Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Nej said:
Yeah, I'm frustrated as well. I checked ECAS and all it says is that my app started processing in Buffalo on May 18. I've tried to email them, but they haven't responed and it's been two weeks since the email was sent. :(

I am frustrated, too. Sent an e-mail more then 3 weeks ago…………STILL NO ANSWER………………I hate them.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
My sponsorship was approved on June 22nd.

You would think that Buffalo would do a better job in terms of contact, etc. People applying from third world countries get approved faster than we even get AOR!! Not that they don't deserve it, but you think a country with resources like the USA would do a better job..

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
Cherlyn said:
I am frustrated, too. Sent an e-mail more then 3 weeks ago............STILL NO ANSWER..................I hate them.
Did u get an automated e-mail reply back when u sent ur e-mail query.. If you didn't then most likely ur e-mail wasn't delivered to them...
sent them a e-mail again.. but u should get an automated reply

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
sbwv09 said:
My sponsorship was approved on June 22nd.

You would think that Buffalo would do a better job in terms of contact, etc. People applying from third world countries get approved faster than we even get AOR!! Not that they don't deserve it, but you think a country with resources like the USA would do a better job..
Congrats on Sponsorship approval!

Um, you do know sbwv09 that Buffalo (as we refer to it) is a Canadian Embassy; it just happens to be on American soil ;D. The office handles PR apps for American citizens. It also handles visas for tourists, students and workers, and any applicant (regardless of country of origin) legally admitted for a period of more than one year to either the US or Canada who wants Buffalo to process their visa. It is an extremely busy place. The lineup before the office opened the day I went to pick up my visa wrapped around the lobby of the building and very few were PRs getting visas or attending interviews. I suspect the number of visa applicants processed in some other "third world" locations is far fewer.

I received no AOR, no ecas updates, no confirmation email when I sent an email to update my address. E-cas didn't change from "in process" to "decision made" until days after I had my PPR in hand. I remember how frustrating it was to wait with no information. E-cas is only updated once a week (on Tuesdays, I think) so don't bother to look everyday.

Some more advice for Buffalo applicants...If your status hasn't changed to in process yet on e-cas, it just means they haven't reached your file in the stack yet. If you are within normal processing times as posted on the cic website and you haven't been requested to send additional docs, don't bother trying to get a response on how your case is progressing. If they need something they will contact you. If you sent something after submitting your app (i.e. FBI clearances, new medicals) include all possible identifying information on your docs (client id, yours and sponsors names, DOB, addresses etc) and don't expect a response.

Though the hard work putting you apps together is done; you are in the hardest part of the whole process. WAITING.
God bless you, I know how hard and frustrating it is to wait and wonder. Try not to worry; it won't help.

Allison

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Cherlyn said:
When they request the passport are they mentioning the possibility of drop down in person?
Will they issue the visa in the same day?
You can go in person to Buffalo to get your visa, but only on certain days between 8am and 11am. I went at about 7:30 am and there was already a line in the lobby. It got much much longer while I waited. They take you upstairs to the office in small groups. You have to check your phone and cameras at the door, stand in another line to give your paperwork, then go sit in the waiting area. It takes about 1.5 hours for them to process your papers and put the visa sticker in your passport. Then they call you into an interview room, give you some papers, your COPR and your passport, then they explain what to do next. If you are planning to land or cross the border to Canada the same day you have to wait a few hours until the computers at the border are updated. I went shopping at a nearby mall and recognized a few other people from the visa office killing time there too! Allison

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Oh I realize that.. I just thought it should be easier where we are close neighbors and it may not be as hard to get resources, technology, etc. You make a lot of good points though!

I got on the ecas tracker so I just check my email all the time instead of ecas, hehe. It's good to know that they may be working on my file even if I don't have the information.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
AllisonVSC said:
You can go in person to Buffalo to get your visa, but only on certain days between 8am and 11am. I went at about 7:30 am and there was already a line in the lobby. It got much much longer while I waited. They take you upstairs to the office in small groups. You have to check your phone and cameras at the door, stand in another line to give your paperwork, then go sit in the waiting area. It takes about 1.5 hours for them to process your papers and put the visa sticker in your passport. Then they call you into an interview room, give you some papers, your COPR and your passport, then they explain what to do next. If you are planning to land or cross the border to Canada the same day you have to wait a few hours until the computers at the border are updated. I went shopping at a nearby mall and recognized a few other people from the visa office killing time there too! Allison
Thanks AllisonVSC.
I do not want to land in the same day but I do not want to arrive on that situation that my passport will be hold for 3- 4 weeks as I read in some cases.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
AllisonVSC said:
Um, you do know sbwv09 that Buffalo (as we refer to it) is a Canadian Embassy; it just happens to be on American soil ;D.
To be picky, it's not an embassy, it's a consulate. There is only one Canadian embassy per country, and the U.S. one is in Washington, but there are consulates in several different cities in a big country like the U.S. As the Consul General points out on their website, "roughly 30% of total Canada-US trade crosses at Niagara," so it's a VERY busy place.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Are they updating the website today? The status check link giving me error message.
I am looking for good news ::)

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn said:
Are they updating the website today? The status check link giving me error message.
I am looking for good news ::)
I'm getting the same thing - this happened about a month ago too and it eventually cleared up later in the day..........

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
BeShoo, nice catch. I should have called it a consulate. A

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
SCsquare said:
giggles mail buffalo office asking to confirm whether they have received ur application.. state all the known facts like ur husbands name,DOB, citizenship country, sponsor's Client id number or any other such thing that will help the visa office to identify your application..

I had done the same thing.. i had mailed them 3 weeks after the sponsorship was approved.. n they had replied that they have started proceesing that same day n sent me AOR through snail-mail..
I got a response back from them today. It's your basic "we have a lot of applications and there are sometimes delays. acknowledgements are sent out within 20 weeks" ugh ???

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
26-04-2009 (expired/waived)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
Received a letter at my home in New York, dated July 7, advising that my interview has been waived, no further documents are needed, the RoPR fee requirement is circled (I still need to pay the $490 fee, and am already aware of that), medicals received, and something about waiting for the next step. Sorry, I'm in Canada for a weekend visit, so I'll actually read the letter on Monday. I'm excited about getting it, though! Here's my buffalo timeline thus far...

June 1 - Buffalo began processing this date
June 5 - AOR letter received re: above
July 7 - Interview waived
July 10 - Letter received in mail re: interview

Now, here's my question:
My medical exam was taken last year, April 2009. Due to FBI delays, I am now 16 months past the exam (which means it has expired, correct?) The letter, however, did not include any medical forms, and advises that no further documents will be needed. My wife and I recently had a baby boy, one month ago, and he resides in Canada. Would this have any factor in CIC not requiring a second medical exam? Seems unreasonable to me that they would waive the expired medical, but what do I know?

If anyone has experience or insight into this, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

S

SaugaBoss

SCsquare said:
I received my FBI clearence in 15 days... I followed the following link every step to the exact point.. check it out

http://www.canada-city.ca/canada-immigration/posting.php?messageid=19913

is this trueeeeee?