waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Calgary-Bound said:
I was wondering how you guys get the ecas tracker sent to you In an email?If someone could explain this It would be greatly appreciated.
Hey!! Here's the link to get the tracker: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

Just sign up and it will update you whenever there is a change to your e-cas. (yes... by e-mail) Sometimes you get ghost updates but all in all it's been pretty accurate for us.

Hope all is well with you and the fam :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to https://ecas.carroll.org.uk, click on "Yes, I can already access e-CAS," and then give them the log-in fields for your file.
Calgary-Bound said:
I was wondering how you guys get the ecas tracker sent to you In an email?If someone could explain this It would be greatly appreciated.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, so I come on today and I see that our thread has exploded in a flurry of e-CAS news and speculations. :p I personally don't give that thing too much credit for what's happening to my file.

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
so any knowledge, comments to my pre-screening stage in Buffalo? what does this mean? This relates to my prior post on the last page as was told by our MP that pre/paper processing was done on Aug 11?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's true that they do transfer these to the satellite offices (NYC, Detroit, Seattle, LA) to expedite processing and most, but maybe not all, of the time, it does work. You should private message StumpedMom - she got transferred to LA, and got her PPR shortly thereafter.

Regarding the 90 days, apparently this is a standard "revisit" date they stamp a file with when they are waiting for background check, additional paperwork, etc. I know how they worded who to contact and when not to is not exactly clear (or at least wasn't for me).

If you recall, there was one form in the application that asked which of the four satellite offices you would prefer to interview in, if they deemed an interview necessary. I think you must have selected LA for them to have transfered your file there. Do you remember if you did?? Very few people with Buffalo VO get selected for interviews (I hope you and I aren't some of them), so there's a good chance it won't come to that. I believe that, unlike Buffalo, Los Angeles (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/los-angeles.asp) actually does take phone calls. I say believe because someone on another thread posted that; of course, I haven't tried.

CandC2009 said:
ok I need alittle help before I panic even more. Hubby got an email saying

"In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General
550 South Hope Street, 9th floor
Los Angeles, California 90071
fax: 213-625-7154
e-mail: los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Please contact them for the status of your application.

Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter."

What happens if they decide they need an interview? there is no way we can go to LA and can we still go to Buffalo to get his passport stamped once they request it? or do we now have to mail it? (any help would be greatly apprieated)
also does this mean they haven't touched our file at all? (they've had it since jan 26th!!!)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Clemfamily,

Just to see if I got this all correct, your spouse paid the RPRF on April 8th but didn't send in the receipt, you then received a letter from CPC-M (or was it Buffalo?) on August 3rd that you needed to either pay or provide proof of payment of RPRF by 60 days of that date or your application would be "denied," you sent in proof of payment (the receipt) by fax on August 16th, and they confirmed that they received that proof shortly thereafter (or you just know it physically got there by some confirmation on your end)?

First off, and granted I don't know the full text of the letter they sent, I find CIC asking for an RPRF to be paid within 60 days or your app is "denied," but you are evidently not ready to be issued a visa, frankly, odd. Usually the embassy requests your RPRF when all checks have been cleared and the application is in the final processing stage, and if they ask you to pay the RPRF, it means the visa will be issued.

Anyway, I'm wondering if your spouse paid in early April (I guess you weren't aware of her payment and neither of you knew you had to send in the receipt - which I can understand), why did you wait almost 2 weeks after the "60 days" letter to fax the receipt? Did you fax it to the fax associated with the courier address (905-803-7392) or was there another one provided in the letter (I could only find that fax on the CIC site, and like I mentioned, I just sent mine in snail mail to P.O. Box 6100, Station A, the address they list for RPRF payments, other correspondence, as well as all sponsorship apps that are NOT spousal/CL/conjugal). In any case, you could have played it more safe by sending in the receipt immediately thereafter, and bought some time.

I think you will be fine, and I think the date they physically had it in hand should suffice. Then again, Buffalo can surprise us in a not good way too. If you're citing the same file numbers they assigned you and they're telling you those are not "Buffalo numbers," that is crazy and I don't know what to tell you. Paste the AOR that cites them right under your inquiry. Wow Buffalo, you are like a bi-polar person sometimes, and this week you need to take your meds.

Sorry if that last comment was offensive, by the way. :-\

clemfamily said:
ddobro2,

To clear up any questions that you had:
1. The letter I got dated August 3 stated that if I did not pay or provide proof of payment of RPRF within 60 days my application would be denied.
2. The confirmation that I am talking about is that when I sent my recept via fax I got a confirmation that the fax when thru and was received at Mississuaga.
3. I know what you mean about the email read receipt, however any other time I have sent an email it took no longer than a week to get some sort of answer. Just wondering why this one is taking so long.
4. Got a response yesterday 6/9/2011 wanting more info...however was told in the email that my Id and immigration file numbers were not Buffalo numbers...I have been using the same numbers for however long I have been doing this and getting responses from Buffalo!!! Makes me feel real confident about the process (severe sarcasim intended).

