Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
destanova said:
HOLY

P. P. R!!!!!!!! Just after I got done complaining, it showed up in my email! I'm shaking so bad that I can barely type! This means that I'll be able to qualify for OHIP by the time our baby is born and won't have $5,000+ in medical bills! I have NEVER been more excited about something!

I just need to get a hold of my husband before I hit 'post'. I NEEEEED him to be the first to know! (it only took him 11 minutes to call me back! I can't stop sobbing!)
So happy for you, destanova!! We've practically been date buddies throughout this process, and now we got PPR on the same day and had similar freakout reactions (I was shaking too haha)!

Congrats again!

Maple3

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011 Recieved 16-6- 2011
AOR Received.
26-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
Congratulations to all you who recieved your PPR! Ya!! Buffalo is moving this month!

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
destanova said:
HOLY

P. P. R!!!!!!!! Just after I got done complaining, it showed up in my email! I'm shaking so bad that I can barely type! This means that I'll be able to qualify for OHIP by the time our baby is born and won't have $5,000+ in medical bills! I have NEVER been more excited about something!

I just need to get a hold of my husband before I hit 'post'. I NEEEEED him to be the first to know! (it only took him 11 minutes to call me back! I can't stop sobbing!)
I think someone at Buffalo is responsible for reading this thread all day, and then issuing PPRs, lmao. ;D

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Wow! I should take a break from the forum more often.... haven't been on for a few days and just came back to all this awesome news. Congrats everyone!

I know I have seen this a few times but can't quite find the thread, but I just travelled on AA from Chicago to Toronto without a PR card. The airline definitely did not ask for it on my return flight. The immigration officer did ask if I had it, I replied that it still hadn't arrived as its only been a few weeks. She smiled and said, "correct." (interesting response...)

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
mmshock said:
Wow! I should take a break from the forum more often.... haven't been on for a few days and just came back to all this awesome news. Congrats everyone!

I know I have seen this a few times but can't quite find the thread, but I just travelled on AA from Chicago to Toronto without a PR card. The airline definitely did not ask for it on my return flight. The immigration officer did ask if I had it, I replied that it still hadn't arrived as its only been a few weeks. She smiled and said, "correct." (interesting response...)
Betcha she was checking to see if you'd try to lie and say you had it... sneaky sneaky!! Glad it went smoothly for ya tho :)

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
Congrats everyone on quite a Tuesday!

pdb1 said:
PPR!

I got my passport request yesterday. Ecas still shows application received, there was no in progress status. I feel little guilty given there are so many of you still waiting that applied before me but I am very happy and getting ready to reunite with the family
@pdb1 I even feel guilty for being excited that you are done and I have about the same timeline as you.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Reading your quote makes me wonder if I'll get my own PPR soon, too. With some of the stuff I've been reading here, I was thinking that I might have to hunker down into my apartment for another cold winter before I can move to my wife's place.

As for feeling guilty, if it's Buffalo picking and choosing which applications to process, and not you, then why worry? If I was in the queue since last October, and you got your PPR before I did, I'd still be happy for you. I'd likely be miffed with Buffalo, though but that goes without saying. ;)

pdb1 said:
PPR!

I got my passport request yesterday. Ecas still shows application received, there was no in progress status. I feel little guilty given there are so many of you still waiting that applied before me but I am very happy and getting ready to reunite with the family

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, congrats pdb1! How did I totally miss this yesterday? I love those Buffalo 3-peats. So exciting! I think this is our first post-March PPR. Hopefully this means I'm next, lol.
pdb1 said:
PPR!

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
H'ok, so the first thing I did when I got home yesterday was read and reread the documents they sent me - instructions on what to send back, deadlines, etc. I love how they gave me 60 days "from the date of this letter" to send in my passport, yet there was no date on the letter whatsoever! Only a postmark on the envelope... Good ole' CIC!

It said to return my passport along with a sheet I had to sign and fill out with the address to send my passport back to, the eye color/height sheet, and 4 photos.

We went to Jean Coutu (pharmacy) to get the pics done, since that's where I'd gotten them done the first time around, no problems. This time however, the girl was REALLY snotty with us, and despite me showing her exactly where it said the photos shouldn't be stamped, she flat out refused to leave them blank. Then she forgot I had requested 4 of them, so she got all whiney about printing up the extra copies!

I wrote a cover letter for the VO asking that they return my passport ASAP since I need it to leave the country in exactly 1 month, and explaining that I 'couldn't find a photographer willing to NOT stamp official photos on the back' (truth be told I wasn't about to run all over town and I wanted to get my passport mailed straight away :p). I did not include any kind of return envelope since the packet expressly stated that they won't use any kind of courier services unless it comes from a certified business account, which neither I nor my employer have. So it looks like it'll be regular snail mail for getting it back, but on the other hand, it only took 4 business days for their PPR to reach me (versus the 6 days - 2 weeks it takes to receive something from my family in Indiana! lol). I reckon it'll go fairly fast since NYC is relatively close to Montréal.

Anyway...

I did some research last night on what and how I need to prep for landing. When I return to the states, I'll only have a week to tally up everything and get squared away - in the midst of being involved in a wedding, no less! So to those of you that have landed, here's what it sums up to be, as I interpret it. Please guide me and correct me if I'm wrong!

I'll need:

• Pretty much every legal document under the sun that pertains to me (all imm. papers, bank statements, car paperwork, various forms of ID, etc)
• A list of everything I'll bring with me at landing and its value in CAD
• A list of all goods to follow and their value (probably won't apply - my 4x4 is a veritable clown car haha!)
• Papers to export/import the car (recall clearance, title showing I own it, not 100% sure what else but I feel like I'm missing something...)

Does anyone know the page to get back to the car importation part of this thread? :p I could use some pointers!

Thanks so much!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
francohoosier said:
I'll need:

• Pretty much every legal document under the sun that pertains to me (all imm. papers, bank statements, car paperwork, various forms of ID, etc)
• A list of everything I'll bring with me at landing and its value in CAD
• A list of all goods to follow and their value (probably won't apply - my 4x4 is a veritable clown car haha!)
• Papers to export/import the car (recall clearance, title showing I own it, not 100% sure what else but I feel like I'm missing something...)

Does anyone know the page to get back to the car importation part of this thread? :p I could use some pointers!

Thanks so much!
Fax the car title to the export office before exporting and request a 10 year driving history from BOTH your DMV and your insurance company. I'll send you a pm with what I wrote about vehicle import/export.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congrats all you PPRs! :D

Could I maybe snag some of those good vibes? I'm still dealing with the RPRF request... Paid at the very beginning, but Buffalo doesn't seem to know this. PMM told me to contact Buffalo (on another forum), but every email I send to the email address on the letter gets bounced back as "unable to deliver", and I have yet to find a fax machine I can use. Husband did finally manage to get thru to the call centre in Mississauga, and they "made a note" on my file... Hopefully Buffalo sees it soon, but until then, I'm going to keep trying to contact them myself...

So frustrating. Just when you think you're close to the finish line, they find ways to make you wait MORE. :mad:

argenta

May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFF/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
11-01-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
Ahhhh - PPR! Ours came this morning from NYC by mail (no accompanying email).

Fingers crossed for the rest of the 2010 applications.

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
argenta said:

CONGRATS!!! Looks like NYC is a big fan of snail mail since that's how mine came too - also no email.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
argenta said:

Congrats