28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
patiently_waiting said:
Hi Atog, you wouldn't normally order CAIPS notes unless you wanted them prior to an interview. Normally, there won't even be any information in them if you have just applied and received sponsorship approval. The reason people order them before going into an interview is so that they are prepared for any questions they may ask you as you would have access to the notes they would have entered into the computer regarding your case re: Medical information, specific additional documentation they may have asked for or why they have asked for it.

Oh in case you are wondering, this was guidance given to me by a senior member! Hope this helps! :)
I disagree.

Though many people may get it for interview-purposes, myself and many others get them to try and retrieve information which SHOULD be given to us automatically (e.g. via email, eCas, or letter mail), however in some cases, it may not. CIC absolutely fails at communication. If you sample a handful of applicants from ANY visa office, you'll have some that had lots of communication, and some with none. You'll have some that had a physical AOR letter, and some that had NO AOR. You'll have some that had InProcess, some that didn't. You'll have some that were never able to log in to eCas, and some that could. You'll have some who got PPR via email, and others who never received an email, but rather, got a letter sometime later. A good reason to order CAIPS notes is to see what is going on with your application, in the event things are NOT being communicated with you properly/punctually.

My primary reasoning for ordering CAIPS notes, is to see what my BF (bring-forward) date is, or the date which an IO will actually look through my application. An application may have multiple BF dates, if for example, an IO finds it's missing something, and sets another BF date after giving the applicant time to submit additional documents, etc.

In addition, I hope my CAIPS notes will reveal that A) my interview is waived, B) medical results are received, C) FBI background check results were received, and D) anything else that is cause for celebration. Though I would EXPECT to find out about my medical results and interview waived through eCAS, again, not everyone has the luxury of having this information communicated with them. You can pretty much count on this information being stored on the internal systems at CIC, which is what CAIPS notes obtains for you.

You can go absolutely insane waiting week after week for that special email or letter to come from CIC, only to be disappointed, because some IO's apparently prefer to leave people in the dark. OR, you can order your CAIPS notes every 30 days, from around the time you get your AOR, to the point of getting PPR, to see what's REALLY going on with your application.

I'd encourage everyone to get them, either the free route, or paid. It's just one more little thing that can help bring you a small slice of sanity through this seemingly endless process wherein YOU, the applicant, are left in the dark 95% of the time.

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Pharoh said:
I disagree.

Though many people may get it for interview-purposes, myself and many others get them to try and retrieve information which SHOULD be given to us automatically (e.g. via email, eCas, or letter mail), however in some cases, it may not. CIC absolutely fails at communication. If you sample a handful of applicants from ANY visa office, you'll have some that had lots of communication, and some with none. You'll have some that had a physical AOR letter, and some that had NO AOR. You'll have some that had InProcess, some that didn't. You'll have some that were never able to log in to eCas, and some that could. You'll have some who got PPR via email, and others who never received an email, but rather, got a letter sometime later. A good reason to order CAIPS notes is to see what is going on with your application, in the event things are NOT being communicated with you properly/punctually.

My primary reasoning for ordering CAIPS notes, is to see what my BF (bring-forward) date is, or the date which an IO will actually look through my application. An application may have multiple BF dates, if for example, an IO finds it's missing something, and sets another BF date after giving the applicant time to submit additional documents, etc.

In addition, I hope my CAIPS notes will reveal that A) my interview is waived, B) medical results are received, C) FBI background check results were received, and D) anything else that is cause for celebration. Though I would EXPECT to find out about my medical results and interview waived through eCAS, again, not everyone has the luxury of having this information communicated with them. You can pretty much count on this information being stored on the internal systems at CIC, which is what CAIPS notes obtains for you.

You can go absolutely insane waiting week after week for that special email or letter to come from CIC, only to be disappointed, because some IO's apparently prefer to leave people in the dark. OR, you can order your CAIPS notes every 30 days, from around the time you get your AOR, to the point of getting PPR, to see what's REALLY going on with your application.