Hope this clears any questions up and thanks for any help/support you can offer.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
ddobro2 said:
It's true that they do transfer these to the satellite offices (NYC, Detroit, Seattle, LA) to expedite processing and most, but maybe not all, of the time, it does work. You should private message StumpedMom - she got transferred to LA, and got her PPR shortly thereafter.

Regarding the 90 days, apparently this is a standard "revisit" date they stamp a file with when they are waiting for background check, additional paperwork, etc. I know how they worded who to contact and when not to is not exactly clear (or at least wasn't for me).

If you recall, there was one form in the application that asked which of the four satellite offices you would prefer to interview in, if they deemed an interview necessary. I think you must have selected LA for them to have transfered your file there. Do you remember if you did?? Very few people with Buffalo VO get selected for interviews (I hope you and I aren't some of them), so there's a good chance it won't come to that. I believe that, unlike Buffalo, Los Angeles (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/los-angeles.asp) actually does take phone calls. I say believe because someone on another thread posted that; of course, I haven't tried.
I picked Buffalo, (Went over all the forms and buffalo was Definatly the one selected). Both me and the hubby live in Ontario (with him on a visitor record) so we would have to fly but God Willing we wont have an interview. I will try to be alittle patient and atleast wait a little while before I contact them. We just got the email today so LA wont have the file yet.

Thanks for all the help though :)

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
jayde said:
Hey!! Here's the link to get the tracker: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

Just sign up and it will update you whenever there is a change to your e-cas. (yes... by e-mail) Sometimes you get ghost updates but all in all it's been pretty accurate for us.

Hope all is well with you and the fam :)
Thanks ddobro and Jayde for the input.Hey Jayde where good how are you guys doing?Have you gotten any good news lately?

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
We're really good. So glad to have him here. We got an email that we will receive our CAIPS notes by Monday... so just waiting on that so we can see what it says. Hopefully there isn't much time left to wait for you or us.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
CandC2009 said:
ok I need alittle help before I panic even more. Hubby got an email saying

"In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General
550 South Hope Street, 9th floor
Los Angeles, California 90071
fax: 213-625-7154
e-mail: los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Please contact them for the status of your application.

Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter."

What happens if they decide they need an interview? there is no way we can go to LA and can we still go to Buffalo to get his passport stamped once they request it? or do we now have to mail it? (any help would be greatly apprieated)
also does this mean they haven't touched our file at all? (they've had it since jan 26th!!!)
Our file was also sent to LA. I would definitely send a case specific inquiry to Los Angeles. We got the information from Buffalo a month and a half AFTER Los Angeles had approved our file and issued a PPR. We found out through the inquiry to Buffalo and then my MP contacted LA to find out that information for us....best of Luck!!!!

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10/2010
Stumpedmom said:
Our file was also sent to LA. I would definitely send a case specific inquiry to Los Angeles. We got the information from Buffalo a month and a half AFTER Los Angeles had approved our file and issued a PPR. We found out through the inquiry to Buffalo and then my MP contacted LA to find out that information for us....best of Luck!!!!
So buffalo didn't email you advising they had transfered your file until after the fact?

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
they actually responded to a case specific inquiry on Aug 15th that I had made on Aug 9th. That is the ONLY reason we knew it was transferred. We picked Detroit as an interview spot seeing as its only an hour from me.

My MP has been amazing for me, and inquired on my behalf on Aug 16th only to find out that the PPR was originally issued on June 30th by LA, even though buffalo responded to my email in July about an address update....go figure, they didn't even have the file at that point, hence the reason I believe our address was never updated....

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10/2010
Stumpedmom said:
they actually responded to a case specific inquiry on Aug 15th that I had made on Aug 9th. That is the ONLY reason we knew it was transferred. We picked Detroit as an interview spot seeing as its only an hour from me.

My MP has been amazing for me, and inquired on my behalf on Aug 16th only to find out that the PPR was originally issued on June 30th by LA, even though buffalo responded to my email in July about an address update....go figure, they didn't even have the file at that point, hence the reason I believe our address was never updated....
Wow....Thanks! we got the email today that the file was transferred but I'm wondering how long ago it was sent to LA. I will definatly email LA and see if by chance they have the file and buffalo was just slow. I'm also ordering the CAPS notes today so hopefully that will give us a better idea of whats going on. I'm actually hoping they've had the file for alittle bit, I would hate to think our file was sitting in Buffalo for 7 months with no progress.

Thanks for your help :) and its comforting (in a weird way) to know that our file isn't the only to get sent to a random office. I'm starting to get alittle less panicy but I wont be 100% ok till the hubby has his PR in hand.

destanova

Jan 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10Feb2011
File Transfer...
24Mar2011
Med's Done....
24Jan2011
Passport Req..
04Oct2011
No PPR's today? I was really hoping after last week that Buffalo had gotten their butts in gear and were clearing out the backlog.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
jayde said:
We're really good. So glad to have him here. We got an email that we will receive our CAIPS notes by Monday... so just waiting on that so we can see what it says. Hopefully there isn't much time left to wait for you or us.
Glad to hear it.We ordered our CAIPS also but havent heard anything yet.How long ago did you order yours?Hopefully where both done soon and we can have a big party.