

Apr 13, 2011
I have a question: I received PPR and sent my passport to Fort Erie. They received it on September 12, and the return tracking number still hasn't been activated. I'm starting to get worried because it has been way over the 15 business days it states. Is anyone else's taking this long?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say the directions seem like you're "making up a whole new passport." The particular documents they require are the U.S. passport, two immigration-sized photos, and a sheet listing the height and eye color (all of those for each accompanying family member). As far as what to do about the baby, although I'd leave experts to answer that, I'm thinking it's better (and it doesn't hurt) to inform CIC of the birth, perhaps by mailing the birth certificate to the visa office. Even if CIC doesn't need to be informed when the sponsor is a citizen and not a PR, it can't hurt to update them, right?
Bargeld said:

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
rjessome said:
Since the child is a Canadian citizen, you don't need to inform them of a change to your family composition.
Thank you. :)

I read the portion about making me inadmissible in one of the PPR e-mail links, but it didn't make sense because they were talking about family being sponsored and our newborn is already Canadian by default (Canadian birth certificate, born in Canada, born to a Canadian mother who is a citizen). Have to be sure. :)

ddobro2 said:
Well, I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say the directions seem like you're "making up a whole new passport." The particular documents they require are the U.S. passport, two immigration-sized photos, and a sheet listing the height and eye color (all of those for each accompanying family member). As far as what to do about the baby, although I'd leave experts to answer that, I'm thinking it's better (and it doesn't hurt) to inform CIC of the birth, perhaps by mailing the birth certificate to the visa office. Even if CIC doesn't need to be informed when the sponsor is a citizen and not a PR, it can't hurt to update them, right?
I probably confused you, likely because I was confused too. The information I read (note I'm severely ADHD so merely because I read something doesn't inherently mean I understand it which is why sometimes I need to have it explained better) seemed to mirror the explanation of how to get a U.S. passport, which I already have.

I had a chat with my wife between my last post and now (she was asleep), so at the moment we're looking at having my mother in law babysit baby for a day while we drive from the GTA to Buffalo to personally hand over the passport. Not quite sure all of what this entails, so just to be sure, what you're saying in total I need is:

- My U.S. passport
- Two immigration sized photos (Canadian passport size I presume?)
- Sheet that says my height and eye colour (blank sheet with the info? or is there a form to fill for this?)

Just in case, I will bring a copy of our baby's birth certificate as well. Since I'd probably need to return to Canada the same day, family stuff to take care of back in the GTA and I don't feel comfortable keeping baby away from us for long right now (paranoid parent thing given all we went thru at the hospital), I hope if anyone else has experience going down to Buffalo if this is something that's taken care of on the same day one comes in to the office to handle their PPR, or should we expect to need to stay at a hotel overnight?