I'd encourage everyone to get them, either the free route, or paid. It's just one more little thing that can help bring you a small slice of sanity through this seemingly endless process wherein YOU, the applicant, are left in the dark 95% of the time.
)

To each their own however realistically at such an early stage you risk spending $35 to find there is absolutely no information that wouldn't be provided on your AOR. As you can see from various posts, there is no hard and fast rule as to when CIC has to send information to any of us (other than the timeline for 80% completed date)

However one thing this forum has been exceptionally helpful at doing is providing all of us timelines to guide us along the process. Your embassy, Buffalo, moves along relatively quickly for many cases however some of the other embassies have extremely long timelines which can be due to back ground checks but also because of the number of applicants into that office has risen which could mean people could apply for CAIPS notes early on and their file has very little action leaving them disappointed due to the number of applications received.

In your case, given Buffalo's timelines and your comfort level I am sure that you will be successful in your request for information however embassies with longer timelines that may go through different stages this may not be a viable option for every applicant.

Just thought of one more thing, on the CIC site for London it states they do not provide AOR from this embassy. If Buffalo's does (which it seems many people do receive this) you may want to contact them directly if you haven't heard something in case it is lost in the mail.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
patiently_waiting said:
)

To each their own however realistically at such an early stage you risk spending $35 to find there is absolutely no information that wouldn't be provided on your AOR. As you can see from various posts, there is no hard and fast rule as to when CIC has to send information to any of us (other than the timeline for 80% completed date)

However one thing this forum has been exceptionally helpful at doing is providing all of us timelines to guide us along the process. Your embassy, Buffalo, moves along relatively quickly for many cases however some of the other embassies have extremely long timelines which can be due to back ground checks but also because of the number of applicants into that office has risen which could mean people could apply for CAIPS notes early on and their file has very little action leaving them disappointed due to the number of applications received.

In your case, given Buffalo's timelines and your comfort level I am sure that you will be successful in your request for information however embassies with longer timelines that may go through different stages this may not be a viable option for every applicant.
You are very much correct, patiently_waiting. CAIPS are pretty much pointless for certain offices that drag things out to over a year or more, as they may in fact have no information to provide. I think a lot of it depends on the office, the method applying (e.g. inland vs outland), etc. I think every person needs to make their own decision in this regard, but it may bring some small comfort to a few people, in the event they can hear ANYTHING relevant to their application. Of course, getting an empty CAIPS note back can be just as devastating as not having heard anything to begin with.

I find that keeping myself busy keeps me sane. I think of and do everything I can to prepare for my eventual PPR. I thought that ordering the CAIPS notes would give me something to do (took about a day to place the order), and perhaps in a month, it might share with me some news regarding my application. It may very well not, but in keeping myself busy, I don't think about the potential results (or lackthereof). Meh.

The next thing on my things-to-do-while-waiting-this-out list is to write my resignation letter for work, and save it on my computer. When I get PPR, I just have to print it, and hand it in to my boss.

Again, I think keeping yourself busy is key to surviving this process.

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Pharoh said:
You are very much correct, patiently_waiting. CAIPS are pretty much pointless for certain offices that drag things out to over a year or more, as they may in fact have no information to provide. I think a lot of it depends on the office, the method applying (e.g. inland vs outland), etc. I think every person needs to make their own decision in this regard, but it may bring some small comfort to a few people, in the event they can hear ANYTHING relevant to their application. Of course, getting an empty CAIPS note back can be just as devastating as not having heard anything to begin with.

I find that keeping myself busy keeps me sane. I think of and do everything I can to prepare for my eventual PPR. I thought that ordering the CAIPS notes would give me something to do (took about a day to place the order), and perhaps in a month, it might share with me some news regarding my application. It may very well not, but in keeping myself busy, I don't think about the potential results (or lackthereof). Meh.

The next thing on my things-to-do-while-waiting-this-out list is to write my resignation letter for work, and save it on my computer. When I get PPR, I just have to print it, and hand it in to my boss.

Again, I think keeping yourself busy is key to surviving this process.
Couldn't agree with you more about keeping busy! London doesn't give us any information other than the ECAS change to In Progress and the eventual email for PPR unless they want soemthing else.. there are even people still In Progress that have already had PPR! Crazy I know! I just have to have enough faith that no news is good news LOL

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Hey Pharoh - any news as yet?

