+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

Miss Jules

Nov 2, 2010
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me ? My application was submitted last year in August and according to the immigration site my case began processing in September 2009. I finally received a letter last month requesting an Australian Federal Police Check and I have mailed this off today. I'm surprised it's taken this long but we did receive a letter originally indicating that we didn't have enough documentation to prove we'd been living together. I actually received this the same day my fiancee proposed - nice timing huh ? lol Anyway, we'd been living in my then boyfriend's condo and all our expenses were included in our strata fees so no utility bills or anything useful like that. Ah well !

Any idea what is the next stage is and what I can expect ? Also, I noticed some of you mention barcoded stickers ? I've never received any but I have received a letter with a barcode on it previously. Is it a big deal ? I have quoted my file number with my police check today.

Cheers

Jules

Miss Jules

Nov 2, 2010
Emily RugBurn said:
Our house needs to sell, too. It's been on the market since Jan. 15th, and we haven't received a single offer. We're lowering the price again today. UGH! Good luck to us both!!
Just also want to say that I feel your pain - we just lowered the price on ours too. The market is great for buying but not for us sellers! :(

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss said:
did u contact ur MP or order Caips notes ?? i would give it a try
i wrote a draft email today for my MP.. i cannot call during my job time so email will be the way for me tomorrow it should go if i feel like it... i am being rather depressed lately a lot of things are going bad and stressing me

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
Hey guys, just wanted to share my timeline
:)

Kim & Efrain's Timeline
USA/Quebec
App Sent : 29/08/2010
App Rec. by CIC : 31/08/2010
Spon. Approved : 01/10/2010
Forms mailed to MICC : 08/10/2010
Medical Results Received : 19/10/2010
File Transferred: L.A : 28/10/2010

S

SaugaBoss

Dralon said:
i wrote a draft email today for my MP.. i cannot call during my job time so email will be the way for me tomorrow it should go if i feel like it... i am being rather depressed lately a lot of things are going bad and stressing me
i know what u mean! u can email the MP thats what I did and he called me back a couple times. i just dont get y its taking them so long itll be one year for u in like 3 months!!! i hope u hear something soon bc no news for that long is ridiculous especially when we see ppl getting PPRs so quickly

CaraPK

Apr 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-10
Doc's Request.
19-08-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
File Transfer...
17-06-10
Med's Done....
10-05-10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-10
LANDED..........
28-11-10
michaelab said:
Just stopping by to let you guys know that I have my visa now!

I am a former Buffalo applicant who got transfered to Detroit. The Buffalo office had my file for two weeks before they decided to ship it to Detroit..which caused me to send my FBI certificate twice but everything worked out in the end (glad I had the 2nd certificate in my hand).

Thanks for all the support you have given me and I wish everyone to have their PR visa very soon!! :-*
Can I ask why it took 2 weeks between the time your visa was issued and when you received it? I'm waiting for mine to come back, and need it by 2 weeks from today. Did you not include a return envelope?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
To those trying to sell houses in the US,

I finally sold my house at the end of August for 20% less than I paid. I`ve needed to sell for 3 years now but the market tanked right about that time. I listed it for a year in 2007 (while it sat empty!) with no good offers. I was able to rent it though and if you can`t sell you might consider the same. I had a local rental agency who handled everything from advertising and screening applicants to minor repairs and inspections. They charged 10% of the rental income and deposited the remainder directly to my checking account. I didn`t have to do anything but approve major repair expenses. The only major downside for me was that I had a 15 year mortgage and rental rates in the area were less than my payments, so I still had to cover the difference. It may not be ideal, I found it was better than carrying the whole mortgage and paying rent somewhere else, but it might be something to consider.

Allison

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
AllisonVSC said:
To those trying to sell houses in the US,

I finally sold my house at the end of August for 20% less than I paid. I`ve needed to sell for 3 years now but the market tanked right about that time. I listed it for a year in 2007 (while it sat empty!) with no good offers. I was able to rent it though and if you can`t sell you might consider the same. I had a local rental agency who handled everything from advertising and screening applicants to minor repairs and inspections. They charged 10% of the rental income and deposited the remainder directly to my checking account. I didn`t have to do anything but approve major repair expenses. The only major downside for me was that I had a 15 year mortgage and rental rates in the area were less than my payments, so I still had to cover the difference. It may not be ideal, I found it was better than carrying the whole mortgage and paying rent somewhere else, but it might be something to consider.

Allison
Very good idea, my friend just suggested that to me a few weeks ago.
I'm not sure how easily we'd go about it here, but is something we'll consider. I'm thinking we could come close to covering our mortgage, and thankfully right now, we are still above asking of what we paid for it, but not much!

lucaa

Oct 14, 2010
please if smone has an idea ow to withdraw an application before it get rejected ! what i have to do

some exemple ( lettre .. )
thank you

S

SaugaBoss

lucaa said:
please if smone has an idea ow to withdraw an application before it get rejected ! what i have to do

some exemple ( lettre .. )
thank you
u sound very familiarrrr........ ::) and what u r doing is basically what everyone on this forum is against people like u make it harder for genuine couples to get sponsored smoothly... u want to withdraw and file with a friend and r living illegally i highly doubt someone on this forum will help u

lucaa

Oct 14, 2010
i dont know what you are talking about but it s ok !
i didnt ask YOU for help , also i m withdrawin the application and husband living contry after tommorow !!!!!!!!!!!! , so stop being like that in a place you wish good luck ( as i can see a lot of persons here are being helpfull to you ) and i dont think you the one who can see if relationship is geniwine or not lol )
good luck

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss said:
i know what u mean! u can email the MP thats what I did and he called me back a couple times. i just dont get y its taking them so long itll be one year for u in like 3 months!!! i hope u hear something soon bc no news for that long is ridiculous especially when we see ppl getting PPRs so quickly
I emailed my MP tonight let see what happen... i will not annoy him if he does not answer or do anything. At least i could have said i gave it a try

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Actually it took 3 weeks from they receiving my passport til I received it. It came in light brown (sandy color) big envelope..and no I did n't include a return envelope.

CaraPK said:
Can I ask why it took 2 weeks between the time your visa was issued and when you received it? I'm waiting for mine to come back, and need it by 2 weeks from today. Did you not include a return envelope?

K

kalew2010

Cross posted from July:
LANDED! We went to Buffalo last night (we could land at anytime since NYC had issued the visa). No problems at the border. It took a total of 15mins because he had nothing to land with as we had brought his things here previously.

This morning, however, when speaking with a friend at work he mentioned that you can land IN TORONTO :S He landed several years ago but for those around Toronto you may want to investigate. He said it was by Yonge and St Clair, but since this was a few years ago perhaps the rules have changed.

Thank you for all your support through this process and good luck to everyone waiting on completion!!

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kalew2010 said:
Cross posted from July:
LANDED! We went to Buffalo last night (we could land at anytime since NYC had issued the visa). No problems at the border. It took a total of 15mins because he had nothing to land with as we had brought his things here previously.

This morning, however, when speaking with a friend at work he mentioned that you can land IN TORONTO :S He landed several years ago but for those around Toronto you may want to investigate. He said it was by Yonge and St Clair, but since this was a few years ago perhaps the rules have changed.

Thank you for all your support through this process and good luck to everyone waiting on completion!!
Congratulations kalew2010 and thanks for the info re: landing Yonge/St. Clair, I'll have to check into it.