+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
nhl1011 said:
Congrats~~~ :)
Similar as what I've been doing recently...I know it won't help my case to process faster or anything...but I just couldn't help :'(

BTW is ecas down atm? I couldn't check online status....anyone?

Don't think it's down. I checked mine half an hour ago... It was slow but worked...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I knew you would be next :D And haha, yeah, we all know how it's a "coincidence"! Congratulations!

I also really like what you said about "forever having empathy" for those going through education. I know I'm with you 100% on that.
Ganapatiom said:
Well 275 days after my apps was sent in, and this morning....PPR!

A few months ago, I checked every website I could everyday, looking for clues of movement, reading about what this word or than document meant, what to do when, even looking at job websites in Toronto. And it helped then to be active and to read about others in the same position. But for last three months, I had to stop. It was too hard and too frustrating. I just had to put it out of my mind and know that it would happen when it happened. Well it happened within 2 weeks of visiting my MP's office. Possibly coincidence. My Lawyer said it wouldn't help, that the MP couldn't do anything. But here I am planning my trip to Buffalo. Time to go back and reread post about Buffalo, Insurance, Car Importation, and all the things to deal with that aren't waiting. As this whole very difficult process starts to come to an end, my biggest mistake was thinking our application was clear and straight forward and we would be through quickly. We even spent a lot of money on a lawyer who checked everything before we sent it in. Its a mystery why mine took longer than most others that applied in December. Bad luck maybe, maybe something else. And its a mystery why some people who applied before me are still waiting. I'll forever have empathy for anyone who is or has gone through the immigration process. I was lucky to be moving from only a relatively short drive away. I can't imagine coming in from overseas, or not knowing the language well. Best of luck to all still waiting. Be hopeful when you can, angry when you need to be, do anything and everything you can when you have the time, and one day it will just happen.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Ganapatiom said:
Well 275 days after my apps was sent in, and this morning....PPR!
Congrats!

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Ellan said:
Don't think it's down. I checked mine half an hour ago... It was slow but worked...
Ummm weird... :(
Somehow I keep getting the following...
SORRY ...

we were unable to find the page you requested.

Possible reasons:

If you arrived here by clicking on a hyperlink from another Web site or through a bookmark, the location of the page you are looking for has changed.
If you arrived here by typing in the URL, you may have misspelled the URL or the URL for the page you are looking for has changed.
You may wish to search our Web site to find the page you are looking for.

Is anyone else getting same error? :p

LV

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved: 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
04-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-9-2011
LANDED..........
11-2011
I GOT IT!...I GOT IT!!! :)

Got an email this morning requesting my passport! :eek:
My ecas had been on stand still up until this past wkend...which was updated with 'meds received'.
Just checked and it still says only that.
And up until today, I never had a B or F #, nor 'in process'...so those who are in my boat...there's hope out there!

I will be thinking & wishing for some good news soon to all of you who have been waiting for so long!

LV

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved: 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
04-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-9-2011
LANDED..........
11-2011
nhl1011 said:
Ummm weird... :(
Somehow I keep getting the following...
SORRY ...

we were unable to find the page you requested.

Possible reasons:

If you arrived here by clicking on a hyperlink from another Web site or through a bookmark, the location of the page you are looking for has changed.
If you arrived here by typing in the URL, you may have misspelled the URL or the URL for the page you are looking for has changed.
You may wish to search our Web site to find the page you are looking for.

Is anyone else getting same error? :p
I too got that this morning...but I kept trying and it finally went through. Keep trying...

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
Congratz to thoes who got PPR :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, LV!

Wow, what a great way to start off the week, everyone.
LV said:

My ecas had been on stand still up until this past wkend...which was updated with 'meds received'.
And up until today, I never had a B or F #, nor 'in process'...so those who are in my boat...there's hope out there!

I will be thinking & wishing for some good news soon to all of you who have been waiting for so long!

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
Congrats to LV and Ganapatiom! I just sent my app today and it makes me happy to see people getting approved (though some of you really waited for way too long!). Here's hoping to a speedy process for everyone!

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
LV said:
I too got that this morning...but I kept trying and it finally went through. Keep trying...
Congrats LV :p
It was definitely worth of trying :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the letter that you got that has the Client ID number?
FM_jun said:
i just got a letter with client no.which i can access.they mention they star working on it.almost 3 months have been passed but can't get F no...can i mail them?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL! Hope that PPR won't be much longer for you.
amaranth said:
I have this happen a lot! One time my parents were crossing with me for a weekend, and the Canadian officer started giving them a really hard time because they didn't have passports, just regular driver's licenses (This was LONG before having a passport was mandatory). When he got to my passport, he stopped, looked at me, and said "Oh, YOU again? Still dating that guy, eh? Why don't you just move here?" Then waved us through. :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you mailed the receipt in, right?

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

amaranth said:
... make that 14 now. The tracker REALLY seems to want me to know they received my medicals ::)

I also realized last night that I cant use the email/fax info on the bottom of the letter, since they're the numbers for Buffalo, but the proof of RPRF has to go to Mississauga. All I have found on the CIC site is how to pay it, but not how to prove I already did... I feel so stupid right now. :-[ ( Maybe now that I'm back IN Buffalo, the disorganization and cluelessness of the VO are seeping into MY brain? :p )

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
LV said:

Congrats to you as well.This will be the week of good news.