I just realized something that I needed to share - You guys know I emailed buffalo last weekend (Saturday) to see if I can find out where they are with my application and they emailed me back on the Monday telling me that they are up to applications received on Dec 1st. But the email address I put in the online form to enquire information wasn't the email address I received my AOR with.

They used the email address I provided on the application to email me my AOR!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
DKA said:
Hey Pharoh - any news as yet?

I just realized something that I needed to share - You guys know I emailed buffalo last weekend (Saturday) to see if I can find out where they are with my application and they emailed me back on the Monday telling me that they are up to applications received on Dec 1st. But the email address I put in the online form to enquire information wasn't the email address I received my AOR with.

They used the email address I provided on the application to email me my AOR!
Hey DKA,

Nope, nothing yet. I wasn't expecting anything to happen this weekend. I'm looking forward to AOR this week... myself, TreeLover, and others should be hearing something. Of course, Tuesday is the big eCas update day, so perhaps we'll see a whole bunch of InProcesses. I'm looking forward to when you have more news to share, as that'll tell us how long of a wait we have between getting our AOR via email, and getting the actual letter and or InProcess, or something indicating that interviews have been waived.

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Hopefully the start updating as of tomorrow!

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
patiently_waiting said:
Couldn't agree with you more about keeping busy! London doesn't give us any information other than the ECAS change to In Progress and the eventual email for PPR unless they want soemthing else.. there are even people still In Progress that have already had PPR! Crazy I know! I just have to have enough faith that no news is good news LOL
But if people applying through London don't receive a notification of Ecas to in progress they also shouldn't worry, as I recieved PPR on 5 Jan, and I still am unable to log onto Ecas at all under my name and my husbands (sponsor) Ecas only changed to Decision Made weeks after and never showed In Progress at all.

pinay_juliet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does this means WE ARE IN PROCESS??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I checked E CAS today it says it's in process and we have this:

We started processing your application on January 20, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Same date we received AOR, but not active till now!!!

Atog

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-01-2011
File Transfer...
17-12-2010
Med's Done....
29-06-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
07/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Thanks a lot guys!!!

You guys really help me a lot with the explanation of the CAIPS, and since my wife is in Canada, no harm done doing it anyway rather than missing some letter from them if bad luck

Hopefully I will get my AOR as well tomorrow...*finger crossed

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
pinay_juliet said:

YES! That's most certainly an InProcess!! Congratulations!!

This bodes well for all other November Buffalo AOR's... DKA, MizzCanAm, ....you may already be 'InProcess', bu it may not have been updated on eCas yet!! I have a really good feeling for this week both for myself and others getting their AOR's, but also for other people getting their status changed to InProcess. *fingers crossed!*

You'll know the second I get my AOR. I hope that'll be later today! ;D

Good luck everyone!

pinay_juliet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Pharoh! I have a feeling you'll get your AOR this week!!!

Also just for FYI on those people waiting to be "in process". Try to log in under the immigration file number that you've received from the AOR. For some strange reasons, why I log in under client ID ( I am the Sponsor), there's no update, it says unavailable. But when I used my husband's file number, it says in process.

ohohogirl

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
NON
AOR Received.
15-DEC-2010
Interview........
18-APR-2011
Passport Req..
10-JAN-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-APR-2011
LANDED..........
3-MAY-2011(HAPPY HAPPY ENDING)
pinay_juliet said:

congat!! may your family and every famili be united soon!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
1. Congrats Pinay! ;D
2. All other Buffalo applicants hopefully we hear something soon!
3. Pinay - I tried using my Immigration File Number with my sponsors information as while as mines - and no luck! :( I guess I'm still under in their awaiting assesment queue!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
DKA said:
1. Congrats Pinay! ;D
2. All other Buffalo applicants hopefully we hear something soon!
3. Pinay - I tried using my Immigration File Number with my sponsors information as while as mines - and no luck! :( I guess I'm still under in their awaiting assesment queue!
No news yet... it HAS to be this week. They have to be processing applicaitons +/- a day of when they received mine.

I'll look forward to tomorrow. I know it's "eCas Tuesday", and it may not mean anything for me, but at least there should be some more activity for everyone else.