05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
JustandDaph said:
Husband sent out his passport last thursday and it arrived on Friday. Just waiting for it's return!!
So happy that we are both waiting for our visas together, application-date-twin!

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
Congrats spiritrac and stumpedmom on landing!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, pavickd. Have fun landing :)
pavickd said:
Well some how my first post was missed, so here goes.
On the morning of Friday September 2 2011 my husband received the PPR email. :eek: ;D

We will drive to Buffalo and stay in a hotel the night of September 12 and then we will wake up bright and early on the 13th to be in line for the opening of the Consulate.

I can't believe that it is finally here. From start date of Application sent, December 21 2010, it has been
just short of 9 months. Those 9 months were the longest 9 months I have ever waited.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ugh, forwarded late Feb. and they "started" on September 1 ::) Did you send the receipt to the RPRF fee in to the special address for RPRF receipts at Mississauga? If so, did CPC-M respond with a letter to you saying they received it and informed the VO (that's what I got)?
Jojo12 said:
We received your application to sponsor on January 11, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2011.

We sent you a letter on February 16, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We received application for permanent residence on February 24, 2011.

We started processing application on September 1, 2011.

and they asked me for my RPRF Since May And It Has Been Paid Should I be looking forward to some good news any one know An E T that i should hear back somethingg??

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aww, well I'd just chalk that up to how busy they were at the moment (and it's nice they had a sense of humor re: the "you had to pick the busiest day, didn't you" comment). I hear some people get a nice welcome at the end of the paperwork, with a flag and official "welcome to Canada" and I guess others don't. No matter - the most important thing is that it's over. Welcome to Canada indeed.
Stumpedmom said:
I was disappointed because no one other than myself said welcome to Canada, and that was when we got back in our car.....

So hubs is official now and legal to live and work.....

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
I had to go inventory my husband's stuff in our storage locker yesterday (since we still haven't received his passport back yet... sitting in a Canada Post sorting facility in Richmond) and we're working on his goods to follow list tonight. I think this is the geekiest goods to follow list ever! (we're going to get some looks I'm sure)

Examples:
1 Super Nintendo
1 Nintendo 64
1 PS2
1 Xbox
1 Sega Master System
(the Xbox 360 and PS3 are already in Canada)
1 Millenium Falcon
2 boxes Warhammer 40k paintable figurines
15 boxes books
44 boxes comic books/manga
1 18 gallon rubbermaid tote Farcape and Star Wars action figure toys (still packaged)
7 boxes action figures (still packaged)

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
That's awesome Kess :D

Congrats on PPR pavickd!

Congrats on the landings too spiritrac and stumpedmom - I'll have to make very sure we pick an "off" time - with 4 kids, waiting that long would be pure hell lol

clemfamily

Jul 14, 2011
Sent out this email today....I know a little wordy but hope it gets my point across. As usual I have been keeping all received/read receipts so if I have to prove that I have been trying to get help/answers there has been no help from the visa office.

I sent the following email on Friday August 19th with a delivery/acknowledgement receipt on the same day at 1:48 PM and a read receipt on the same day (August 19th) that it was read on Friday, August 19, 2011 1:50:47 PM (UTC-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada).

My sponsor (Sponsor Id faxed the Right of Permanent Residence Fee Receipt to Mississauga on 16 August 2011. We got a confirmation that it was received. Now that this has been done I feel that i should be notified when it is received. Also, if it is not received or placed into the system by 60 days after 3 August 2011 then i am not at fault. My sponsor and I have jumped thu all the hoops we have been asked to, and would like some assistaince reguarding this matter.

I was wanting to know why have I not received a response? Being that the Buffalo Office does not accept phone calls this is my only means of communication with said office to check my status. I know that I can use the CIC web site, however I do need more detailed information. In my past experience it takes quite a while for imformation to be updated there. Example: I sent an email on 13 June 2011 to have my address changed to my current Canadian address did not receive a response that it had untill 26 June 2011 that it had been updated, however the change was not noted on the web site untill well into July. That was almost a month. According to the letter I received dated August 3 2011 I now only have 27 days to get this sorted out. If it is not sorted out my ENTIRE application will be thrown out. With that being said i have the following questions:

1. Has the payment been received and linked to my application?

2. How am I supposed to know if it has been received?

Just a little help and some answers for someone that is trying to immigrate the right way and legaly would be appreciated.

Jojo12

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
File Transfer...
02-24-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
ddobro2 said:
Ugh, forwarded late Feb. and they "started" on September 1 ::) Did you send the receipt to the RPRF fee in to the special address for RPRF receipts at Mississauga? If so, did CPC-M respond with a letter to you saying they received it and informed the VO (that's what I got)?

my lawyer said they recieved the payment but what i dont understand was why after 6 months they started to process and ppl in march are getting ppr already

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
pavickd said:
Congratulations on landing.

I was wondering which POE you landed at?
Our POE will be Peace Bridge, Fort Erie.
Does anyone know if they do vehicle export there and what the hours are?
Is there a phone number we call?
Any information would be grand.
Thanks in advance ;D

The only border in the Niagara region that does vehicle exports is the Lewiston Bridge. They are open weekdays until 4 I believe....

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd ask your lawyer to tell you how he knows, and preferably to display something in writing from them confirming it. I don't know why CPC-M doesn't send everyone a confirmation letter after they send in their landing fee receipt alone, but they should. As far as why they are so late, this is pretty much the topic du jour (chaque jour) of this thread. Not only are people in March "getting PPR already" but they're getting it one after the other (we only have a few left still waiting), but there are people from November-February still waiting. I doubt the March cases & apps are all infallible compared to the earlier ones. What most people believe is that older cases got lost behind (abandoned?) due to the CAIPS to GCMS transitition. The other thing is that if you pay your landing fee late in the game, like months and months, that will delay your application for some time (maybe up to two months), because that's how long it takes to process it.
Jojo12 said:
my lawyer said they recieved the payment but what i dont understand was why after 6 months they started to process and ppl in march are getting ppr already

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally, I felt a little confused reading it as some things weren't clear. First of all, I doubt that someone sits at the visa office in front of a screen just opening emails as they come in. The fact that you got a read receipt about two minutes after the email was delivered probably just means that their system automatically opens emails as they show up in the queue and maybe they have a system of scanning the emails for certain keywords to do a rough dividing up into topics before a human looks at them. Well, I really don't know.

The other thing is I was just wondering what the letter you got on August 3 was that you say gave you a cut-off point before (60 days after something) your application would be "thrown out"?

clemfamily said:
We got a confirmation that it was received. Now that this has been done I feel that i should be notified when it is received.
Does this mean now you want it confirmed that the visa office got the confirmation of payment from CPC-M?

clemfamily said:
Sent out this email today....I know a little wordy but hope it gets my point across. As usual I have been keeping all received/read receipts so if I have to prove that I have been trying to get help/answers there has been no help from the visa office.

I sent the following email on Friday August 19th with a delivery/acknowledgement receipt on the same day at 1:48 PM and a read receipt on the same day (August 19th) that it was read on Friday, August 19, 2011 1:50:47 PM (UTC-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada).

My sponsor (Sponsor Id faxed the Right of Permanent Residence Fee Receipt to Mississauga on 16 August 2011. We got a confirmation that it was received. Now that this has been done I feel that i should be notified when it is received. Also, if it is not received or placed into the system by 60 days after 3 August 2011 then i am not at fault. My sponsor and I have jumped thu all the hoops we have been asked to, and would like some assistaince reguarding this matter.

I was wanting to know why have I not received a response? Being that the Buffalo Office does not accept phone calls this is my only means of communication with said office to check my status. I know that I can use the CIC web site, however I do need more detailed information. In my past experience it takes quite a while for imformation to be updated there. Example: I sent an email on 13 June 2011 to have my address changed to my current Canadian address did not receive a response that it had untill 26 June 2011 that it had been updated, however the change was not noted on the web site untill well into July. That was almost a month. According to the letter I received dated August 3 2011 I now only have 27 days to get this sorted out. If it is not sorted out my ENTIRE application will be thrown out. With that being said i have the following questions:

1. Has the payment been received and linked to my application?

2. How am I supposed to know if it has been received?

Just a little help and some answers for someone that is trying to immigrate the right way and legaly would be appreciated.

shelleydalyce

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1, 2011
AOR Received.
July 11, 2011 after an email and some prodding
File Transfer...
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
PP FREAKING R!!!!!!!!!

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
shelleydalyce said:
PP FREAKING R!!!!!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Shelleydalyce!!